Members Lounge

Kishanji's Happy-wala Birthday !!!

wayward thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 10 years ago

^^Banner By -Celestial-

(Please Do Let The Page Load)
"Do you Know What Day Is It Today ?", Asked The Old "Daadi Maa". She Sat Beneath The Peepal Tree Everyday, To Sell Toys, And Tell Stories To The Children Of The Village. "Nooo, Daadiji !", Replied The Children, "Please Tell Us !!". "Today Is The Day When Shri Kishan Created The 'Shyaama-sakhi Leela'." Mukta Asked, "What's That Daadi ?". "It Is A Wonder Of The Lord. Wait, Let Me Attend That Child, Then I'll Tell You About This 'Shyaama-sakhi Leela'.". A Little Boy Had Seen The Adorable Terracotta Toys, And Wanted Them. Seeing That The Father Was not Interested And Child Was Crying, She Called Them. "Lala, Wait, I'll Give You Some Toys For Free !", Said She. The Child Stopped Crying And Came Closer To Her. She Picked Up The Best toys From Her Collection, And Gave It To Him, And He Smiled At Her And Ran Away To Catch Up With His Father.
          Then She Turned To The Children, Who Were Waiting Eagerly. She Started..."A Long Time Ago, When Kishan Was Around 14-15 Years Old, He Did This To Enter The Nikunj (Garden) Of Radhika.". "Why ? We Hear She Was The Greatest Devotee Of Kishan ?" "Wasn't He Allowed To Enter In Her Garden ?", Asked Tara And Subaala. "Right, Subi !! The Other Friends Of Young Radha Had Made Her Believe That Kishan Wasn't So Good As He Appeared To Be. Thus, Radha Forbid Kishan From Entering The Garden. First he Tried A lot To Enter, By Pleading And Then By Trying To Enter the Garden Secretly. But All In Vain. Then He Thought That, 'These Sakhis Won't Let Me Enter Just Like That. I Have To Do Something Else.'. Suddenly An Idea Struck Him, As He Saw A Choori-waali (Bangle Seller) And The Crowd Of Girls Around Her. 'Okay,', He Thought, 'I Have Attained So Many Forms For Her...King, Beggar, Cowherd, Hermit...One More Will Not Do Any Harm !'. He Was A Very Determined Person, And If Once He Had Made Up His Mind To Do Something (Especially Some Kind Of Mischief), Then There Was No One In This Universe Who Could Stop Him. He Could Steal The Hearts Of Everyone In A Single Glance. Thus, He Had No Difficulty In Stealing Some Of His Mother's Bangles And A Yellow Saree. He Just Wrapped The Saree Around Him As He Did Not Know How To Wear It, Took The Bag Filled With Bangles, And Went In The Direction of Radhike's Nikunj.
       All The Friends Of Radha Mistook Him For A Real Bangle Seller. Seeing The Beautiful Bangles, They Thought That They Would Be Much Costly. So, They took Him To Radha, As Radha Was The Princess Of Their Village, And She Would Be Able To Buy Them. Radha Was Suspicious, And Kept On Thinking That Perhaps He Knew Her (Him). Kishan Understood That If She Stared At Him Any Longer, Then She Would Recognize Him. He Didn't Want To Give Up So Soon. So, At Once He Went Close To Her And Hugged Her Tightly, And In The Meanwhile, Lowered His Veil, So No One Would Be Able To Recognize Him. Kishan Introduced Himself As Shyamaa (The Dark One) And Began Showing The Bangles To Him. But Radha Was Thinking Something Else. She Was Thinking About Kishan. Kishan Understood This And Said, "Raadhe, I've Heard You Are A Lover Of That Black Kishan ?". Raadha Immediately Flared Up, "What Do You Think Of Yourself ? My Kishan Is Naughty, But Not Black Like You ! He Is The Colour Of The Sky, Blue !". Kishan Teased Her Further, "I Live In Gokul, And Sick And Tired Of His Antics And Boring Flute...". "Don't You Dare To Say Anything Like That About Him !! You Don't Know My Power...I Can Burn You To Ashes, This Very Moment, With My Yogic Powers."
    Saying This She Went Up To Her Golden Seat, And Sat On The Ground Beside It And Began To Meditate. Suddenly A Divine Light Came Out From Her Body. Kishan Thought This Was The Time For Him To Reveal Himself. So, He Disappeared From There And Reappeared In His Original Form, Wearing A Golden Yellow Dhoti And Vastra...With The 8 Stones Or Yoginis Embedded In His Bangles,Armlet, Earrings, Anklets, Rings, Nose Ring Crown With The Peacock Feather...The Red Kaustubh Gem...His Gold Flute...He Made Radha Sit Beside Him, And Asked What Had Happened. In Reply Radha Kept Crying And Pointed In The Direction Where He Had Been Standing. Kishan Lovingly Told Her That There Was No One There. At This She Wiped Her Eyes And Saw That The Place Was Empty. Kishan Said, 'Pyaari (The Loved One), She Was An Asuri (Demon) And Wanted To Dissuade You From My Devotion. As You Called Me, She Became Afraid And Went Away. But I Promise, She Won't Come To You Anymore !'. Radha Replied, 'But Kanha, You Have Made A Great Mistake...'. Kishan Was Surprised, 'Mistake ? What Mistake Raadhe ?', Said He. Radha Said Laughing, 'You Act Well, But I'm Even Better Than You, My Lord !!'. 'Oh,', Kishan Laughed, 'I Forgot You Are Mayamaaya Yourself !!'", Finished Daadi Maa. "Did You Like It ?", Asked She. "Yes !!!!", They Chorused.

