Insecurities & Relationships: Epi aug 16 - Page 6

Posted: 10 years ago
Originally posted by bheegi

Insecurities & Relationships: Aug 16

Sangeeta, excellent topic!! 

Another enjoyable episode of QH today.

Why does one become insecure in a relationship?

-Fear of rejection or fear of loss?

-Past experiences eg separation from a loved one? Infidelity? Betrayal?

-Past sins?

-Insecure personalities?

All of the above?

As always, today's episode gave us glimpse into some of these insecure relationships.

Gaffur: He has always been a very intriguing character. From being a hypocrite to a puppet to man with a conscience and guilt to a loving father, he has displayed every aspect of his character since the inception of the show. His insecurity revolves around the well-being of his daughter, Humeira. We all know that she has a chronic mysterious illness and that's why her parents have always been insecure about her future and well- being. Today, for the first time we saw Gaffur feel guilty about his past sins. "Kyunki humne apni pehli beti ko apne se door kar diya, hamari doosri beti humse door ho gayi hai." Till Gaffur redeems himself for his past sins, this insecurity about his daughter shall persist. While committing a sin, why don't people realize that every action has an equal and opposite reaction? Gaffur will have to and is paying for his past sins.

A very real character, except for being an accomplice to murder! Is anyone truly flawless or totally evil in real life? So far, his love and concern for Humz is his only likeable trait. As he has always felt guilty about abandoning his first born, did he bestow all that pent up love on Humz? I am glad they showed him as an accomplice in Zainab's murder. Remember we just discussed this on one of your posts recently. He needs to redeem big time for what he did to Zoya, directly or indirectly! The music box scene with Baby Zoya makes me question when that happened. Before or after the fire? There are no burn marks on her hand. So, he gave it to her first? Did he know she was in the fire? Who saved her? Was the music box in her hand? I hope they unravel this mystery soon!

Asad:  One experience that had shaken Asad to the core has been the separation track from Zoya and his harrowing experience with Tanveer. No wonder, he still harbors that fear of losing Zoya again. While he didn't have any issues pulling her leg, but when she returned the favor with her oft repeated statement 'main bhaag gayi tho?', poor Asad totally lost it. His insecurity and fear of losing the love of his life again was very palpable. By now, Zoya should realize that her prince charming hates this kind of 'mazaak.' As an understanding partner, she should try and stop kidding around about running away and separating from him. There are other ways of pulling his leg. Their first 'non-dream' passionate 'non-abbu related' hug was a joy for the viewers. One could sense the urgency in Zoya's expression and fear in Asad's.

BTW, why haven't they gotten married yet? Weren't the supposed to get married the day after Eid? What about the secret nikaah? Now, as a viewer, I am getting insecure!

Aren't you forgetting to mention the biggest experience that shaped Asad's character early on: Rashid deserting his family and the painful separation from Ayaan! Thx to Zoya, he has learnt to live and love!

Loved the hug! Zoya was more physically affected while Asad was more emotionally affected. Yet again, he looked upwards as if thanking God for giving him Zoya back. After all the Ajmer hyper and divine intervention stuff, I wanted to see Dargah/Masjid scene after AsYa reunited, with both thanking God!

Who knows why they aren't married yet? No ILU, no Nikaah, no TRP!! I am getting tired of the "taumra" comment. Jaldi se Nikaah kijiye.

Imran: He has a number of reasons to be insecure- first of all his own personality, then fear of losing another woman he has just trapped and then of course Tanveer! No wonder, he is eager to get married to Najma without resolving any of the other conflicts in his life. Instead of asking his parents to go to Najma's house to ask for her hand, he drops by at Asad's place without any prior notification and asks them to visit his family regarding his 'rishta.' Now, what kind of man does that?

One of the weakest characters! How dare he drop in KV? Yeah, his folks should come over! Waiting for the HB/AAK confrontation!

I am glad Asad and Dilshaad put their foot down today and insisted on talking to Nikhat before proceeding with this new 'rishta.'

I would have preferred if Asad had said I need to talk to Nikhaat to find out what happened rather than saying I am responsible for both. How in the world is he responsible for Nikhat? She has her father for that. I would have preferred if he showed some selfishness. He had 0 interaction with Nikhat until recently. Still almost 0 interaction with Noozat. So, when did this all 3 sis are equal bond happen?! As he helped Dilshad raise Najma, she is his baby sister in the true sense. Heck, for me, she takes priority. Once he even chose his Ammi over Ayaan (even if begrudgingly). He always said Ammi aur Najma meri duniya hai. When did the other two sis get entry?

Don't get me wrong: I don't support Imran Najma. But would have preferred a different approach to finding him unsuitable. Yes, Hasina Bi and poor treatment of Nikhat are valid reasons. Spineless Imran is an even better reason! I would even be OK with him saying to Najma, your happiness is more important to me but we can't overlook what happened with Nikhat. CVs shouldn't have graded the love and responsibility as the same for all 3 sis. OK, enough ranting!

