Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rani321 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Originally posted by: BharathiK

The luxury flat which Sonia won in Idea Singer worth 1crore (worth nearly 3crores now if she want to sell).

In wildcard Sonia didn't get votes genuinely. Blue fishing housing and Thirumanai chemicals spent lakhs on votes. These 2 well known richest companies had full page advertisements in all leading news papers in Tamil nadu and Kerala seeking votes for Sonia (2nd page advertisements that too full page!). For advertisements alone roughly 25lakhs was spent.

Blue Fish is owned by Thirumalai chemicals, Thirumalai Badri and his son Anand. They have been watching SS4 and whole family became Sonia fans. Thirumalai Chemicals shares are doing great. Spending 20 to 25 lakhs to their favorite is nothing for them and this family now wants Sonia to get title without any returns from her. Simple gesture from the richest fan family. For Sonia this is pleasant surprise.

She is also a deserving finalist but choosing this route to get votes is very unfair considering other contestants who had also put same effort in singing. Power of money can do wonders. If these companies didn't show up Sai or Aravind might became 5th finalist.

I agree that it is very unfair. If a major company can give away lakhs to support her singing career, why does she even need to be on Super Singer?? There are so many other young and talented singers out there, and here she is taking away their chances and trying to get our sympathy with advertisements. Is this really necessary?
Smiles-20 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Happy to see Makapa back.

Ooo...politics everywhere for these reality shows!
Smiles-20 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Agree how winning the title doesn't really matter anymore, since the other contestants can also became very famous singers for example Hariharasudhan never made it to Top 10 if I remember correctly but his song Ooda Color is a big hit.  Pooja has sung lots of songs also.  Pragathi who never won her season is quite famous worldwide now, as she is singing not only in Indian movies but along with local artists from different countries.  Super Singer is a great platform but let's see few months from now how the contestants do. 

All the best to the 5 finalists. 
migan thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Smiles-20

Agree how winning the title doesn't really matter anymore, since the other contestants can also became very famous singers for example Hariharasudhan never made it to Top 10 if I remember correctly but his song Ooda Color is a big hit.  Pooja has sung lots of songs also.  Pragathi who never won her season is quite famous worldwide now, as she is singing not only in Indian movies but along with local artists from different countries.  Super Singer is a great platform but let's see few months from now how the contestants do. 

All the best to the 5 finalists. 

Totally agreed. I am sure Sonia has a good voice and she will become a Play back singer soon and parvathy too. Not sure how guys will fair.

Yeah MAKAPA backkk 👏
Edited by migan - 10 years ago
.LovelyDreamer. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Tonite and the coming days will be the 5 finalist journey in Super Singer.. 

Tonite it was Parvathy  and Syed ( i missed him during , this WC round ...hehe..  )

swash2 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
money is not everything...for anyone, the fame and the name and the innate satisfaction that she made it matters more!
Sue101 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
omg syed journey was sooo good..i am so waiting for star vijay to upload the video and i want to download it...as I loved Ajeeth in Juniors now I love Syed, I so wish for him to win this season of Seniors.. such a truthful guy ...God and people around will bless him for his victory 😊
autumnsconcerto thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
All the contestants have a chance at winning this year, and they are all so, soo good. Watched Parvathy and Syed intro today. Poor Syed. People are criticizing him for not knowing carnatic music? Why should that even matter? 
ShanC thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Sarath have all the potential to win in the finals.. Very very talented singer and his voice also very nice to hear all type of songs...

Syed need to work hard but he also has the chance to win because he is getting involved in the song and very pleasant to hear and watch his performace...

Parvathi can win only if sings melodies...

Sonia can win if her voice helps and selects correct songs...

Diwahar have all the chance to win the finals if result is only based on the voting...becoz already he got sympathy by showing so many things in the show...  Singingwise he is far behind all the other four...

I wish Sarath or Syed should win the first place and second place...
Avada_Kedavra thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Syed wil rock for sure..
Best of luck for others too