Jodha Akbar

WeekendAnalysisPost 7:When Passion meets Agression

jyoti06 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 10 years ago
Hola all πŸ€—... I m back with my weekend thread as usual πŸ˜³ ... After the dhamakedaar last week Jalal-Jodha marriage , this week started off romantically with some really nice passionate scenes though the last 2 epis were a bit disappointing in terms of content but still a overall grt week in terms of story progress πŸ˜ƒ

For me this week was filled with lots of hits and misses .. will mentions the hits first followed by the misses πŸ˜›

Hits for this week ...

When passion meets agression

Jalal and Jodha both r not in love yet ... Jodha hates Jalal with passion  while Jalal wants to own Jodha with agression 😳... This makes both characters very interesting since both r not ready to give up.. Its the battle of equals in a way πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜³...What both r yet to realise that they both hv left a very deep mark in each other's heart which is impossible for anyone or their own self to wipe off β˜ΊοΈ and this is what will slowly bring them close to each other πŸ˜³

The scene where Jalal in drunk state goes to Jodha's room , pins her against the wall and grabs her hand to leave that mark on her hand was filled with not only passion and agression but there was certain amount of sexual tension too from both sides as they both for the first time could feel each other's breath so closely especially when Jalal comes close to her face and tells her that he married her because he hates her so much ☺️☺️☺️..The way his face came close to her , for a moment I thought he might just end up kissing her πŸ˜›β˜ΊοΈβ˜ΊοΈ

What I feel is Jalal initially had made up his mind not to meet Jodha but that foolish Ruqaiyya seems to b hell bent on playing reverse cupid here by instigating Jalal to go to Jodha ka room and claim his authority on her since he is the king and he cant b humiliated by a random queen who says she is not interested in him .. at times I feel what a fool this Ruqaiyya is where she is sending her own husband to her new sautan so that Shehenshah can prove he is the man in this relationship πŸ˜†

For Jalal right now I feel more than love , its his ego which is hurt .. He expects Jodha to wait for him to come to her room but she is rather happy if he does not come to her room and that drives him mad the first night reason why he goes to her room to make her forcibly believe that how he married her to humiliate her since he hates her so much which is obviously not the truth πŸ˜‰ but he said it to satisfy his own ego ...

Right now Jalal's heart is not in his control πŸ˜³ ..  his heart is overulling his mind .. he wants to force himself on Jodha and prove that he is the king of this harem but his heart is not giving that permission to do so and so he is trying to win the ego battle with those harsh words which can prick Jodha in her heart just because Jodha's words r pricking him in his heart for the first time πŸ˜› .. When he comes near her he feels that sexual pull towards her but then he sees only hate in her eyes , the way she closes her eyes and thats what is driving him mad since first time it has happened that he is feeling some pull towards a woman but the woman in return is not reciprocating the same πŸ˜› ..

No wonder Jalal goes ahead with this chess game idea to put down Jodha  out of desperation and his own inner frustration of not able to make Jodha bow down in front of him and in this case he is sure that Ruquaiyya will win it and then in front of her he will say as prize I will fulfill one big wish of Ruqaiyya trying to make Jodha jealous πŸ˜› .. but his plan flops with Jodha winning it and in return saying she wants nothing as per spoiler which will b a total shocker for Jalal  πŸ˜‰ ... This is first time Jalal must b getting defeats from a woman repeatedly and so its a new discovery for him that not all woman r crazy for him which is driving him mad πŸ˜› ...On one hand u hv someone like Rquaiyya who demands her wishes from Jalal even before winning the game and then on other hand u hv Jodha who will want nothing from him even after winning the game ...Obviously he can see the difference between both and it will only amuse him more to see how brutally honest and selfless Jodha is compared to his other begums 😳...  I guess eventually this will draw him towards her since he can see she is first woman in harem who is not interested to win him only physically , she is rather interested in finding true love which comes from heart .. 😳

If Jalal wants to win Jodha with his agression , then Jodha is unknowingly making sure that she arises the feeling of passion and warmth in Jalal's heart which can come only from true love that Jalal is starting to feel for Jodha 😳...And when passion meets agression , it can only result in epic love which will soon bloom in Jalal and Jodha's heart for each other 😳

Jalal : Mr Unpredictable vs Jodha : Mrs Motormouth 😎

This week also saw very interesting confrontations of both husband and wife where both encountered the unexpected from each other and it was quite fun to watch πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜›

First comes the bath scene πŸ˜›.. Who would hv thought Jalal will get all naughty and ask Jodha to give him a bath in return of accepting her clause to lie to Bharmal and Mainavati about how both r happy as married couple πŸ˜†πŸ˜Ž... Jalal surely knows how to do chance mein dance na πŸ˜†πŸ˜†.. The positive thing here is even though Jalal made Jodha give him a bath but his conditions r not too complicated which Jodha cannot do .. like if he wanted then he could hv asked her so many things like kiss me or u know that sort of ahem demand πŸ˜‰.. but instead he just asks her to give him a bath πŸ˜†πŸ˜³ .. so I feel the main purpose of Jalal here is to b naughty with Jodha because secretly he is feeling a husband like attraction towards her πŸ˜³ .. But he will never put her in a situation which he knows she wont b able to do 😳 .. On a side note his wicked smirk while she is putting water on him with her own hand after he throws the jug was sensational 😳😳...