Loved Dil's statement "Puri duniya mein Najma ko koi aur nahi mila". We are asking the same question,  Dil mama!!

Zoya is trying her best to stay out of the Khan family matter but as Najma's well-wisher, has expressed some opinions in favor of their relationship. Hopefully, after meeting Imran and his family, she can see the other side of this 'rishta.'

Hope this does not backfire on Zoya!

Ayaan: Poor Ayaan, after being reprimanded for calling her Humeira, addressed Humeira as Rajni today. After blaming himself for Humeira's condition, he has become quite insecure about her and now that Humeira is back, he can hopefully clear things between them and start a new relationship being less insecure and fearful.

I was surprised to see Humz smiling at Ayaan. For far back in time did she go to??

My fav scenes:

1. AsYa hug. Yes, please get them married now. They can't stay away from each other and the urgency is really making them and the audience impatient now.
  2. Gaffur's acting when he reflects upon Razia's statement and his guilt about his daughters.
  3. Humeira waking up as Humeira
Agreed with all there. 

Originally posted by bheegi

Sangeeta .. good post yet again.. Was searching for yours all this while.. You always give apt titles to your posts...Good Thinking.. Keep it going...

Insecurities & Relationships: Aug 16

Another enjoyable episode of QH today. --- Yep loved last night's episode a lot..

Why does one become insecure in a relationship?

-Fear of rejection or fear of loss?

-Past experiences eg separation from a loved one? Infidelity? Betrayal?

-Past sins?

-Insecure personalities?

All of the above?  

May be a mix of all the above...

As always, today's episode gave us glimpse into some of these insecure relationships.

Gaffur: He has always been a very intriguing character. From being a hypocrite to a puppet to man with a conscience and guilt to a loving father, he has displayed every aspect of his character since the inception of the show. His insecurity revolves around the well-being of his daughter, Humeira. We all know that she has a chronic mysterious illness and that's why her parents have always been insecure about her future and well- being. Today, for the first time we saw Gaffur feel guilty about his past sins. "Kyunki humne apni pehli beti ko apne se door kar diya, hamari doosri beti humse door ho gayi hai." Till Gaffur redeems himself for his past sins, this insecurity about his daughter shall persist. While committing a sin, why don't people realize that every action has an equal and opposite reaction? Gaffur will have to and is paying for his past sins.

No doubt Gaffur has lot of insecurities for the sin he has committed.. A man of principles and a person who is portrayed to be very sincere and truthful. How can he be part of such a big crime as killing the Woman he loved (Zoya's mom) ?? I am very much interested to understand this part of the story.  Did Razia blackmail him to do it ?? Still involving in killing the person you love and leaving his daughter in an orphanage is not at all acceptable. ...Hope CVs bring this up in a way which audience can digest and accept... 

Asad:  One experience that had shaken Asad to the core has been the separation track from Zoya and his harrowing experience with Tanveer. No wonder, he still harbors that fear of losing Zoya again. While he didn't have any issues pulling her leg, but when she returned the favor with her oft repeated statement 'main bhaag gayi tho?', poor Asad totally lost it. His insecurity and fear of losing the love of his life again was very palpable. By now, Zoya should realize that her prince charming hates this kind of 'mazaak.' As an understanding partner, she should try and stop kidding around about running away and separating from him. There are other ways of pulling his leg. Their first 'non-dream' passionate 'non-abbu related' hug was a joy for the viewers. One could sense the urgency in Zoya's expression and fear in Asad's.

Asad is still scared thinking of the fact Zoya being away from him.. He is enjoying pulling Zoya's leg whenever he gets an opportunity..Remember the scene when he was going off to sleep at the dining table after 1 full sleepless night. Zoya understood that Asad was not happy with her mazak. It is valid from Asad's POV.. Image a 7Yr old child who adored his father left him , his mom and sis and went away.. He loved Ayaan as his own brother who was also taken away.. So, Asad definately has his own insecurities . He is scared of loosing people whom he loves.. He is definately becoming possessive of her.. Hope they do not come up with any other angle now with the Farhaan spoilers...

BTW, why haven't they gotten married yet? Weren't the supposed to get married the day after Eid? What about the secret nikaah? Now, as a viewer, I am getting insecure!

Yep .. Why the nikaah has not yet happened.. ?? Was the entire Khan Family not eager to get this done ASAP ??  Yes all ASYA fans are worried and I hope we do not get to see any new seperation track..

Imran: He has a number of reasons to be insecure- first of all his own personality, then fear of losing another woman he has just trapped and then of course Tanveer! No wonder, he is eager to get married to Najma without resolving any of the other conflicts in his life. Instead of asking his parents to go to Najma's house to ask for her hand, he drops by at Asad's place without any prior notification and asks them to visit his family regarding his 'rishta.' Now, what kind of man does that?

