Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MereMahiyaa. thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
loool we havee alooot of custums i even dont know the half of it lool 
alisonsmith thumbnail
If you are single and getting married and you want to some exotic in your wedding then exotic venue India is just the right choice. Nowadays everybody wants to do something different in their wedding. Outlandish always wants to do some exotic and marvelous.
-Nafisa- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Interesting post I don't know about classes, I suppose I was raised in the upper class, as we were wealthy and could have functions before and during the wedding and see the couple settled in a nice house and have their own business (so about dowry, the onus is on the richer parent, to provide, or if both are coming from wealthy backgrounds which is normally the case, the bride's parents pay for the wedding only, grooms family takes care of their son's business interests and sets them up in their own house or they stay with his parents, they also pay for the honeymoon trip). 

A very useful custom we have is to have a "kitchen tea", this is done before the wedding, normally a week before the wedding and is the first function we have, only ladies are invited of all ages, married off course, elder and younger married ladies, friends of the bride can also come (which aren't married) but they step out of the room during the time the ladies start giving advice to the bride to be. The married ladies which are invited are from the grooms side as well as the brides side of the family. It's like a tea/coffee and cake and then give the bride advice of how to manage in her married life.  

Then mehndi will be organised for one day during the week leading onto the wedding too. For us the haldi is a very quiet affair done with only immediate family or those staying with the bride. 

Wedding is like how you described your one, except the church we have a Nikah ceremony in the morning, mostly we do it at home, we are fortunate to have the space to build a wedding dias etc with guests to watch the ceremonies. Then photographs are taken of the families together with the bride and groom, thereafter lunch is served to everybody. Thereafter, we do a reception in the evening with speeches, dinner, cake cutting, opening the floor for dancing, bouquet and gutter throwing, leaving ceremony (where all guests that attend the reception join hands and the bride and groom leave the wedding ceremony after hugging and kissing everybody personally 😆). 

alisonsmith thumbnail
We know that wedding such as an occasion which is marvelous and memorable things in the world. But nowadays everything related to your wedding supplies getting more expensive. So before going to buy items make sure that everything should be affordable and durable so that your budget will in your hands.