Second comes the Mirchi scene πŸ˜› .. Again Jalal does the unexpected here by not only eating that spicy food but also making sure that he gives a all happy picture and asks Jodha's parents to stay with them for some more time 😳..He could hv easily humiliated Jodha in front of all for putting so much chillies in food which is what Mahamanga wanted 😑 , but instead he gulps down the entire food and only talks to her in private about it which is what a typical husband should do 😳... Sad part here is no matter what Jalal does here , Jodha will think of it in a negative way only like she thinks Jalal is deliberately making a hue and cry about the food and also she thinks Jalal deliberately asked her parents to stay for some more time just to find out opportunities to mayb embarass her ..Mayb Jalal too thinks that he wants to put down Jodha at any cost but everytime I feel his heart is not giving him that permission to do so and so inspite of getting all angry on Jodha for giving him that spicy food , he still could not embarass her in front of his parents 😳😳...He might try to scare her in private that I will tell so and so to your parents but the truth is he is not able to do so which is driving him crazy πŸ˜›

Third comes the many unexpected decisions taken by Jalal this week starting from making Maan Singh his right hand when everyone thought he will b punished for breaking the harem rules to releasing those banjara people in today's episode after Jodha revolted against how loving ones country and religion is no sin ...Both decisions were unexpected as its coming from none other than Jalal who is known for his cruel tactics when it comes to punishing people for breaking rules but in both cases he shocks everyone with his decision just because Jodha was involved in both cases πŸ˜›πŸ˜‰...Jodha as usual takes both these decisions in negative way and thinks Jalal has back up plan like using Maan singh against his own people , but the truth is both these decisions of Jalal did shock Jodha too since she wasn't really expecting it from Jalal 😳 .. I m waiting for the day when someone like Salima will make Jodha realise about the many positives of Jalal too

And if Jalal was Mr.Unpredictable this week then Madam Jodha was the motormouth this week πŸ˜†πŸ˜†...Fourth comes the scene where Jodha went on and on against Jalal thinking its Moti behind her but instead u hv Jalal listening to Jodha's words and I guess this is first time he mayb standing behind and doing work of his begum like giving puja thali and all just to listen what his begum thinks about her ..Poor Jalal .. he looked so damn amused with Jodha's list of complaints against him 🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣...Even though I dint like the way Jalal is blindly following Ruqaiyya's words here πŸ˜‘ but still the whole temple scene was funny the way Jodha opened her complaint box against Jalal to Moti and instead u hv Jalal listening to it all and mayb thinking woww this woman has a point damn it  πŸ˜²πŸ˜²πŸ˜†πŸ˜†...One thing Ruquaiyya said right though about Jodha defeating Jalal's heart slowly πŸ˜›...Jodha is indeed defeating Jalal's heart here because his heart knows Jodha is right when she talks about how Jalal should not use her parents to play this one upmanship game with her πŸ‘πŸΌ...

Last but not the least madam motormouth today too went on and on about the banjaras and their flag which again has a point reason why Jalal had to release those banjaras πŸ˜›...Jodha's words might frustrate Jalal but he too knows they all hv a perfect point which cannot b debated πŸ˜›...

Its interesting how Jodha's words r leaving Jalal all amused while Jalal's unexpected decisions are leaving Jodha and entire Mughal fraternity all shocked ...No wonder both r made for each other 😎

At present both r enjoying a snake and ladder game of sorts where at timesJodha gets upperhand like telling Jalal to remove his shoes in front of kanha to embarass him πŸ˜› and at times we see Jalal hving upper hand by asking Jodha about the cut in her wrist in front of her mother πŸ˜› ... This is clear indication that its going to b a playful relationship in future  for sure 😳 ...

Misses for the week ...

Ruqaiyya the vamp and Jalal the follower ?? πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ

I feel CVs r making this Ruqaiyya a bigger villain than mahamanga and so all the footage was give to her in last 2 episodes to show how she is controlling Jalal's mind for now and misguiding him  ..The part where Ruqaiyya brainwashed Jalal about how Jodha is targetting his heart was still fine since initially Jalal will b all confused about his own feelings and since Ruqaiyya is his only trusted begum so far when it comes to any important discussion , so I understand why Jalal is going to her  and obviously Ruquaiyya will try to misguide him..So all that was expected πŸ€” ... But the whole Ruqaiyya bath scene in front of Jalal was in bad taste the way Ruquaiyya was shamelessly taking bath and Jalal kept standing like some servant in front of her asking her what to do next πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ  .. The whole dignity of a Shehenshah came down in this scene which dint go down with me at all ... at times Ekta goes all extreme and destroys characters in this manner πŸ˜‘ .. she needs to b more careful while dealing with these historical characters

In real history , Ruquaiyya was not even this cunning .. here CVs made her into a scheming vamp now who is even dominating Jalal: The shehenshah ... I hope they dont continue this for long and after chess game we see a change of heart in Jalal as he will realise Jodha is different from others and no more remains dependent on Ruquaiyya πŸ˜‘ ...