Do You Know What Day Is Today ?
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

It's Kanhaji's Birthday, 28th August !!!!!!

Its His 5236th Birthday, And Here's The Song For Him, Please Clap !

Happy Birthday Kanha !!

Lets Pray For Him !

Now, The Time For Celebrations  !!!

https://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ltsooz25CO1qze7oqo1_500.jpg

Now, Comes the Cake !!

Then Come The Gifts :-

https://i.imgur.com/CiM1gKa.jpg

Now The Feast !!!

https://priyaskitchen.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/aloo_paratha.jpg

https://2.imimg.com/data2/QC/LW/MY-2894336/14-250x250.jpg

https://2.imimg.com/data2/QC/LW/MY-2894336/14-250x250.jpg

Edited by Radhikerani - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

wayward thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Please Do Let All Of The Pictures Load, As This Page Is Filled With The Devotions Of The Various People Who Helped Us.

Gifts From Other Members :-

Surish: -

Birth of Krishna (English) Animated Feature - YouTube

Janmashtami Song - Krishna Jinka Naam Hai (Krishna Bhajan by Shri Jagjit Singh) - YouTube

Happy Janmashtami - Nand Ke Anand Bhayo ( Krishna Bhajan ) - YouTube

Shubh Janamasthmi Glitters

sudishnashiva :-

Radha Krishna - Woh Kisna Hai

Manmohan kanha Bhajan (Touch the soul)

New dwarkadeesh bhajan from ndtv imagine

Kanha Re Thoda Sa Pyar De Original From Ramanand Sagar's Shri Krishna

kalyani_shiva :-

princessofkesar :-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-9fyTmcqH4&feature=player_detailpage

Debipriya :-

Kanha Kanha Aan Padi - Devotional Song

debasree04 :-

Sri_Radha :-

sudishnashiva :-

"Janmashtami Special" Meera's Love...

Radha's pain of separation is her way towards eternal union with Krishna...

Radha was sitting quietly at the bank of river Yamuna, brooding over her last encounter with Krishna... He had told her hesitantly that he will be leaving Gokul for good... she still was not able to take in what he had said... No, you cannot do this to me! She had screamed & even fought with him in anguish... but who can change destiny; tomorrow he was leaving for Mathura! It seemed as if her body had become of stone... the soul had left it & was running madly calling out the name of her beloved... that may be by listening to her tormented voice he might change his mind & not leave her like this; or even if he had to go at any cost then she could also accompany him, ignoring all the responsibilities of this mundane world that were binding her feet, keeping her away from her Krishna!

