:.AT#16: Karan V Grover, The Ladies Guy .:

Posted: 10 years ago

Born on the 22 June, 1982 and raised in Mumbai, Karan V Grover the handsome lad stays with his parents and a younger brother (Mihir Grover). Karan Grover very popularly known as "KayJee" in his circles and the industry. Karan that he is happiest best when working, even if it means long grueling hours of shooting.Before Karan V Grover got into acting world, he was in training as a chemical engineer, but he didn't want to become a chemical engineer he decided he wanted to do something else. He has worked with Omang Kumar's Event management company for a year. As a participant in Mr. India 2004, he was selected amongst the top five finalists and it was after that show Karan found his first job as a VJ with Zee Music. He realized that not only he wanted to be an actor but also loved being a VJ / Anchor. He hosted various shows for Zee Music and interviewed some of the biggest names in the film industry.
After which, kay jee felt the need of making his attempts towards acting, and that's when he started auditioning and landed up with his first break on Star plus on a show called SAARTHI.On the contrary, he believes in doing what his fans want him to. The actor says, "There is no harm in being stereotyped or getting typecast as people like to see you in that particular kind of a role and as an actor one always want to entertain the audiences". It is notable that Karan has come of age since his debut in 2004 with the show Saarrthi. He feels that in the past eight years he has learned a lot many things. Talking of his growth in town, he said, "I would give myself 6/10 in terms of my growth as an actor. When I came into the industry, I didn't know much about acting but over the years, performing different roles, and meeting different kinds of people have helped me learn a lot".He further added, "This industry is like a school for me. I am blessed to have had such a wonderful journey so far. It is not difficult to get famous in this industry but it is difficult to sustain. You don't get work on time. There are times when you don't have any work and there are times when you are flooded with it. It sometimes does become difficult as one has to be very patient when it comes to work".

While working as an interviewer on Zee Music in 2004, Karan felt the need of making his attempts towards acting, and that's when he started auditioning and landed up with his acting debut with Neela Telefilms produced TV serial Saarrthi on STAR Plus, in which he got his first break portraying the protagonist Arjun Goenka. The drama started airing in November 2004.

Karan began his acting journey back in 2004 with the  TV serial  Saarrthi(produced by Neela Telefilms)which was aired on the channel Star Plus. He played the male protagonist, Arjun Goenka opposite Neha Devi  Singh. Karan's role as Arjun Gave him a lot of popularity and even made him a household name. However Karan got  a call  to play a lead in a lead in another serial and therefore asked the producers of Saarrthi to kill his character.Arjun was killed in the show and his journey with Saarrthi came to an end.

After Karan's role in Saarrthi, he played Raj Malik in the Daily soap Meri Awaz Ko Mil Gayi Roshni. He was the male lead opposite Ashima  Bhalla. Raj Malik was  a very ambitious guy. He is controlled and a very friendly person.  A sales and marketing guy who realizes his own worth while making efforts to make the lead protagonist Sudha a successful singer. Karan said he had a close resemblance to this character in real life. However that serial did not attain much  success and ended up going off air with a total of 150 episodes.

Karan next project was Woh Rehne Waali Mehlon Ki (produced by Rajshri Productions) which aired on Sahara One. Here, he portrayed the character. Rishabh was  around 26 years old, well built up. He is the main hero of our story, who is married to Rani. Risabh has a strong personality, impressive, though a bit uncouth & impatient & short tempered & aggressive. He's an angry young man who dresses up simply, maybe oddly. Very outspoken & rude; has a lot of attitude. Karan's character in this  show was also killed.

Besides acting in soaps, Karan also participated in Nach Baliye 3 (a dance show) with Kavita  Kaushik whom he was in a relationship with at that time but they broke up a few years later.

Karan then bagged the lead role in Zee TV's Yahaan Main Ghar Ghar Kheli(produced by Rajshri productions) opposite Suhasi Goradia Dhami in 2009. He played 'Karan Jagmohan Prasad' in this show as well as 'Ranchod Tiwari'. Karan received his first award in the Zee Rishtey awards 2012  as Favourite Beta in the show Yahaan Main Ghar Ghar kheli  and his second award in Zee Rishtey awards 2011 as Favourite Popular Face Male in the serial Yahaan Main Ghar Ghar Kheli. After a successful run of two and a half years, the serial was taken off air in mid 2012.