Mahamanga is still a elderly lady , so taking suggestion or ideas from her is understandable but Jalal taking ideas from Ruquaiyya like a helpless defeated man was a big turn off for me ..

Jodha and her assumptions at times get too extreme πŸ€”

I love Jodha's character and I also understand where she is coming from .. but at times I feel she goes a bit too extreme with her assumptions regarding Jalal instead of trying to find out the real facts πŸ€”

Like for example , if she sees Jalal is all mad with her for spicy food , instead of assuming that Jalal is faking it or he cannot intake Amer's chilli , she could hv tasted that same food in kitchen once again to see if someone later mixed something in food 😊...

Then why this assumption that Jalal made Maan Singh his right hand so that he can prepare Maan singh to fight against his own people ?? I understand she hates Jalal for obvious reasons but why cant she believe that Jalal can make some selfless decisions too based on pure talent like he does in case of Maan singh after seeing the kind of loyalty he has for his people ...

I know its too early for Jodha to start seeing the positives of Jalal  , and somewhere she is right about few of her assumptions too but I feel at times she forcibly wants to make her heart believe that a person like Jalal can never take any positive or neutral decision for anyone πŸ€”...She has made a negative image regarding Jalal in her heart and she is hell bent on making sure that the negative image of Jalal remains intact in her heart

Somehow some of the assumptions Jodha made this week were a bit put off for me because I felt Jodha could hv done much better if instead of assuming certain things , she could tried to find out the real facts like the spicy food saga ... πŸ€”...

Overall the week was quite good  and inspited of few misses here and there , I m still loving the way story is progressing ahead πŸ‘πŸΌ.,. started off with a big bang and Jalal-Jodha love-hate chemistry is getting better and better 😳😳

Looking forward to all your views πŸ˜ƒ

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Khush- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
You really gave AkDha an apt title ! Mr. Unpredictable and Mrs. Motormouth and I feel somehow Missis is only making hubby more unpredictable ! πŸ˜†

jodha is having such a bad judgmental taste of Jalal now man !
Anything he does it has to be against her !? that is why Jalal controls her so much cause all he needs to do is come up with something other than her preconceived notion and he can send her into oblivion trying to figure out his "other " plan that what she has thought ! It's not like she will understand him overnight but her jumping guns is only making Jalal more pumping with ego thanks to her predictability ! 😎

I know most of us find it abhorring to see tht bath scene of jodha Jalal but I see it in an optimistic way like someone has pointed in EDT that despite his so called fav wife in all seductive glory taking bath , all Jalal could talk abt was jodha ! 😈
I know the scene shouldn't have been in pool but whareva !

This is what I feel why Jalal is sucking upto ruq to shown down upon jodha !

Ruq is an insecure at heart here and she just believes in to sucking up to Jalal to make him her ardent follower , precisely why she hardly corrects him but more so encourages him since she knows that pumping jalal's ego (what he loves to have ) is the best way to remain his equal partner. this has been proved since the beginning for ruq !
The new begum here is unfortunately making all attempts to deflate jalal's pride and ego , hence he finds peace of his devilish mind with the one who will fill up that air again in him that jodha drains out !   πŸ€£
This was highlighted in that old scene how when Jalal asks ruq that is no love the reson of not having a child ? That time ruq did realize how much void she has in her life due to lack of real love , and hence in her insecurity to remain his fav nor is she trying to question herself than blindly agreeing to Jalal neither is she tryin to even analyze where she as an individual person has gone to ! Somehow unfortunately the heartless Jalal has rubbed into her ! πŸ˜†
Anyways ! Main thing is this is the reason Jalal favors her since he has this blind trust that ruq will never go against him and help him ! πŸ˜†

And NO ! This is too Chindi a matter to discuss with MA ! For him jodha here is just a part of the harem and ruq is his harem ki CM ya PM ! πŸ˜†

I know ruq should have been limited to jealousy and no vamp plotting but then this is still a historical when even Mytho shows exaggerate Gods ka character !
In short I've learnt I will be fine with kekta till she doesn't mess around with AkDha a lot ! 😑 πŸ˜†

AkDha wise this week has been plenty full ! And I'm loving them ! Well we always love passion wala Ishq! 😈 🀣
Poor Jalal and his bruised ego ! A man who can have worlds best beauties to him at a nod and here jodha wants to push him ! Tch tch ! 😭 πŸ˜†
Yes ruq is a reverse Cupid ! She's is taking jibes that he is developing a heart and soon unfortunately instead of negating it, Jalal will think over it ! 😳 Edited by -Khush- - 10 years ago
skanda12 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Friends, firstly let me applaud Jyoti's take.πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ Its fabulous as usual! Covered all bases and made some spectacular points! And that Mr. Unpredictable vs. Mrs Motormouth was sensational!πŸ˜‰πŸ˜›

For my take this week, I want to look at this method of analysis:

1.       What is the overall position between Jodha and Jalal at the end of this week . Where are they stationed against each other?