But that also she could not do... how will he hear the silent cry of her aching heart that was dying every minute; the moment it came to know about the departure of the person whom she loved more than anyone else... more than herself too... to the extent that she did not remember also now who she was... her whole essence had merged inside her Lord, her savior, her Krishna!

Thinking thus, she was totally lost in her thoughts when she felt a familiar soothing touch on her shoulder, Radhey... she closed her eyes & a few silent dew drops of grief-stricken love escaped the corner of those beautiful eyes...

Not getting any reaction from her, he sat down beside her & took her cold hand in his... giving it the much needed warmth of love! He put his other hand on her chin & turned her face gently towards him. She lowered her eyes in an effort to avoid his gaze...Radhey, my love, are you still angry with your Krishna? His innocently asked question was enough to dissolve the coldness of pain & sorrow that had together gripped tightly her heart... & she melted in his arms... crying miserably... wanting desperately that she may die this instant itself in her beloveds arms!

For some time he too was speechless with this pain of separation... he didnt know how to console his sweetheart... going away from her was like going away from his own self...

Although sad tears were rolling down from his own eyes, still he composed himself for the sake of the girl whom he too loved madly! The girl whom he could never even for a moment see in pain, was today drowning in this sea of  grief which had been created by him only... because destiny had left no other choice for him, bound as he was by his own duties for the welfare of humanity. My love, please do not cry like this... he whispered in her ears, holding her closely in the tenderness of his loving embrace. She still was crying inconsolably, continuously bathing his firm chest with the pure waters of unconditional love!

If you continue crying like this, then where from will I get the strength to perform my duty to the world, dear? Your happiness, your love, is my strength... do you really believe that I can ever live without you Radhey... we are one, living within each other... can there be a heart without love? I am your heart Radhey & you are my love; I am non-existent without you! Those words of Krishna acted like balm on her aching heart and slowly she stopped crying & regained her composure. They dived deep into the sea of each others eyes... as if wanting to merge into one another this very moment... towards a union that knows no separation!

Radha held Krishnas hand in her own & smiling softly told him, You are my Lord, my beloved, my everything... It is true that without you I cannot but take a single breath; each breath that I take calls your name only! Even if you are not there with me physically, I feel you inside my heart constantly... I never want to be your weakness Krishna, you are my strength & I too want to serve you by being your strength!

So saying, she gently kissed his hand & with eyes filled with tears, looked at him and still smiling, thus spoke, You go, my love... go & fulfill your duty towards humanity... let the good conquer over the evil... go Krishna, the whole world is awaiting your revered presence! Bless them all with your teachings that will echo in this universe till eternity... giving strength & showing the path towards a wholesome spiritual life to man.

Krishna, with immense love in his eyes, being overwhelmed by her unalloyed, unconditional love, took her lovingly in his arms; he kissed her forehead affectionately & then taking both her hands in his, said, Radhey, till eternity I will remain indebted to your pure, selfless love, the depth of which even I shall never be able to measure! I will always remain with you, my sweet beloved, here... putting his hand gently on her heart, he continued, inside your heart, & whenever youll call me, you shall find me always standing in front of you, ever ready to serve my love in whichever way she wants me to...

Hearing such sweet words from his lips, Radhas radiant face glowed, giving a crimson blush to her rosy cheeks! She didnt let him complete his sentence & put her delicate hand on his lips; No my love, my Krishna, please let this privilege be totally mine, of serving you & loving you constantly, in such a way that, in this pain of separation too I may find the joy of everlasting union with you! She told him with such an intense look of profound love in her eyes that pierced through his heart!

Tears welled up in his eyes and he again embraced her fondly & with the same intensity spoke softly in her ears, Yes, my Radhey... nevertheless, this privilege will be not only yours but mine too; so that together we may show the path of divine love to those who want to drown in this ocean of pure love, taking them swiftly towards an everlasting union of the soul with the Supersoul!

