Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

swash2 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
thanks Krithika. dont know how i missed it.
hopper_ocean thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
i enjoyed yesterday episode a lot. Especially the song kasu pannum duttu .. cant remember the singer's name.. and arya and gang was funny and nice to have them around. Looks like all the singers will be taken for free to watch Raja Rani 
ZEESXY thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
The singers name Gana Bala.
hopper_ocean thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: ZEESXY

The singers name Gana Bala.

thankss 😃
migan thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
As predicted this week Rizwan was eliminated.

Syed, Ganesh and Rizwan in danger zone with life line performances. Rizwan was eliminated among them.
ShriramSMurthy thumbnail
Hi Friends,
I have been posting my detailed daily reviews along with numerous others on Vijay TV Airtel Super 4 Season, along with ratings using honest, fair and unbiased assessment.  Also there are numerous humorous threads for discussion and informative musically rich discussions as well. 
Welcome you to the Facebook page to stay up to date:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vijay-TV-Airtel-Super-Singer-4/156259331210780?hc_location=stream&filter=2

Facebook Page name is Vijay TV - Airtel Super Singer 4

Trust you'll enjoy.  Scroll through the FB Forum page for older discussions and reviews on every contestants' performances. :-)

Here is the latest standings based on my cumulative scores of all the contestants over the weeks since the start of Top 33 in the set.

Week of 9-30  Cum Scores Standing
1 Arvind Srinivas
2 Parvathi
3 Madhumitha
4 Sai Vignesh
5 Sonia
6 Krishnan
7 Ganesh
8 Niranjana
9 Syed Subahan
10 Diwakar
11 Sharath Santhosh
12 Deepthi
13 Narayanan

What are your thoughts/comments?

Look forward to your discussions and joining the FB Forum.

Thanks,
Shriram S Murthy
Smiles-20 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

Promo for this week :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GCpNHPD2tU

Edited by Smiles-20 - 10 years ago
ShriramSMurthy thumbnail
"For my friends who like detailed reviews on the day's show, here it is - as published in Vijay TV - Airtel Super Singer 4 FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vijay-TV-Airtel-Super-Singer-4/156259331210780?hc_location=stream&filter=2

My reviews for Melody Solos round - day 1 (10/7):

I intend to step up criticality in my reviews starting today to enhance the aspects that contestants need to work on to take them far into the top stages. My only intention is to offer pointers that could help them focus on what could be improved to progress further.

Ganesh: Ninaithu ninaithu paarthEn
(A-)
+ "Excellent song choice! Appreciate going out of his comfort zone. Bold attempt on start humming modification. From charaNam, the feel was very nice and he was into groove. He got into the song and performed beautifully rather than shouting... perfect and porvided required dynamics in charaNam.
Excellent comeback from last week."
- "Pallavi: varuvEn... sangathis - could have been clearer. Unnil indRu ennai paarkkiREn.. Finish portions feeble and dynamics could be better.

Thiruttu pOna thadayam paarthEn.. Perfect singing - but mic should be pulled away for this section to provide the yEkkam feel. Last line aesthetics could have been better.
Last pallavi.. o..o..o.. portion improvizations didnt click as he wanted. Bold attempt though. I'd say for numerous weeks to come DO NOT ADD YOUR CREATIVITY OR IMPROVS. You have done that so much, that there is a doubt in the minds of viewers and judges whether you can reproduce the song accurately. Focus & reproduce like original sangathis for the upcoming weeks.

Excellent orchestration throughout the day. This song, Pradeep's Mandolin esp. was amazing."

Deepthi: EvanO oruvan
Super Singer Deepthi Suresh
(A-)
+ Good start and got into the feel of the song. Why same song repeat in two weeks. Good feel and involvement. uLLe uRangum yEkkathilE - improv and some improvs in last pallavi were sweet. Mic balance was fantastic. Much better performance in recent past and one of her top scoring one too.
- adhai "thavaNai" muRaiyil nEsikkiREn.. Not "thavaLai". vaasikkirAAn... last phrase clarity of notes were lacking. Avoid taking breath into mic and plan your breaths. Should not break between evanO and oruvan... for eg. Avoid doing overstretching of phrases which spoils the authenticity of mood... kuzhaleee... for eg. Last pallavi - yOsikkiREn.. improv. could have been better. Last phrasing high portions oodhum ragasiyam... strained and didnt reach the exact note with smoothness.

Madhumitha: maalai nEram
(A+)
+ Excellent song choice. Amazing feel with appropriate Vibratos and dynamics. Smart improvs. Like "vaarthaai sonnAl yenna" in charaNam. What a throw and punch in the last line transition from charaNam - simply superb with awesome breath control. pOrvaaikkuLLE... kEtkiRadhE... thEdum bOthE tholaindhadhE... improvs. in last pallavi were superb. What a tender feeling in the bhavam... superb rendition! But for lower registers audibility, this would be another Statement performance.
- """jannal"", ""sendrAl"" - watch diction. It is very critical to work on correcting the l,L and n, N portions. Much improved but still needs work.
For these kind of songs, the Lower portions volume audibility should be increased and should come out more strongly. Ask for more mic output for these kind of songs in contrast with karuppu pErazhagaa or kotta paakkum where throw is more... you cannot keep the same volume output for different throw songs. Watch out!!! Echo Sujatha's statement on her versatility."

Narayanan: poovE semboovE
(C)
+ "One of my all-time favorites and an evergreen song. It is in most people's fresh memory - appreciate the song selection. But also puts you at risk when you deviate from original from this classic.
Honest effort."
- "neethan oru pooovin madal - portion and sempooove... creativity - sorry was not adding value to the song.. In fact brought down the natural beauty.
CharaNam - feel changed to complete sadness... Original does not have that feel - itself
naan vaazhum vaazhvE.. notes changed the shruti till ennALum ...
pullAnguzhal , vaasam, sempooovE...- stretch sorry didnt click. Truly you are putting an effort to bring in creativity - but instead of complimenting it is counteracting. Watch out.. these are dangerous treads.
Voice adaptation for this song should be such that the voice should come more lung power with slightly closed mouth singing and not such open throated singing. The feel itself changes.
Definite DZ performance!
I sympathize with him - that it looks like he is lacking proper guidance. Very glad that judges' comments were bang on with what I captured pausing right after his singing."

Krishnan: thoda thoda malarndha dhenna
(A)
+ "Amazing song... again a repeat selection. spariisangaL pudhithaa - sangathis improv was sweet. High portions sounded very good and was devoid of huskiness.
Yaar azhithaaar... improv. Was WOW!!! Feel was very nice and tried to his level... I still would say that Ramesh had nailed the feel factor in his rendition this season.
Excellent orchestration - amazing bass runs..."
- "First phrases of pallavi - thoda thoda - notes sounded different.
CharaNam... mudhar poovaai yaar paRithAr - did not complete the finish properly... Kaadhalan.. theendAtha ... Last two lines - not satisfied with clarity of sangathis and details. Vocal dynamics and expressions have to improve a lot. Pronunciation - watch out to avoid accent."

Thanks
Shriram S Murthy
jaysvimal thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Thanks and welcome Shriram. I have followed yours posts on FB and have shared a few earlier in this forum too. Glad to see you here.
migan thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Thanks.

It was too funny yesterday when they were questioning Krishnan and about his love interest.

Girl in India or ouside and Sujatha couls not hold up asking Kerala va Tamil nada.. Lols. Pavam Krishnan Lols.