2.       The four important scenes we saw ' the bedroom scene, the bathroom scene, the chillies scene and the chess scene ' what are the larger symbolisms involved here and how has the relationship of Jodha and Jalal progressed as a result of the sequence of these scenes

3.       The smaller characters and what role they may play into the future of the Jodha-Jalal relationship

1.       What is the overall position between Jodha and Jalal at the end of this week . Where are they stationed agaiinst each other?

I think we are seeing a very classic case of Pride vs. Prejudiice. His pride versus her Prejudice.

I can understand where Jalal is coming from. This Jodha is not showing any fear of him, and in fact hates him which he can't bear.  And even though he tries to give dhamkis, he himself knows he cannnot harm her (as somewhere he knows he cares for her, if not yet in love!). So he is in a bind how to tame her! Even in this chess match he wants her to just lose her "ghamand" and thereafter believes she will be subjugated and will be fearful of him and will not oppose him or have the guts to openly hate him. Jalal has tried every trick in the book but failed to make Jodha fearful of himself, so he even  tries to use Ruqaiya and her chess prowess as a mohara to tame Jodha. The mistake Jalal is making is that he thinks if he manages to tame Jodha and make her fearful of him, she will have less hatred towards him, or at least she will stop openly professing her hatred of him. He failes to see that actually if he tries to subjugate her or cause fear she will only hate him more! He is trying to erase her hatred but putting fear in that place! And he fails to see that if she just stops speaking out her hatred that does not mean there is no hatred left in her heart unspoken. Very soon one day he will realise that to remove Jodha's hateful speech, you have to remove hatred from Jodha's heart and for this you have to use not fear but love! I wonder who will give him that lesson? 

I can also understand where Jodha is coming from. She has got herself into the habit of not judging Jalal directly or even by his true actions. She has learnt to judge Jalal by his henchmen's actions (eg. Sharifuddin's backstabbing, Mughal soldiers looting the Hindu temples, stories of Mughal barbarism etc.) and even when she sees direct actions by Jalal (like inviting her parents to stay or promoting Mansingh or sparing the lives of the Banjaras) she attributes negative motives to his actions. Even when he is obeying her sharths she thinks he must have some sinister ulterior motives. She is just not seeing Jalal as he really is. He has his faults, for sure, but the faults she attributes to him are by no means his real faults! So how can she hope to change him ' or even live with him ' if she persists in seeing not Jalal in the flesh, but a demoniac Jalal which is partly hearsay and partly a figment of her own fearful imagination? His actions are not helping either. If he was just trying to be his normal self, and she could see that, it may be easier for her to realise who the real Jalal is. Instead he himself becomes a larger-than-life, overly-aggressive, almost devilish version of himself around her. Every meeting of theirs becomes one where Jalal is hell-bent on showing himself off as worse than he really is, as if he has no other attributes than this craze for power, domination, subjugation, mercilessness and a fierceness. Why does he insist on showing this untrue inflated side of himself? And why does she not see through this to the little hurting boy beneath? Who will show her who Jalal really is?

2.       The four important scenes we saw ' the bedroom scene, the bathroom scene, the chillies scene and the chess scene ' what are the larger symbolisms involved here and how has the relationship of Jodha and Jala progressed as a result of the sequence of these scenes

When I looked at this sequence of events that happened, here's what I found: that inch by inch the gap between Jodha and Jalal is definitely closing. Even though the four scenes I have mentioned here were all scenes where its seemed like Jodha and Jalal were at each other like pitbulls, and there was an up-and-down in their relationship but no progress, if you notice carefully, each of these scenes DID IN FACT PROGRESS THE RELATIONSHIP STEP BY STEP.

I am not going into these scenes in detail as most of us have already watched them repeatedly already and discussed the details. But here's my assessment of what each scene was about and what the sub-text of the scene was between Jodha and Jalal '

The Scene in Question

The Relational Sub-text

The Bedroom Scene:

Jalal hates the idea that Jodha did not respond to his invitation to sing and instead ensconced herself in her own bedroom (tent). She waited with a knife.  He reminds  her of her wedding vachans towards him, she reminds him of his husbandly decencies towards her. He rough-handles her to try and dominate but finds he cannot go further to actually hurt her. He then says he doesn't want to touch her in case she gets the notion that she has too much aukath or that he loves her or craves her. He leaves behind a scar on her wrists, and she leaves behind a scar on his palm.

"I am more right, you are more wrong."

