Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Supari_khala thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 10 years ago
Congratulations Mona! πŸ₯³I am loving all your answers so far, they all feel so genuine and true to yourself! And I don't even know you nor you me. So it's a neutral spectator opinion.πŸ˜ƒ
Originally posted by: McNinja

@bold Can't agree more with you on that. What these people don't realize is that their judgments are against any teaching of any religion...who is anyone to judge anyone. Is the book you're talking about by Qasim Rashid? I've heard good things about it from a friend and need to pick up a copy. 
Yes it's the same book. I need to find a copy too.

Hahah okay, now my next question is who was that hottie of a guy that turned you into a fangirl? His name is Misha Collins and he plays Castiel on the show Supernatural. I swear he has ruined my life! πŸ˜† If it wasn't for him I would still be the same old me who had no idea about fangirling. It wasn't only his blue eyes and pretty face that swept me away it was his personality and that he is absolutely bonkers. He once said "...if u guys voted for my friend & she won that art contest that i'd post a photo of myself naked on a horse." And you know what? HE DID!!! 🀣 But he had taken the picture in his own twisted way. I died laughing seeing the picture on Twitter. He's just crazy!!! Before becoming an actor was an intern in the White House for 6 months during Bill Clinton time (it was before Monica Lewinsky "thing" happened ). Misha currently holds Guiness World Record book in creating the world largest scavanger hunt. Add that he does lots of charities, builds his own furnitures and many other things. Good looking, intelligent, funny, crazy, kind, fantastic human being and a great actor (yes he's married and has two kids but who caresπŸ˜†) how could I not fangirl over him?

And seriously, nothing wrong with being warm-blooded woman who can appreciate the finer things in life πŸ˜† Yup agree!

Originally posted by: charminggenie

Hey Mona,

Take a massive hug from meπŸ€—, you are being absolutely fabulous.
Now time for you to wear that thinking cap again!

Read that answer of yours " a girl becomes a woman , when she stops believing in fairy-tales", so what exactly is wrong with these fairy-tales and do you think a woman can ever stops believing in it?
In fairy-tales women are generally portrayed as weak who can't seem to do anything without the help of a man. Her main goal is to find her true love and never about her self improvement. She is the forever sacrificing type. In fairy-tales everything is black and white when in reality everything is more grey shaded. There's no connection to real world in the stories. You can not gain any knowledge of handling serious matters in life when everything is so perfect and beautiful.

I don't think some women can ever stop believing in fairy-tales. Maybe it gives them hope even if it's a false one.

What inspires you every day?
My daughter who is a bundle of joy (and a pain in the rear end at timesπŸ˜†) and my co-workers who work with special needs children. Their non-stop dedication for these children is amazing. So many of them put their heart and soul into their work not only to get paid but actually doing something meaningsful.

Do you think silence is really powerful?
Silence is indeed very powerful. We talking and hearing humans relies on communication and verbal exchange. We want to be heard and get reaction on what we say. Being met with complet silence put us in a whole new situation.

Sometimes a very aggrivated situation can be solved by silence. Then it becomes the most powerful weapon in the world.

Some say a mother's love is self-less, you agree?
Yes I agree because she puts everything before her needs not because she's forced to but because her love for her child makes her do it. The minute a woman becomes a mother her focus changes completely.

What's you fav book and why?
Although I read a lot of books but I honestly don't have any favourite. Except there's a comic strip I like very much which was turned into a book. My sister gave me it to me. The character is named Nemi and is written by the Norwegian cartoonist Lise Myhre. From time to time I take out the book to get a good laugh.

Superman/Batman
Batman!!! (Na na na na na! If you've seen the 1960's version of Batman then you will know what "na na na" stands for)

Give three solid facts a female should always remember?
Gender equality doesn't mean women should start behaving like men. Gender equality means to be a women yet get equal rights.

Respect other women. Don't call them s**t or bit**. By pulling down other women you are pulling down your own gender.

Love yourself for who you are and don't strive for perfection.

