If some1 has problem in Urdu - Page 20

Posted: 9 years ago
What is the meaning of "Yalgar ho?"
Originally posted by elasingh

What is the meaning of "Yalgar ho?"

ela, i am not fluent in urdu but have been watching pakistani shows since childhood, i think it means 'attack'!
Originally posted by mandyg

ela, i am not fluent in urdu but have been watching pakistani shows since childhood, i think it means 'attack'!
thank you...
Nice thread Sara
What is the meaning of 'nuska'-tips, is it? And milkiyat? And Kohram? (Hawaii)And mustakbil?

Also what is the urdu word for 'prasad'
Jalal says that while giving Jo something at Ajmer 

Also the urdu word for 'cheating' in a playful sort of manner...like while playing.  Dhoka is used in more serious context I believe.

Also in the very early episodes just after tge shart episode when MA confronts Jalal for accepting the conditions he says Hindustan hampar khilli udayedi ki ek adad ladki ki adad maangein hum poora na kar sake. What is adad?
Edited by Sandhya.A - 9 years ago
Originally posted by Sandhya.A

Nice thread Sara
What is the meaning of 'nuska'-tips, is it? And milkiyat? And Kohram? (Hawaii)And mustakbil?

Also what is the urdu word for 'prasad'
Jalal says that while giving Jo something at Ajmer 

Also the urdu word for 'cheating' in a playful sort of manner...like while playing.  Dhoka is used in more serious context I believe.

Also in the very early episodes just after tge shart episode when MA confronts Jalal for accepting the conditions he says Hindustan hampar khilli udayedi ki ek adad ladki ki adad maangein hum poora na kar sake. What is adad?

sorry i am budging in..will try to answer some the rest sara can explain better..nuska is tips..milkiyat is personal property..kohram i think is similar to bhookamp(not sure though)..mustakbil is future..urdu word for prasad is tavarukh given at the salim chishti dargah...
Edited by mandyg - 9 years ago
Originally posted by mandyg

sorry i am budging in..will try to answer some the rest sara can explain better..nuska is tips..milkiyat is personal property..kohram i think is similar to bhookamp(not sure though)..mustakbil is future..urdu word for prasad is tavarukh given at the salim chishti dargah...
Dear sandhaya... Thanks reopen this long lost thread ... 
And Mandy thanks lot to reply first to Ela now sandy ... I m not coming on forum very frequently ...l from couple of days started myn FF so coming often
Nuskha is written prescription, tip, formula , 
Normally used as medical prescription... My grand father and father in law still use nuskha for prescription

Milkiyat... Ownership of any thing.. Property, slave, thing , 
Kohram.. Loud noice, hangama, ... By the way where it was. used in show?
Mustakbil is future ...

Parsad is tabaruk ...but actually tabarukm is not part of any type of worship ...actually tabaruk is derived from Mubarak ... Blessed divine thing... For eg in Hinduism it's Ganga jal ...we have aab e zam zam ... So we can say...yah makka shareef ka tabaruk  hae ... Aab e zam zam, or madna ki khajoor, or for eg a thing belong to saint ... Like if Akbar had any thing belong to kHUaJA mohiy u din chisti or salim u din chisti ...like Kurta or pagri he could say I have tabbrak of sheikh chisti...  

Cheating in play full manner...we can say  Bemaani...  It's is from bay Imani ...dhoka is bigger than beimaani... 

Adad mean ...count .digit, or number ...l in tht scene adad was used as haisiyat / value... 1 adad ...means Jis koi ginti hi nhi hae...who has no value 

I hope I was able to help...

Btw start reading my FF .😳..Mughal side dialogues are pure urdu ... I also add meaning right  with sentences..

Edited by smile.sara - 9 years ago
Thanks Sara. 
Actually there are so many words in Mughal-e-Azam that just baffle me. You won't believe me but I learnt the sript from books to look up to the meanings in the dictionary. (As there was no one else in my circle of friends/family who knew the language).  I didn't succeed with many words though, as the writing is quite complicated with each letter taking different forms in the start middle and end. I still fumble and get stuck up while reading.πŸ˜•

I think I can rewatch it and take the liberty of troubling you. πŸ˜ƒ

Btw kohram was used by cheapu at Amer during Ratanpur Qila affair. 

As for the FF I haven't started reading yet. Lashy's FF also stays stopped with chapter 6. But I will complete hers and read  yours too. Pakka.😊
Originally posted by Aradhana87

what is shareek e hayaat?

Hi dear😊

shareek e  hayaat

Means 

Wife, ardhagni, better half

Sahreek means partner 
 Hayat mean zindagi, life

Shareek e hayat means life partner

Some examples of shareek n hayat

Shareek e kaar...  Work partner ...kaar meaan kaam, some project , work

Hayat

Shaeed ki jau maut hae
 woh qaum ki hayat hae 

Hope it helps

Thanks for asking

Sara

Originally posted by amina1

Thank you saraπŸ€—

Thanks for liking amina my dearπŸ€—

Now this show has no class , culture and proper language ...no mughal no akbar ...nothing left 

No urdu neither any one care

Phir bhi if u want to know any word urdu even persian ask me through this thread or pm or on FB as u like...i will love to helpπŸ˜ƒ

Sara
Sara Dids πŸ€— How're you πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜†?
I just want to know what means UMRAO in Urdu coz UMRAO JAAN is a very lovely name and I just know that this name belonged to a ravishing Courtesan of Lucknow and her real name was Ameeran through the movie that's all ! Jaan is life but don't know what's for UMRAO :D ?Edited by sweetystubborn - 9 years ago