Manasi Parekh turns a Producer! [tellybuzz]

Geeshu thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Telly town actress Manasi Parekh joins the bandwagon of actor-turning-producers, as she produces her first Ad Film for a jewellery brand...

Indian Television industry has now arrived at a juncture where every actor either owns his own business venture or is rather associated with one. The latest Telly celeb to join the bandwagon is the beautiful actress Manasi Parekh, who was last seen in Sony TV's popular daily Kuch Toh Log Kahenge, yet is well remembered for her show India-Calling on Star One.

What attracted Manasi to step into the production world? She says, "Being an actress first, I always wanted to get into the production world."

Manasi has floated her production company and it is called 'Soul Sutra'. Talking about her very first project as a Producer, Manasi shares with us, "As a Producer, I'm producing my first Ad film for a Feiji based jewellery brand called Y and H jewellery. Actually they have been following my work as an actor and they wanted me to be a part of their ad film. But at the same time, they were also looking out for a production house to generate the entire Ad. Therefore, we pitched them our concept and they really liked it, so the project fell in our favor."

She also went on to say that "Manjari Fadnis is the main model and since the advertisement is about jewellery, the entire concept is very emotionally woven."

When asked about her experience behind the camera, the actor-turned-producer says, "It was a beautiful experience working behind the lens. In fact I feel its tougher being behind the camera, whereby you have to pay attention to every minute aspect and detailing. However, the first thing I wanted to make sure as a Producer was the food was really good while shooting. Because many-a-times I have been on the sets and the food has been atrocious."

Based on her own experience Manasi further more added,"I think an actor's life is so easy, they are the luckiest people as they have to work for a dedicated time period only, whereas as a Producer, I had to be the first and the last person on the sets."

Being a producer knowing film making is not enough, one also needs to possess certain skills. The actress says "In order to be a producer, you need to be street smart, you should be able to work with a team of people, be organized and make sure every aspect you are working is well thought of and planned properly."

When raised a question whether or not Manasi admires any Producer, she says, "Off course I do admire a lot many producers. In India, it would be Ekta Kapoor and in abroad it would Tina Fey and Oprah Winfrey."

https://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/wassup/16279-manasi-parekh-turns-a-producer.htm

Edited by Geeshu - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Transference thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Thanks for sharing Geeshu ..I hope she can produce a TV show too..I am damn sure her concept would be just plain AWESOME!!
EXOL thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail + 7
thanks geesha..

am shocked that they still mention her by india calling and dint even mention Gulaal

anyways great to know that she is doing gr8 ..

manjari is her best friend actually

Swetha-Sai thumbnail
^ Thanks for sharing, Geeshu! ðŸ¤—
Hope, she comes back with a new show... which she not only... produces and also acts! 
Bioinfo_Chaitu thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
thanks geeshy for sharing and congrats manasi..
LoLali thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Best of luck Manasi :)
LadyMacbeth thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
She is my fav actress , still n always will be .