Love/trust/loyalty/respect- rate them for their importance in a relationship?
Trust is foundation for any relationship. If you don't have trust then you have nothing.
Respect not only for your partner but also for yourself. Mutual respect gives balance in relationship.
Love is cherry on top which gives meaning to a relationship.
Loyalty means you are comitted to the person you're involved for a long time.

Why do you think religion is so powerful in this world?
Religion has become powerful in the wrong way. Instead of giving peace, strength and support to each and every individual it has become a dangerous political weapon which harms everything in it's way.

What do you aspire as a woman ?
I aspire to inspire. I want to use my bad experience, turn it into something positive and help others.

Name a talent that you would love to acquire?
Skating. I tried a few times in my childhood but never got hang of it.

Fav mid-night snack?
Ice-cream preferably chocolate.

5 things you want to do with your daughter?
Watch live footboll (soccer) match in a stadium.
Travel abroad.
Watch an amazing Broadway show.
Do volunteering for some charity.
Go to an amusement park and sit on every ride and scream our heads off.

How do you handle emotions of anger or hate?
I don't handle them very well honestly speaking. I tend to lash out my anger quite vocally and then lock myself up in a room. I need solitude for calming myself down or there's a risk for me becoming violent.

Hate is so much harder to handle as it runs deeper and is not a passing emotion like anger.

Now since I am a Genie, you get to ask three wishes, take your chanceπŸ˜‰ , lovely!
I wish for happiness
I wish for endless amount of money
I wish for a great life for my daughter

Kash/Kajen/Kasu πŸ˜† (had to ask that DMG bug brought me here as well)
KaJen!!!

Now do this genie a favour , put a smile on your beautiful face and dream away, as I promise to return with more loving!😳 

Edited by rahmona_pakswe - 10 years ago
Originally posted by: rahmona_pakswe

I'm a person who thinks and reflects over different aspects of life so generally my signatures are a result of my own thoughts and feelings. Every now and then I come across a great qoute and will put them in my sig box. Currently my signature, "Wrong Kind of Muslim", is a book title. I haven't read the book but planning to. In Pakistan and many other Muslim countries governments and people decides who is the right type or wrong type of Muslim. In my opinion that is absolutely wrong! We humans shouldn't decide in this matter. Let everyone believe what they want to believe in, and live in peace.

Talking about signatures there was one time when I had this picture on incredibly good looking guy with a very fangirly comment on the side. People began to question my sanity. πŸ˜† But in my defence I can't be sensible all the time. I'm still human and a woman with very active hormones. Occasionally appreciating male species in the utmost shallow way won't hurt anyone.

You may say you are the wrong kind of Muslim, but for me you are my kinda Muslim πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Awesome work Rahmona. We don't know each other much, forget much, don't know each other at all πŸ˜† But I had read how you were getting conscious of MOTW. And to tell you the truth the past MOTW can make anyone run in the opposite direction considering how immensely witty and intelligent people are on this forum. But please dudette, you are no less man. You are making me conscious now with your answers.

Well, keep rocking and answering. I have enjoyed all your answers so far. I shall come back later to add some more spice here πŸ˜‰

OK here are the questions from my end ;)

- First thing first, I heard you are from UK, from London or elsewhere ? Currently I am in London. I have seen near by countries but not UK per se πŸ˜† So let me know what are the places you recommend that are worth exploring in UK and why ?

- Who do you enjoy reading on DM and why ?

- Which topics do you enjoy on the forum ?

- Which Fangroup do you find most annoying ? Details please.

- Which person on DM really gets on your nerve πŸ˜‰

- Have you ever felt attracted to an IF ID because of his or her writing ? If yes, again details, details πŸ˜†

- Why are humans such shallow species ?

- What is religion for you ?

- Do you believe in Evolution ? Why or Why not ?