Am finding Imran's case too fishy..Why the hell is he pressuring so much.. Is he after Asad's money now through NAjma ?? I really hope as the drama unfolds, both Nikhat and Najma not to opt for Imran.. He may be good ?? Am not sure.. but he is a weakling for sure.. HE is not work either of these 2 innocent girls.. 

I am glad Asad and Dilshaad put their foot down today and insisted on talking to Nikhat before proceeding with this new 'rishta.'

Yes Asad handled the situation very well so far... 

Zoya is trying her best to stay out of the Khan family matter but as Najma's well-wisher, has expressed some opinions in favor of their relationship. Hopefully, after meeting Imran and his family, she can see the other side of this 'rishta.'

Zoya has matured a little now. She is no longer taking things in her hand because of fearing Asad's anger.. Now that she respects Asad and is also confident that he takes good decisions, she is letting him handle things and lead everybody...May be Zoya will get a hint of Tanveer and the new drama and twist begins after that...

Ayaan: Poor Ayaan, after being reprimanded for calling her Humeira, addressed Humeira as Rajni today. After blaming himself for Humeira's condition, he has become quite insecure about her and now that Humeira is back, he can hopefully clear things between them and start a new relationship being less insecure and fearful.

Ayaan.. I pity this guy at the moment...

I would have preferred if Asad had said I need to talk to Nikhaat to find out what happened rather than saying I am responsible for both. How in the world is he responsible for Nikhat? She has her father for that. I would have preferred if he showed some selfishness. He had 0 interaction with Nikhat until recently. Still almost 0 interaction with Noozat. So, when did this all 3 sis are equal bond happen?! As he helped Dilshad raise Najma, she is his baby sister in the true sense. Heck, for me, she takes priority. Once he even chose his Ammi over Ayaan (even if begrudgingly). He always said Ammi aur Najma meri duniya hai. When did the other two sis get entry?

It makes no sense to equate the two--yes being as caring a person as Asad is and Nikhat having reached out to him numerous times he does have sibling attachment but Najma is someone he has reared and given his all to!

Don't get me wrong: I don't support Imran Najma. But would have preferred a different approach to finding him unsuitable. Yes, Hasina Bi and poor treatment of Nikhat are valid reasons. Spineless Imran is an even better reason! I would even be OK with him saying to Najma, your happiness is more important to me but we can't overlook what happened with Nikhat. CVs shouldn't have graded the love and responsibility as the same for all 3 sis. OK, enough ranting!

Spineless Imran --you got it right. With what audacity and confidence ( dressed like a romeo as if he was going to the park to patao some girls!!!) he has walked into the Khan household! Almost as if you have no choice--I have your sister/ daughter in my control and she will do as I say! Boot him out and have nothing to do with Haseena and Imran. By rights Imran's parents should have come to Dilshad and Asad to ask for Najma's hand and not the other way round. 

Loved Dil's statement "Puri duniya mein Najma ko koi aur nahi mila". We are asking the same question,  Dil mama!!

Yes we alll agree with you Dilshaad Mom!

@ Niki_12

Thank you! I don't think AsYa can be separated now because the family drama/brother clash is beginning. The focus is shifting away from the love story. I think today was kinds of foreshadowing...throughout this bro clash Asad will be disturbed because of his family problems and Zoya will be there to reassure him and they will find comfort with each other in each other's arms. If they separate AsYa...the show will be just Asad crying for Ayaan, Najma, Nikhat, and Zoya too! I am sure tough times are ahead for AsYa and especially Zoya. Personally i feel that as soon as they get married one side the family drama (bro clash) will peak and the other side Zoya will find out about her mother's death. This will delay the consummation and both AsYa will be emotionally tormented so even despite being together they will be sad. Zoya will be affected the most because if Asad turns against Rashid because of her she is going to feel super guilty and its possible Dilshad may have a problem with her too? I have always thought mother truth will come out before father because QH always does the unexpected. We all feel father truth will come out but i think the opposite will happen. I may be completely wrong but i feel if the father truth comes out first i can't see how they can explore the Rashid burning the factory angle. But if they first blame Rashid then the truth comes out it will pave the way for father-son reconciliation. Things have to get worse for Rashid before the get better. Okay bahut lamba ho gaya yeh!!😆

Niki...this is a great theory and you are right, could add to the drama factor big time. Let's see how this plays out
As of now, I have stopped thinking about the Zoya-Ayaan track. If it happens, happens...can't do much about it but I like your theory if Zoya's mom and Rashid case surfaces again thanks to Razia
Originally posted by CanadianChik

Di - Comments in pink - 

@ me2you - Sorry  for taking over ur comments to Di - i did not have the energy to type and r thoughts were along the same lines😃

Thanks Sara...enjoyed reading your comments esp the shoe brands😆 My replies are in black
Originally posted by webuser7

My replies in green
Edited by bheegi - 10 years ago
Originally posted by DevikaRavish

My responses in green
Edited by bheegi - 10 years ago