The Bathroom Scene:

Jodha goes to plead with him to not tell her parents the true situation between them. He acts pricey at first and refuses to comply - and then does a U-turn agreeing to comply providing she gives him his bath! She sees merit in doing as he says just to get his acquiescence on the issue of her parents. He hugely enjoys his bath, gleaming with wicked eyes, while she looks as if she's just doing it all out of duty, but who knows, maybe she enjoyed it too!

"Let's agree to disagree, but let's get on."

The Chillies Scene:

Jodha serves Jalal some food laced with chilli powder (unknown to her, the handiwork of Maham and Co). Jalal sweats it out but doesn't let on that his mouth and throat are burning with the heat of the chillies and his rising anger at Jodha. He marches off to her bedroom to accost her, and she explains she would not have done such a thing if it would jeopardize her parents visit and peace of mind ' why would she do that? He is not fully convinced ' but neither does he have enough proof for or against Jodha to indict her. He instead gooes and eats more chillies in Ruqaiya's chamber to "get used to the heat that is going to be part of his life hereafter". 

"Well (reluctantly!)-  maybe you have a point!"

The Chess Scene:

Unable to tame Jodha on his own, a hapless Jalal hides behind Ruqaiya's ill-intentions and tries to engineer a game of chess where Jodha can lose and thus lose some of her "ghamand". In return Ruqaiya demands a liftime wish for which Jalal has  to agree. The game is almost done now, and Ruqaiya thinks she's won, but on Monday we all expect Jodha to deliver the last blow and refuse the Shanhenshah's wish to his face! The Shahenshah sees that his new wife has more beauty and more brains than his older wife.

"Well, well, well! I never saw this side of you before?"

If you all see what I see, the relationship has gone from:

"I am right, you are wrong"  ----- to-----
"Let's agree to disagree, but let's get on." ----- to-----  
"Well (reluctantly!)-  maybe you have a point!" ----- to-----

If that is not progress, what is?

3.       The smaller characters and what role they may play into the future of the Jodha-Jalal relationship

Here I see four sets of people( working in pairs) that could affect the future storyline:

a.       Salima and her little son (I see both as potential Cupids in the Jodha and Jalal love story. Salima may allso be a valuable source of info to Jodha on the true good nature of Jalal and the true ill-nature of maham and her son)

b.      Adham and Moti Bai (catalysts for a change in Jodha and Jalal's personalities. Through the unhappy episode of the impending molestation of Moti by Adham, and then Jalal's imppending bad judgement against MotiBai by asking for her to be buried alive in a wall, there is opportunity for Jodha to intervene and impact Jalal's sense of justice and appeal to his heart-in-hiding!)

c.       Mansingh and Jalal (a new combination whereby Jalal can see his own younger self through the personality of Mansingh. The more Jalal  sees the younger version of himself in mansingh, the more he may be able to recover the lost parts of his personality for example his heart and his sioftness)

d.      Ruqaiya and Maham (both the singed parties may decide to collude - Ruqaiya has had her nose cut in the chess game, and Maham will almost have her son's "you know what" cut after he tried to molest Moti Bai and get away (I personally think castration is the punishment Jalal should give him!).

Would love to know if you all agree with my take above?

Edited by skanda12 - 10 years ago
jyoti06 thumbnail
Originally posted by: -Khush-

You really gave AkDha an apt title ! Mr. Unpredictable and Mrs. Motormouth and I feel somehow Missis is only making hubby more unpredictable ! πŸ˜†

I so agree .. Jodha and her motormouth is making Jalal take all the unexpected decisions πŸ˜†

jodha is having such a bad judgmental taste of Jalal now man !
Anything he does it has to be against her !? that is why Jalal controls her so much cause all he needs to do is come up with something other than her preconceived notion and he can send her into oblivion trying to figure out his "other " plan that what she has thought ! It's not like she will understand him overnight but her jumping guns is only making Jalal more pumping with ego thanks to her predictability ! 😎

Also I feel Jalal is suffering from inferiority complex too .. he is feeling the pressure to prove himself superior than Jodha and this is first time he is feeling the need to do so ..that is competing with a woman πŸ˜‰ ... Jodha jumping the guns is something I too dint like much but on second thoughts I feel this is in fact motivating Jalal to take some unexpected decisions and create history πŸ˜›πŸ˜†

I know most of us find it abhorring to see tht bath scene of jodha Jalal but I see it in an optimistic way like someone has pointed in EDT that despite his so called fav wife in all seductive glory taking bath , all Jalal could talk abt was jodha ! 😈
I know the scene shouldn't have been in pool but whareva !

I actually cringed with the way Ruqaiyya shamelessly was taking bath in front of Shehenshah 🀒.. At times I wonder if women in 16th century were so modern with their approach ..taking bath in front of hubby 😲😲 ... I guess in that case we hv only become regressive today because in today's time whether its a hindu or muslim serial , I hardly find any heroine or vamp so bold πŸ˜²πŸ˜²πŸ˜†

This is what I feel why Jalal is sucking upto ruq to shown down upon jodha !

