Jodha Akbar

HT-M-Jodha Akbar to be changed-Ekta

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
  • 17 Aug 2013
  • Hindustan Times (Delhi)
  • PTI

TV serial Jodhaa Akbar will be changed: Ekta

After activists of Sri Rajput Karni Sena (SRKS) held protest demonstrations for demanding the withdrawal of the TV serial, Jodhaa Akbar, producer Ekta Kapoor (right) says that the show would be amended by changing its name and character.

Ekta, who recently flew to Jaipur to hold talks with SRKS convener, Lokendra Singh Kalvi, said there: "We are committed to the fact that no caste, community or religions will be shown in bad light by us. We can not stop the serial Jodhaa Akbar as Zee (the channel) is also a party to it, and there are certain contractual obligations among ourselves and third parties. As a producer of the serial, we will consider to change the name of show and character's name. We have discussed the issue with SRKS now, and if their demand is not met... I openly say at a public forum that there would be no involvement of Balaji in the TV show. I will abide my decision in the future too. If I have hurt any religion or community whether Rajput or any other caste... I'm apologising for it."

SRKS had claimed that the period drama had "distorted" the history of the Rajputs. "The character Jodhaa, as depicted in the serial, had never existed in Rajput history of Rajasthan nor with Akbar," Kalvi had said.

The group had even barred the release of Ekta's upcoming film, Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai Dobara, in the state but now they have given a green signal to it.

"After a meeting with the Karni Sena chief Kalvi, it is decided that our new film will be shown in Rajasthan's theatres forthwith," says Ekta.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

blahblahs thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I really hope that Jodha-Akbar is not stopped!
asena thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
hope this now makes those protesters happy🤬
ChupChupKe thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
same to same article ... copy paste... ðŸ¥± tfs Edited by sonilausarun - 10 years ago
ChupChupKe thumbnail
i hope this name change idea will not affect show's trp ðŸ˜’ jodha akbar is a classic name ðŸ˜’
Dae_drmer thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
character ke name jo bhi hoo...
bas i dun want dis story to end ðŸ˜›
tfs gurl😉
ChupChupKe thumbnail
all articles hv same written up... ðŸ˜†