Surya_krishnabhakt  :-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjuyLGgqV9o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAwP_HwzNIE

Baro Krishnayya...
Baro Krishnayya Ninna Bhaktara Manengeeka Krishna

Charanam

Anduke Padakavu Kalandike Girugejje
Dhim Dhimi Dhimi DHimi Enuta
Ponkulaloodutha Baarayya (Baro...)

Kankana Karadalli Henahinkara Konanuthe
Kingini GIni Gini Ginirenutha
Ponkulaloodutha Baarayya (Baro...)

Vasa Udupini Nilayaadhi Kesavane
Dasa Nina Pada Dasa...
Dasa Nina Pada Dasa saligali Baarayya (Baro...)

Lyrics For Sajandunni (Malayalam):

Sanjadunni Sanjadu En Mana Manjatthin Meedu

Senjundil ponsiriyum konjum Poo Mozhigalumaai
Pinjukkaal Kondu Thanjamaai Adi Saanjaadu

Mullai Kurumozhi Mandaaram Pol Ulla Nalla sumangal Madiyil Chaarthi
Mulla Charane Vennunna Poo menikkondu en Mana kanne Anandam Nalgi

Pullanguzhal Oodi Sangeetha Gangathan Kallola Jaalatthil Ennai Aati
Alla Nam Iruniki Ennullil Enrum nee Ullasa Kiranangal thoogi thoogi

Vallavi Jana Nayaka Mugilvanna Guruvayoorappa Kanna
Appa Kanna Sanjadu...

*Dev.* :-

Edited by Radhikerani - 10 years ago
-Reeti- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Janmashtami commemorates the earthly appearance of Krishna, who is described in Indias sacred writings as God Himself. One of the biggest religious festivals in the world, it is celebrated by nine hundred and thirty million people around the world--and two million in the US alone. To devotees, its Christmas and New Years in one, a day of deep spiritual renewal and celebration that effectively finishes an old year and begins a fresh one.

But why Janmashtami, you may ask? Whats so special about Krishna, as opposed to any other form of God? Its His personable-ness. He reciprocates in unique, personal ways with every devotee who offers Him love"He is the most adorable, mischievous son, the most romantic lover, the most compassionate friend. And on Janmashtami, devotees celebrate Krishna in all of these aspects. For just as Krishna reciprocates individually with His relatives and confidantes, he responds to the distinct feelings and desires held most deeply in the heart of every single worshipper.

So remember that whatever way you worship Krishna on Janmashtami, He will reciprocate with you accordingly. Its a meditation that makes for an extremely rewarding devotional experience.

Edited by -Celestial- - 10 years ago
-Reeti- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

How is Janmashtami Celebrated?

Where Vaishnava temples exist, festivities begin before dawn and extend all day until midnight, the exact moment of the anniversary of Krishnas appearance. Events include kirtan, singing the Lords name along with other devotees; and japa, private, more intimate prayer. Some devotees cook a feast of over one hundred dishes, while others perform drama and dance. Some clothe and decorate the deity of Krishna while others string enormous flower garlands and other decorations for the temple. Incense burns, scriptures are read, and all but the young and the infirm fast all day. The deities are also bathed with a variety of auspicious liquids in a kind of ablution
ceremony called abhisheka. Sometimes taking over two hours, this is performed with great pomp.Finally, at midnight, priests pull apart the curtains to reveal the freshly dressed deity of Krishna on a creatively festooned and colored altar. The excitement builds, and a rousing kirtan ensues.

Check out the link for more informations about celebrating Janmashtami 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krishna_Janmashtami

There are different parts in the world. Every one has a different way to celebrate Janmashtami. So Here are some legends.
Festivity for over Two Days
Janmashtami festivities continue for two days and reach its peak at midnight of the first day. This is the time when Lord Krishna is said to have been born. The blessed event marking Bhagwan Krishnas birth is celebrated with zeal in different states of India. Mathura, the birthplace of Lord is particulary famous for its grand celebrations. Janmashtami is also celebrated with verve in the states of Maharashtra, Gujarat and Tamil Nadu.