Ruq is an insecure at heart here and she just believes in to sucking up to Jalal to make him her ardent follower , precisely why she hardly corrects him but more so encourages him since she knows that pumping jalal's ego (what he loves to have ) is the best way to remain his equal partner. this has been proved since the beginning for ruq !
The new begum here is unfortunately making all attempts to deflate jalal's pride and ego , hence he finds peace of his devilish mind with the one who will fill up that air again in him that jodha drains out !   πŸ€£

Ruqaiyya is not only insecure but over confident too .. I guess she has taken her place for granted and this is making her more insecure with Jodha arriving .. she does see a threat in Jodha but dont want to accept and so she is trying to cover it up with her over confidence and like u said sucking upto Jalal and giving him those typical vampish ideas to show her so called intelligence πŸ˜†

This was highlighted in that old scene how when Jalal asks ruq that is no love the reson of not having a child ? That time ruq did realize how much void she has in her life due to lack of real love , and hence in her insecurity to remain his fav nor is she trying to question herself than blindly agreeing to Jalal neither is she tryin to even analyze where she as an individual person has gone to ! Somehow unfortunately the heartless Jalal has rubbed into her ! πŸ˜†
Anyways ! Main thing is this is the reason Jalal favors her since he has this blind trust that ruq will never go against him and help him ! πŸ˜†

Also I feel the childhood friendship plays a role herre too .. Jalal feels Ruquaiyya is safe option compare to other begums whom he married after winning some war .. so they r brought as trophy into the mahal whereas Ruqaiyya came on her own .. so he feels she will never backstab him .. But like u said , Ruquaiyya does feel that void whenever she is reminded of not able to conceive after so many yrs .. she is somewhere living in that scare too that tomorrow if someone becomes preggy with Jalal ka child , she will loose that exclusive position in Jalal's life

And NO ! This is too Chindi a matter to discuss with MA ! For him jodha here is just a part of the harem and ruq is his harem ki CM ya PM ! πŸ˜†

Khush WHAT I meant here was if Jalal is taking any ideas from mahamanga regarding anything , I can still understand since she is mother figure for Jalal .. it need not b this Jodha issue only .. but Jalal taking ideas from one of his begum was a bit too exaggerated since Jalal himself has a mind of his own to think of ideas to tame Jodha rather than going to meet Ruqaiyya for ideas

I know ruq should have been limited to jealousy and no vamp plotting but then this is still a historical when even Mytho shows exaggerate Gods ka character !
In short I've learnt I will be fine with kekta till she doesn't mess around with AkDha a lot ! 😑 πŸ˜†

I guess with Jodha name getting changed as per articles .. we might hv lots of Ekta stuff .. she will obviously not sticky to facts anymore πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

AkDha wise this week has been plenty full ! And I'm loving them ! Well we always love passion wala Ishq! 😈 🀣
Poor Jalal and his bruised ego ! A man who can have worlds best beauties to him at a nod and here jodha wants to push him ! Tch tch ! 😭 πŸ˜†
Yes ruq is a reverse Cupid ! She's is taking jibes that he is developing a heart and soon unfortunately instead of negating it, Jalal will think over it ! 😳

Its really fun to watch how Jalal has gone to the extreme of even stalking Jodha to listen what she is complaining about to Moti πŸ˜†πŸ˜† ... all thanks to Ruqaiyya , she is the one sending Jalal to Jodha's room πŸ˜†

jyoti06 thumbnail
Originally posted by: skanda12

1.       What is the overall position between Jodha and Jalal at the end of this week . Where are they stationed agaiinst each other?

I think we are seeing a very classic case of Pride vs. Prejudiice. His pride versus her Prejudice.

I can understand where Jalal is coming from. This Jodha is not showing any fear of him, and in fact hates him which he can't bear.  And even though he tries to give dhamkis, he himself knows he cannnot harm her (as somewhere he knows he cares for her, if not yet in love!). So he is in a bind how to tame her! Even in this chess match he wants her to just lose her "ghamand" and thereafter believes she will be subjugated and will be fearful of him and will not oppose him or have the guts to openly hate him. Jalal has tried every trick in the book but failed to make Jodha fearful of himself, so he even  tries to use Ruqaiya and her chess prowess as a mohara to tame Jodha. The mistake Jalal is making is that he thinks if he manages to tame Jodha and make her fearful of him, she will have less hatred towards him, or at least she will stop openly professing her hatred of him. He failes to see that actually if he tries to subjugate her or cause fear she will only hate him more! He is trying to erase her hatred but putting fear in that place! And he fails to see that if she just stops speaking out her hatred that does not mean there is no hatred left in her heart unspoken. Very soon one day he will realise that to remove Jodha's hateful speech, you have to remove hatred from Jodha's heart and for this you have to use not fear but love! I wonder who will give him that lesson? 

