Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

|Persephone| thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 years ago
Originally posted by: -Birdie-

I too was wondering that why her parents wants to give their daughter in such a greedy family where she will never ever be happy & great to see Lajjo stand for herself and walks out of the marriage.

I know! How can she be happy in a place where she knows that they care more about what she brings materialistically than what she is :/ I'm really glad that this marriage is not gonna go through ðŸ˜†
|Persephone| thumbnail
Originally posted by: Parm.

What gall!  Having a check list and going thru it rather than participating in the wedding ceremony.  Who'd want to marry into that family!  I'm so glad Laajo did what she did in the precap!  So looking forward to Monday.😊

I know! The list was mind boggling?! Like who remembers to carry that in the wedding day?! And the way the father of the groom was asking - does the fan work? Etc etc. I was so shocked!
|Persephone| thumbnail
Originally posted by: ALUJNA21

Gunia. In a few words they are begging with authority and with a loud voice. They are giving the name wedding to this type of begging.

I absolutely agree Anju! It essentially feels like they're begging! Like even when the money was given when the groom got off his horse and was gonna enter the house, the father hurriedly kept it in his purse as if it's such a big deal. So disgusting!
AraBearxo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Hi Persephone. Haha, you did mention your name in one of your previous threads - the promo one I think - but I forgot. :3 Anyways, Im Kiara.

I think whatever is shown in this show is true to some extent. While the grooms family believe the have the upperhand in the alliance as the brides family is too preoccupied in arranging means to fulfill their atrocious demands and battle the fear that theyre daughter is gonna face social doom if and if the alliance is broken. They fail to realise that their daughter is better off socially ruined rather than being married into a family of obnoxious wannabes who care about nothing but money and the monetary value of the alliance. It takes two to tango, as you see it isnt just the in laws fault who act so ... grr, but also Lajjos mother who in all her rights fears Lajjos future if the alliance is broken, not caring that shes sacrificing her daughter in the name of society.

Not to boast but I come from a well off family, and in this short life of mine which lasts somewhere around 2 decades I have come across such cases, where they may involve "the help" or the people whose children my parents fund. Somewhere around the age of 18, my group of friends and I along with my boyfriend Nikhil (coincidence, IK :3) started, but they never did want the help.

I remeber sharing with my IF friends last year on of the incidents we dealt with wherein this girl from a not so well off family decided to marry a guy from the "upper classes", yeah the branded cars driving, mansion owning, player kind of a guy where the girls friends and even we tried to tell her that he was fooling around with her. She claimed that we were jealous of her good fortune. And do you know what happened - he marries her and then annuls the marriage stating that she cheated on him. When the truth was that she adored him, literally worshipped the floor he walked on. And she was left pregnant and jilted.

Im sorry if that was out of topic, but such cases do exist. Sorry for the typos, my fones acting like a first class bi*ch.
shivamala thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Thanks, I was disgusted with the groom family counting the presents etc. I felt sorry for Laajo parents. It is very sad they are  still happening in India.
Edited by shivamala - 10 years ago
MagixX thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
It was actually a great dialogue  - the marrying scooter one. I was like, "Yay, you go, girl!" 😆
|Persephone| thumbnail
Originally posted by: AraBearxx

Hi Persephone. Haha, you did mention your name in one of your previous threads - the promo one I think - but I forgot. :3 Anyways, Im Kiara.
Nice to meet ya Kiara, I am Gunia ðŸ˜Š

I think whatever is shown in this show is true to some extent. While the grooms family believe the have the upperhand in the alliance as the brides family is too preoccupied in arranging means to fulfill their atrocious demands and battle the fear that theyre daughter is gonna face social doom if and if the alliance is broken. They fail to realise that their daughter is better off socially ruined rather than being married into a family of obnoxious wannabes who care about nothing but money and the monetary value of the alliance. It takes two to tango, as you see it isnt just the in laws fault who act so ... grr, but also Lajjos mother who in all her rights fears Lajjos future if the alliance is broken, not caring that shes sacrificing her daughter in the name of society.
Very well said! I absolutely agree! It's the fault of both the parties. However, more than that, I feel the fault lies in all of society. Because the reason the girl's parents bow down to such demands is because of the societal shunning the girl will face if they don't. I think the overall mentality is what is wrong 

Not to boast but I come from a well off family, and in this short life of mine which lasts somewhere around 2 decades I have come across such cases, where they may involve "the help" or the people whose children my parents fund. Somewhere around the age of 18, my group of friends and I along with my boyfriend Nikhil (coincidence, IK :3) started, but they never did want the help.

I remeber sharing with my IF friends last year on of the incidents we dealt with wherein this girl from a not so well off family decided to marry a guy from the "upper classes", yeah the branded cars driving, mansion owning, player kind of a guy where the girls friends and even we tried to tell her that he was fooling around with her. She claimed that we were jealous of her good fortune. And do you know what happened - he marries her and then annuls the marriage stating that she cheated on him. When the truth was that she adored him, literally worshipped the floor he walked on. And she was left pregnant and jilted.
Oh gosh! That is just horrible! That is way worse than what the people are doing here. I think I am more disgusted with the guy than with the family in this case! How could he lead her on like that. Oh gosh! I feel so bad for her. And I am sure there would be no hope of paternity testing and such! Sometimes I am really glad that I am in the west, and not in India. Atleast I have basic rights here and be fairly independent! 

Im sorry if that was out of topic, but such cases do exist. Sorry for the typos, my fones acting like a first class bi*ch.

avyarima thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Since the rishta has been fixed, to break it will be bad on the girls image, and she may never be able to marry or if lucky to find someone, they demand for more things because they are marrying a second hand rishta girl.So stupid greedy grooms families always use that in villages to gain material things at the expense of the innocent girls' livies. And the parents can't say anything.
|Persephone| thumbnail
Originally posted by: avyarima

Since the rishta has been fixed, to break it will be bad on the girls image, and she may never be able to marry or if lucky to find someone, they demand for more things because they are marrying a second hand rishta girl.So stupid greedy grooms families always use that in villages to gain material things at the expense of the innocent girls' livies. And the parents can't say anything.

I agree! It is so sad, but that is just how things are. I am a bit ashamed to say that even in the 21st century, we have such barbaric traditions going on and there is really nothing we can do about it. :/