- What kinda guy would you choose out of the below categories. Why and how would you tame him down 😎
           - Emotional Wreck but Highly educated
           - Immature but caring
           - Sophisticated but momma's boy
           - Drool worthy  but shallow
           - Geek but no time for his lady (<-- Pick this, pick this, Geeks are GreekGod πŸ˜†)

- If you were to go an on Adventure where you are taken blind folded and dropped at some corner of the world, which country would you like it to be ?

- Were you a tomboy or girly girl or in between while growing up ?

- Your first crush, how, where, when and everything πŸ˜‰ (Talking about real life boy, not some TV, Bolly or Holly actor 🀒)

- Kids and their upbringing scare me at times. The reason why I feel I am not a parent material. How hard is parenting ? And convince me that having kids is a bliss.

- Would you get re-married ? And what is your take on re-marriage when it comes to our desi culture especially after having a kid of your own. (You can skip it if you think it's personal)

Alrightie, that's it for now. Will hit ya up later once you are done with this set of questions. Congrats for getting grilled nicely

In fairy-tales women are generally portrayed as weak who can't seem to do anything without the help of a man. Her main goal is to find her true love and never about her self improvement. She is the forever sacrificing type. In fairy-tales everything is black and white when in reality everything is more grey shaded. There's no connection to real world in the stories. You can not gain any knowledge of handling serious matters in life when everything is so perfect and beautiful.

I don't think some women can ever stop believing in fairy-tales. Maybe it gives them hope even if it's a false one.

Note: I am assuming with regards to fairy tales, you mean the Disney princesses kinda tales.

I had to add one more question/comment for you after reading this. Yes in general, fairy tales might not reflect the harsh reality. But I am sure there can be loads to learn from these tales for young blossoming minds.

Mulan is one of my favorites movies and I am sure it goes against everything you just mentioned. If I ever have a daughter, I am sure more than her, I'll be watching this movie πŸ˜†πŸ˜† So tell me, do you still have the same concrete take on fairy-tales ?
Edited by CestMoi - 10 years ago
-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Thank you for the wonderful replies...I loved it!!. πŸ˜ƒπŸ‘πŸΌ
-Aarya- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Congrats Mona :)

What do the below verse mean to you?

I worship not what you worship,
Nor do you worship Whom I worship,
Neither shall I worship what you worship,
Nor will you worship Whom I worship,
To you be your religion, and to me my religion.
nishu786 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I am back with my second set of questions...well you are giving such amazing answers,i have to ask few more.

1) One guilty pleasure that you never wanna give up - 

2) Describe friendship in your way - 

3) Best compliment you ever got -

4) What you prefer? Lot of acquaintances or couple of close friends? Give reason -

5) What you prefer? Friends who say what's in their heart or friends who temper their words? - 

6) One place you wanna visit with your daughter - 

7) Two qualities that draw you to someone new - 

8) One weakness you wanna eliminate from your life - 

9) Suppose if you could restore one broken relationship,which would it be? -

10) Suppose you are not in talking terms with one of your close friend. You think he/she made some mistake,&your friend think you made some mistake. How difficult is it for you to forgive them who refuses to apologize or accept their mistake? - 

Edit - typo 
Edited by nishu786 - 10 years ago

Originally posted by: OnepoundChic

Salam mona ! you probably(ermm must) have not seen me here ..  Loving your MOTW ,simple nd crystal clear answers, a much needed break from the sarcastic stuff for a 'not really able to read between the lines person' like me πŸ˜† . Same here! I can't either read between the lines. I'm a hopeless case! πŸ˜†

ok 1st nd most important question(for me) 1st,

*You are a mother can you tell me why mothers are so affectionate, selfless ,meek ,merciful,amusing,considerate ,generous ,gorgeous,candilicious, sweet nd soft heated?,even to her rude nd disobeying child .. i asked my mother about it nd in return she only patted me with extreme warmth ,didn't say anything!
LOVE! The immens love for our child is what makes us mothers the way we are.

*IF u had the opportunity to get across a message to a large group of people what would  your message be?
There are no aliens living on this planet, we all are human beings so remember to respect each other and be kind.