I can also understand where Jodha is coming from. She has got herself into the habit of not judging Jalal directly or even by his true actions. She has learnt to judge Jalal by his henchmen's actions (eg. Sharifuddin's backstabbing, Mughal soldiers looting the Hindu temples, stories of Mughal barbarism etc.) and even when she sees direct actions by Jalal (like inviting her parents to stay or promoting Mansingh or sparing the lives of the Banjaras) she attributes negative motives to his actions. Even when he is obeying her sharths she thinks he must have some sinister ulterior motives. She is just not seeing Jalal as he really is. He has his faults, for sure, but the faults she attributes to him are by no means his real faults! So how can she hope to change him ' or even live with him ' if she persists in seeing not Jalal in the flesh, but a demoniac Jalal which is partly hearsay and partly a figment of her own fearful imagination? His actions are not helping either. If he was just trying to be his normal self, and she could see that, it may be easier for her to realise who the real Jalal is. Instead he himself becomes a larger-than-life, overly-aggressive, almost devilish version of himself around her. Every meeting of theirs becomes one where Jalal is hell-bent on showing himself off as worse than he really is, as if he has no other attributes than this craze for power, domination, subjugation, mercilessness and a fierceness. Why does he insist on showing this untrue inflated side of himself? And why does she not see through this to the little hurting boy beneath? Who will show her who Jalal really is?

Mansi this is spectacular take on Jodha-Jalal relationship dynamics so far πŸ‘πŸ‘ .. I agree , Jalal feels that by scaring her , he will b able to bring that fear cum respect in her eyes for him but the opposite is happening .. the more Jalal is trying to scare her , the more agressive she is becoming with her views against Jalal and this is making Jalal all restless .. he mayb thinking I hv handled so many women in this harem , why cant I handle this Jodha then .. whats so different or spl about her that neither I can control her nor I m able to ignore her .. he can see that she is very much similar to him in terms of agression and courage but he is not ready to bow down to his orders and for that she has a proper defence too which he cannot deny .. all this is making him all restless and clueless too

On the other hand , Jodha has been judging Jalal based on other's actions .. right from Suryabhan ka death , she has accused Jalal for everything when the truth is the whole attack on Amer was planned by Shariffuddin  .. Even now any decision that Jalal takes , she thinks its to torture her in future .. she is not able to think straight when it comes to Jalal ...she has a preconceived notion about Mughals and so she puts Jalal too in that same ruthless category  ...

Problem with both here is their own self-ego .. they r not ready to see beyond their own preconceived notions and past experience .. they r not able to accept the new changes happening in their life and feels its safe to go with their own pre conceived notions .. the day they both accept the new changes in their life and will b ready to step out of their own comfort zones and respect each other , their relationship will progress towards positive 😳

2.       The four important scenes we saw ' the bedroom scene, the bathroom scene, the chillies scene and the chess scene ' what are the larger symbolisms involved here and how has the relationship of Jodha and Jala progressed as a result of the sequence of these scenes

When I looked at this sequence of events that happened, here's what I found: that inch by inch the gap between Jodha and Jalal is definitely closing. Even though the four scenes I have mentioned here were all scenes where its seemed like Jodha and Jalal were at each other like pitbulls, and there was an up-and-down in their relationship but no progress, if you notice carefully, each of these scenes DID IN FACT PROGRESS THE RELATIONSHIP STEP BY STEP.

I am not going into these scenes in detail as most of us have already watched them repeatedly already and discussed the details. But here's my assessment of what each scene was about and what the sub-text of the scene was between Jodha and Jalal '

The Scene in Question

The Relational Sub-text

The Bedroom Scene:

Jalal hates the idea that Jodha did not respond to his invitation to sing and instead ensconced herself in her own bedroom (tent). She waited with a knife.  He reminds  her of her wedding vachans towards him, she reminds him of his husbandly decencies towards her. He rough-handles her to try and dominate but finds he cannot go further to actually hurt her. He then says he doesn't want to touch her in case she gets the notion that she has too much aukath or that he loves her or craves her. He leaves behind a scar on her wrists, and she leaves behind a scar on his palm.

"I am more right, you are more wrong."

The Bathroom Scene:

Jodha goes to plead with him to not tell her parents the true situation between them. He acts pricey at first and refuses to comply - and then does a U-turn agreeing to comply providing she gives him his bath! She sees merit in doing as he says just to get his acquiescence on the issue of her parents. He hugely enjoys his bath, gleaming with wicked eyes, while she looks as if she's just doing it all out of duty, but who knows, maybe she enjoyed it too!

"Let's agree to disagree, but let's get on."

The Chillies Scene:

Jodha serves Jalal some food laced with chilli powder (unknown to her, the handiwork of Maham and Co). Jalal sweats it out but doesn't let on that his mouth and throat are burning with the heat of the chillies and his rising anger at Jodha. He marches off to her bedroom to accost her, and she explains she would not have done such a thing if it would jeopardize her parents visit and peace of mind ' why would she do that? He is not fully convinced ' but neither does he have enough proof for or against Jodha to indict her. He instead gooes and eats more chillies in Ruqaiya's chamber to "get used to the heat that is going to be part of his life hereafter". 