Celebrated with Splendour
Sri Krishnashtami is celebrated with lot of pomp and show. During the midnight celebration, lord's idol is bathed with Panchamrit and then the cradle is rocked. Devotees fast all day long and break it after the birth of Bhagwan Krishna at midnight. Songs and hymns are sung by people accompanied by dancing in praise of their favourite 'Makhan Chor'. Aarti is performed by blowing conch and ringing of bells. Elaborate Pooja (Prayer) and ceremonies are held in the honour of Bhagwan. Prasad is distributed among devotees after the birth ceremony.

Environment of Euphoria and Glee
Janmashtami creates an environment of happiness and joy among the devotees. With loads of ongoing fun activities, people are lost in the joy of divine songs and dances performed in praise of Lord. Colorful Rasleela (plays) are performed by devotees depicting significant phases and acts of Lord's life.

Janmashtami Special Dishes
As Lord Krishna was very fond of sweets, milk and other milk products like butter and buttermilk, so his devotees make sweets of these products to commemorate the occasion. Sweets like Doodhachi Kheer, Pedha, Gopalkala or Gulabjamun are the major dishes prepared on Krishnashtami. Besides, Shrikhand and Singhare ki Poori are also made in households. Eatables like Murukku and Seeddai are popular in the Southern State of Tamil Nadu.

Jhulanotsava and Ghata Celebrations
A common feature of Janmashtami in North India, especially Mathura is 'Jhulanotsava'. In this, Jhulas (swings) are hung in the courtyards of temples and houses in honour of the Lord. Another distinguishing feature of Janmashtami festival celebrations is 'Ghatas'. This is a month long programme wherein a particular colour is selected as a theme and the entire temple is adorned with the same colour. The idol of God is also adorned with clothes of the same colour.

Dahi Handi, Raslila, Jhankis
Celebration of Sri Krishna's birth will be incomplete without Raslila (Dance Drama). In this extremely popular and joyful drama, incidents from Sri Krishna's life are enacted in form of dance. In a good performance devotees are virtually transformed into the time and age of Lord Krishna. The experience is absolutely mesmerizing.

The ritual of Dahi Handi is carried out with much fanfare and joy. Human pyramid is formed to break the Handi (Earthen Pot) suspended from top with the help of a rope. The exciting process involves throwing water by the onlookers to prevent the boys from breaking the earthen pot. Dahi Handi ritual is most popularly celebrated in Mumbai.

Jhankis (tableaux) are cribs and other decorations depicting the entire life of Lord Krishna right from the time of his birth. Various jhankis include bith of Lord Krishna in jail, Vasudev,father of Lord Krishna taking out of the jail to his friend Nand, River Yamuna in floods finally bowing to the feet of Lord and making way,Exchange of Lord with the baby girl etc.

Janmashtami is celebrated with fervor all over India and with the spread of Hinduism,it is celebrated with similar emotion all across the globe.

Happy Janmashtami

Regards

-Riti

Edited by -Celestial- - 10 years ago
GunDaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
Happy birthday My Kanhaa ji
.Shiva. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4
Happy Janmashtami Sri Krishna👏🥳❤️
Aks13 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Krishna Janmashtami scraps greetings for orkut

Krishna Janmashtami scraps greetings for orkut

Janmashtami Images

Janmashtami Images

Janmashtami Images

Payal_156 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
happy janmashtmi to all
like button nt working
HAathi godha palki jai Kanhya lal ki
ll_megha_ll thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Hati godha pal ki bolo jai kanahiya lal ki.

Happy birthday jai shri krishna.
App bua hampe apni kripa banaye rakhe. Or aapka ashirwaad sadev apne bhakto or humpe bana rahe
maryanne_candy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Happy Janmashtami Sri Krishna👏🥳