Users

Frequent Posters

BlueMystique thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 10 years ago
Originally posted by: madmaxine

Yeh SKD nahi DKD hai! Do you not remember the aggravation? 😲

Adds to the charm ;)

Also, how ironic would it be if they did a show together and it absolutely bombed?

The story (initial) and direction were as much a reason for IPK's success as the whole cast was, including SaRun.
meera30 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 7
Years ago there used to be this show called Kutumbh - atrocious Ekta Kapoor drama but the leads were pretty popular - they went on to get married too (Hiten Tejwani, anyone?) After the end of that show - they came back with Kutumbh-2 which was a rip off of Erich Segal's Love Story. It did bomb!

So yes, that could happen. 

Sometimes I really wonder...all somebody has to do is visit the FF section and rip some idea off. 
CheshireBilli thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 7
Ah Ridz, to be honest, the story never held me as much as SaRun's chemistry, the ensemble cast, the background music, the cinematography (which I LOVED), the (initial) development of character, etc.
Plot bahut ghisa-pita tha. The other things made it shine.

And direction was only occasionally good. Not consistent. Even with the same guy at the helm.
meera30 thumbnail
Oh it was the two of them for me too. And that chemistry (abused word that) was visible in that promo - the one that Shattered was born from. That was it for me! 

I rue the day. 
CheshireBilli thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 7
Originally posted by: meera30

Years ago there used to be this show called Kutumbh - atrocious Ekta Kapoor drama but the leads were pretty popular - they went on to get married too (Hiten Tejwani, anyone?) After the end of that show - they came back with Kutumbh-2 which was a rip off of Erich Segal's Love Story. It did bomb!

So yes, that could happen. 

Sometimes I really wonder...all somebody has to do is visit the FF section and rip some idea off. 

Ahem. I remember. And true to my style, I have watched about five episodes. While the two were pretty nondescript in their own right, they DID have a special something when they came together and argued.

I believe they worked together in Ekta's magnum opus Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi too. As part of the second generation or something.

ALSO, another embarrassing Ekta show that I have watched quite a bit of-- Kaisa Yeh Pyaar Hai. Annoying female lead and asshole male lead. But I watched. Please don't ask me why. Angad and Kripa had me hooked at one point.
madmaxine thumbnail
I don't think S and I will work together again for their sanity. I don't see him coming back to TV in the near future unless the format of shows on Indian Telly changes.

I am eagerly looking forward to Anil Kapoor's 24. Guy actually bought the rights. That, in itself is impressive. I hope he brings a positive change to programming quality.
Eccentrica thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: Semanti

Actually, I wouldn't want 4Lions. Nope.

Some other PH with better PR and management ought to consider cashing in on Sobti-Irani's popularity. Maybe with a different sort of story altogether. (wrt the enormous amount of fanfic spawned by the show)
So no brooding, angry, young man and no perennially optimistic, cheerful, young girl. 

I would like that.

Any names in mind?
Eccentrica thumbnail
I loved season 1 of Kutumb; first show that I fangirled on. And KYPH had my interes for soem time as well.
btw, hi allπŸ˜†
meera30 thumbnail
Ermmm I watched all of 30 episodes of Kaisa Yeh... It was alright :p that guy was quite popular too but the girl was terrible! And then one day I went eweee. Yep I am the only one to blame for all of this soap watching. To my credit I haven't watched anything in more than 6 months :D

Max I'm very excited about 24 too. The best (only good) thing Anil Kapoor has done since... Since producing Sonam Kapoor really but.. Since Slumdog Millionaire
Eccentrica thumbnail
Originally posted by: meera30

Ermmm I watched all of 30 episodes of Kaisa Yeh... It was alright :p that guy was quite popular too but the girl was terrible! And then one day I went eweee. Yep I am the only one to blame for all of this soap watching. To my credit I haven't watched anything in more than 6 months :D

Max I'm very excited about 24 too. The best (only good) thing Anil Kapoor has done since... Since producing Sonam Kapoor really but.. Since Slumdog Millionaire

Everyone detests Sonam Kapoor kya?πŸ˜†
Meera kitne dino baad mili