"Well (reluctantly!)-  maybe you have a point!"

The Chess Scene:

Unable to tame Jodha on his own, a hapless Jalal hides behind Ruqaiya's ill-intentions and tries to engineer a game of chess where Jodha can lose and thus lose some of her "ghamand". In return Ruqaiya demands a liftime wish for which Jalal has  to agree. The game is almost done now, and Ruqaiya thinks she's won, but on Monday we all expect Jodha to deliver the last blow and refuse the Shanhenshah's wish to his face! The Shahenshah sees that his new wife has more beauty and more brains than his older wife.

If you all see what I see, the relationship has gone from:

"I am right, you are wrong"  ----- to-----
"Let's agree to disagree, but let's get on." ----- to-----  
"Well (reluctantly!)-  maybe you have a point!" ----- to-----

If that is not progress, what is?

Mansi the fourth chess thing is yet to happen , so I think that major progress we might see next week .. but this week so far what I can see is their relationship hv started moving .. I m not sure if I can call it a progress , but at least they both r well aware of each other's strengths now and hv at least started to confront each other in a more confident way .. after the whole bedroom scene where Jalal leaves a scare on her wrist , they both hv sort of toned down to each other and Jalal hv become less sarcastic too ..

but this is a fabulous table out here .. u hv pointed out the end conclusion in each of these scenes really well .. the way both hv come so far from right-wrong to at least trying to understand each other's point , even if its not a complete progress , but at least a movement towards right direction πŸ‘πŸΌ

Here I see four sets of people( working in pairs) that could affect the future storyline:

a.       Salima and her little son (I see both as potential Cupids in the Jodha and Jalal love story. Salima may allso be a valuable source of info to Jodha on the true good nature of Jalal and the true ill-nature of maham and her son)

b.      Adham and Moti Bai (catalysts for a change in Jodha and Jalal's personalities. Through the unhappy episode of the impending molestation of Moti by Adham, and then Jalal's imppending bad judgement against MotiBai by asking for her to be buried alive in a wall, there is opportunity for Jodha to intervene and impact Jalal's sense of justice and appeal to his heart-in-hiding!)

c.       Mansingh and Jalal (a new combination whereby Jalal can see his own younger self through the personality of Mansingh. The more Jalal  sees the younger version of himself in mansingh, the more he may be able to recover the lost parts of his personality for example his heart and his sioftness)

d.      Ruqaiya and Maham (both the singed parties may decide to collude - Ruqaiya has had her nose cut in the chess game, and Maham will almost have her son's "you know what" cut after he tried to molest Moti Bai and get away (I personally think castration is the punishment Jalal should give him!).

Would love to know if you all agree with my take above?

All these characters r somewhere playing cupids in Jalal-Jodha's life .. either direct cupids or reverse ones πŸ˜›..Someone like Salima and her son will make Jodha aware of Jalal's positive and responsible side while someone like Mahamanga or Ruquaiyya will make Jodha and Jalal aware of they r surrounded by backstabbers while someone like Adham khan will make sure both Jodha and Jalal could come together and take a joint decision for first time which I feel is gonna b the climax of Moti's case 😎

Fab take Mansi πŸ‘πŸ‘.. my replies in red 😳
anjani-pagli thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
a very well written post Jyo!
elasingh thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Fantastic post Jyoti...Jalal and Ruku's scene bore me to death but yes because of her stupidity we get to see more Jodha and Jalal...So I am willing to tolerate Ruku for a while.
On the whole it has been an interesting week where we have seen progress in their relationship...
elasingh thumbnail
Skanda very good analysis. I am disheartened that name of JA is going to change...now EK can take a lot of artistic liberty. ...I hope in spite of name change she sticks to original story of Jalal and Jodha...The serial is going good and she should not spoil it.
skanda12 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Ela:

One of the interviews of Ekta has reported that she plans to change the name of the show from Jodha Akbar to just AKBAR ...

... so the new name may be:

Akbar: Do dharmo se judi ek prem katha

What she plans to name Jodha is not clear, but even this can be done nicely if she changes the script to show that Jalal, after Jodha's success in chess, and especially after she refuses the prize, decided instead to give Jodha some status wiith a new name for her (maybe he can choose something that has a lot of meaning for him!). But as usual Jodha may misunderstand him that he is changing her name to erase her past or her wajood!

If Ekta does something like this it may look natural like part of the storyline and yet also appease the Rajput Karni Sena.

What do you think?
Edited by skanda12 - 10 years ago
elasingh thumbnail
.I was pretty upset abt it...So it is still going to be story of Akbar...meaning EK cant mess with it much...I was thinking that she will show Akdha seperating than Jodha getting married to someone else πŸ˜›, then realising than she loves Jalal 🀣and getting divorce from her second husband etc etc etc...😭

I know it was not possible in those times but still I dont trust EK.

Thanks for clearing my doubts.