Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sashashyam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago
Sweetheart, you have nailed it in one! And have also saved me a good  bit of typing!

You are absolutely correct re:@ blue. This is one of the main problems with our audiences: they  do not/cannot distinguish between the character and the actor, or between the actor and the performance. Paridhi is beautiful  now that she is richly dressed, earlier she looked at times like one of her better looking maids. She is  competent as an actress, and it is not  difficult given her blindingly positive role.

Rajat -  I  am 60 plus and thus not the kind to  drool over a handsome young man, and I had never seen him before this show, so I had a completely open mind about  him -  is a casting coup as Jalal The boy is breathtaking and an absolute natural. The role is a godsend for him too, for I cannot see him playing one of the wimpish male characters in one of Ekta's regular soaps.

Shyamala B.Cowsik

Originally posted by: Star_girl

Haha, what? While Paridhi is a good actress, she cannot and does not outshine Rajat. The thing is that her character is likable, and that is why people will be more inclined to like her. Jalal, on the other hand, is a very unpredictable, complicated character, not likable at all, and a character that takes a lot of talent to portray. Playing a likable, nice, poised character takes the barest minimum effort, this is what every actress plays in television. Playing a complex, wild and arrogant person is something not everyone can pull off. This is why Ekta chose Rajat. Because he has the talent to pull off a character like that. The thing is, we tend to confuse the likability of a character with the acting of the actor. And for us, the flawless protagonist is always the better actor. But actually, it takes a lot more effort and talent to pull off a negative or a grey-shaded character. 

.MissTaken. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Guys we need to first keep our personal biasness aside. I just mentioned my feelings but never expected i'll be bad mouthed like this. I thought there might be people who think like me so i came here. Elegance, maturity, calmness, perfect acting.. I can't see all these in anyone else.. Paridhi is d only one who does it. Sry if anyone is hurt i never wanted to hurt you, but just for once try to see them keeping ur love for PRC aside
LitleMissMuffet thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Yeah...paridhi's acting is more good than akbar
But they both are good
As rajat is younger than paridhi so her experience/maturity is more than him
😊
.MissTaken. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Thanku little miss muffet atleast you agreed. It was really bad experience that my first topic was remarked as faltu etc. And for all: its easy to even hate likeable character too, but paridhi is doing it so beautifully, we can feel her pain... Her rani attitude are beautifully carried too ❤️
.FemmeFatale. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
I cant believe such a topic has actually been opened 🤣

Look,you like paridhi,fine.But why bring in Rajat here?

Jodha's character screams positivity,she is the ideal princess.So whats not to like?Obviously,people will love Paridhi as Jodha.As annie and shyamala aunty,pointed it out,people confuse the character with the acting skills of the actor.Which is totally wrong.

The talent of an actor is commendable,not when he plays a likeable character(thats easy),but when he plays a not-so-likeable character and the audience still loves him.Now THAT is a true star.

And honestly,dont bring in PRC here.Coz i can make my point even stronger with that show.

And a star you say?Well,a star is that kid who won the ITA for best actor when he was mere 14,defeating all the mighty television kings in 2007.google up the other nominees in the character and get a shock of ur life.

Rajat had already outshined EVERYONE way back in 2006,mate.

But,still,im gonna make my point with JA.In all honesty,the character of AKbar the cvs created has a million shades,risky ones to display onscreen may i mention.Ekta chose Rajat and you know why?Because he is by far the only actor who can actually act and win the hearts of the audience even with a character like JA's Akbar.

Paridhi is good,but since u brought it up,i would say the character Jodha has less range in terms of versatility,in comparison to the mighty Akbar,whose thoughts can NOT be predicted by anyone.

Even to agree to play such a role,takes courage.To actually play the character which that SO much ease,it looks real.

Rajat has outshined himself,now THAT is sheer talent.

Nobody else could have done what he has done with this character.Its pure magic.

Honestly,Rajat does not need to prove anything,the audience loves him as Akbar and so do the critics.

@TM : we appreciate ur liking towards PS,we like her too.but that does not mean we will agree to what u said about Rajat. i completely disagree.As much as it annoys me to actually compare the two,i will not hesitate,since u dint.Rajat is better than Paridhi as per as acting skills go.

He is the expression king as everyone calls him.The youngest superstar of tellywood.

God,i seriously cant believe the leads are being compared,the hero and the heroine for gods sake!Its one thing to compare two actrresses on a show,but this? :s

they are our PariJat! 

Edited by disha15 - 10 years ago
.FemmeFatale. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
fyi-Rajat has been in this industry for more than 8 years,so that makes him more experienced.And pls dont say he isnt mature,the boy is way more mature than he should be at his age.

Star_girl thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: MysteryGirl-

Guys we need to first keep our personal biasness aside. I just mentioned my feelings but never expected i'll be bad mouthed like this. I thought there might be people who think like me so i came here. Elegance, maturity, calmness, perfect acting.. I can't see all these in anyone else.. Paridhi is d only one who does it. Sry if anyone is hurt i never wanted to hurt you, but just for once try to see them keeping ur love for PRC aside

You are not bad mouthed or bashed. We appreciate and understand your love for Paridhi. Similarly, some of us also like Rajat better. And let me clarify something, I DID NOT watch PRC. I had no idea who Rajat was before this show. So, no, I have no personal bias here. I have started to like this guy after this show. I am amazed by his sheer versatility. 😊 
chinuchinu thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: disha15

fyi-Rajat has been in this industry for more than 8 years,so that makes him more experienced.And pls dont say he isnt mature,the boy is way more mature than he should be at his age.

agree on all points  👍🏼  rajat is uncomparable in acting skills 😃 😳
munni_rajatfan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
well if u can express ur opinion so can we. we also see perfect acting in rajat. & 2ndly, there r several fans of rajat who havent seen him as PRC but still love him. i am 26yrs old so i am matured enough to judge his performance keeping aside PRC. 2ndly, there is sumone called shyamala aunty who had never seen PRC & much matured enough to judge the right thing.

noone is showing personal biasness here. infact, acc. to the replies here both rajat & paridhi r equal. so thts not biasness. actually the topic is itself a biased topic.

P.S.:- the show is about 20 yrs old akbar. & i think rajat is showing much more maturity than his age.
Edited by munnirony - 10 years ago
chinuchinu thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Star_girl

You are not bad mouthed or bashed. We appreciate and understand your love for Paridhi. Similarly, some of us also like Rajat better. And let me clarify something, I DID NOT watch PRC. I had no idea who Rajat was before this show. So, no, I have no personal bias here. I have started to like this guy after this show. I am amazed by his sheer versatility. 😊 

same here this is the first show of rajat i m following n i fell  in love with his talent n looks also hahaha 😆 😉  😳   so lets us b positive  don't compare leads atleast 😳  ekta has chosen both of them out of 7000 entries for ja so no doubt they r the best at their places ..i can't imagine the show without one of them .