*What would you do differently ,if you knew nobody will judge you?
Saying my hearts content. There are few relatives of mine that need a piece of my mind but I'm holding back for the sake of my mother.

One other thing I would do is openly listen to the type of music I like in front of my parents and relatives. It's not everyday you have someone like me who sometimes loves listenting to Industrial and Symphonic Metal. Can you imagine my super religious relatives reaction? My next stop would be mental asylum.🀣 I once told an elderly relative that I like watching movies with lots of physical fights and general nastiness and she was ready to pass out. 🀣

*Do you celebrate the things you have?
Rather than celebrating I prefer to be thankful and grateful. Celebrating feels like I'm rubbing it in on people who are less fortunate so I rather appreciate.

*You said you are not a romantic person ,considering it,still whats the most embarrassing thing you've done to get a guy?(spice it up plz πŸ˜†)
I am very boring and religious person so I never approached guys. Never had boyfriends or anything. However there was one little thing I did as a 16 year old (which was when dinosaures ruled the worldπŸ˜†). I had a crush on a guy from the same school year through out high school but being a good girl I never uttered one thing. After the graduation and summer holidays I went to Gymnasiet (Upper Secondary School) where I later found out that this guys older brother was also going there. Now he worked temporary at a local newspaper and one fine day the older brother wrote a small column about how girls only watch football (soccer) for the cute boys. Of course I blasted off because that was so wrong, at least in my case. So I wrote a long rant about his narrow mindedness, sent it in and forgot about it. Sometime later my angry letter was published and I got so embarrassed. But in a weird twisted teenage mind I hoped that he had shown my published letter to his younger brother. πŸ˜†

Sorry this is spicy as it gets.

*Which one song or movie that you're embarrassed to like? 
Song: "It Only Takes A Minute" with Take That.
Movie: Titanic 

And now I will go and die of shame. πŸ˜†

*What would you regret not fully doing,being,or having in your life? skip the beauty part plz,you're beautiful when you write. 
Not using and showing my full potential. Like I can speak many languages but I might never get to do something useful with it. I would also very much regret if I never get to publish a novel knowing full well i can write and express myself..

*Coming between you nd your success ,what is the bullshit story you keep telling your self that why you are not able to achieve something particular or why are you not successful regarding some thing?  
(hope this question is clear enough ,turned a quote into question πŸ˜†)
"I'm not good enough!!!"
Sadly the mantra of my life. The bottom line is that I don't believe in myself due to low self esteem. There are is also they whole thing about me being undeserving of success and won't pursue because I'm a bad person. In a way I'm punishing myself. Yup, I'm all screwed up!

*what is the difference b/w living nd existing?
In my opinion living is when you live your life to it's true potential. You enjoy every moment, fulfill dreams, have a positive approach to everything.

Existing is when you walk through the days aimlessly like a zombie. You are alive yet dead. Nothing is being accomplishe and the sense of loss is always around.

*IF no one has right to judge other person/behavior/religion then why whole world is judging Muslims on the basis of whats going on than what they actually are/or what may they actually be ?(simply give your take on it)
Partially we can blame the media for always focusing on negativity but the main blame can be layed on us Muslims. Which type of Muslims are seen and heard the most? The ones who spread hate, violence, and bombs and kills innocent people. When that type of Muslims are seen over and over again of course other people will start assuming a few things. We could work harder and show another side of Islam but that will take time. Negativity spreads much faster than positivity.

Well on the other hand the world always needs a bad boy to lay the blame on. Before it used to be black people, Jews or Russians. Now it's the Muslims.

*And can you judge or you can say guess a person ,the way he writes or what he writes or how/what he sounds?, ..if yes what do you think of me or what do you think i am like? 
(m looking for an answer for quite some time πŸ˜†)
You can get an idea of how someone is by that person's writing but not get the full picture. And for you...(I might be completely wrong here)...but you seem to be the curious type who ponders on a lot of things.
p.s! Thank you already! πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜›

Edited by rahmona_pakswe - 10 years ago