After Yahaan Main Ghar Ghar Kheli went off-air, Six months after Karan made a return with Sab TV's Hum Aapke Hai In Laws in January 2013. Karan played the  lead role (Gulshan Grover) opposite Pooja Pihal. This show was not doing too well on the TRP charts and was taken off air within 5 months of its launch.

Within the same month that Hum Aapke Hai In Laws went off air, Karan made a return with Zee TV's Punar Vivah- Ek Nayee Umeed (produced by Shashi Sumeet Mittal productions) which is currently on air.. He is playing the male lead opposite Rubina Dilaik and Srishty Rode. Karan plays the character 'Raj Sohanlaal who is a  young man who lost his love and ends up marrying a girl that his family chose for him.

Sun-Sign: Cancer

One thing you avoid doing on sets: Eating more of set food as it gives me acidity

What is your current obsession: Normally I am obsessed with travelling and at the moment I have no obsession. But I am definitely occupied with the renovation of my house.

If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished anywhere in the world, where would you like it: A sea-facing terrace apartment on the highest floor in Bandra Bandstand. 

What are your must-have pieces for winter: An Armani Jacket and a good pull over

A language that you would like to learn: French

Your favorite quote: Live and Let Live

Your dream-job: I am doing my dream job and I love acting. On a higher note, my dream would be to act in a Hollywood movie.

If Scarlett Johansson was the last woman alive with you, what would you do: Everything possible that a man can dream of doing.  

If you have to put up a matrimonial ad for an arranged marriage, how will it read: A spaced out, Osho believer looking out for a girl who wants to live life on her own and yet be married. 

Does having a married co-star affect your on-screen chemistry?
Not at all! Suhasi has a very supportive family that trusts her completely and stands by her decision to work in the industry. I have met some of them. I have met her husband and he's a great guy. Her in-laws believe in the Barjatyas and so there's no negative vibes at all for me to be working with her.

At what point in your life did you realize you wanted to be an actor?
I realized quite late in my life that I wanted to be an actor. I'm a chemical engineer by qualification. I got a KT in my last year. I pursued event management and that's what gave me an entry into the field of entertainment. I've worked with experts like Umang Kumar. 
When I saw what happened at these events I was like- 'I wanna be on stage, I wanna dress up, I wanna give interviews.' I realized I loved everything about an actor's life.  So I started giving auditions and here I am.
You see, this is the reason why coming everyday to the sets does not feel mundane at all. I love coming to the sets every day. I love every moment of being in this profession.

Have you achieved whatever you had planned you would by this time?
I don't make such time limited plans. I don't keep any physical goals like- by so and so time I'll buy my own apartment or own a Mercedes. Nope!
I'd made a goal that I want to be an actor and I've achieved that goal. The press and media are accepting me and I'm happy with this achievement. Somewhere down the line I want to make films and contribute more to the entertainment industry. But then again, that has no cut-off line.

What are the three things, according to you, that aspiring actors should always bear in mind?
First, know the job.
Second, stay true to it. Be sincere.
Third, it is the medium that makes you and not the other way around. You are never bigger than the medium.

What is the motto of your life?
My motto is as the classic song goes, "Don't worry, be happy".

Fashion is: Comfort

Who chooses your clothes? Actually, a lot of people. I never shop as I hate it. So everyone right from the stylist of my show to my brother and friends shop for me.

Do you wear accessories? Not really. I wear a wrist watch though.

Do you follow any brands? No fixed brands as such. 

Favourite shopping destination: Nothing in particular but I loved shopping in Vegas.

Most expensive buy: An Armani suit that cost up to 700 US dollars.

Clothes you are comfortable in: Tees and capris.

Favourite designer: No one as such because their creations confuse me. But I like Paul Smith's creations.

Must-have in your wallet: My credit cards. I don't pay in cash for anything.

Favourite perfumes: It keeps changing. Currently it is Issey Miyake and Armani.
Colour that fills your wardrobe: White

In 2010, after playing the lead role in ZeeTv Yahaan Main Ghar Ghar Kheli, This heartthrob was nominated as Favorite Beta, and also bagged the award.
In the same year, he was also mominated as Favorite Popular Face(Male) but that award was won by someone else. 
In 2011, again he was nominated as ZeeRishtey Awards for Favorite Beta, but unfortunately that award was bagged by someone else, He was also nominated as Favorite Popular Face (Male) and he did won that award.

Karan at Zee Rishtey Awards 2011

-Amanda-
lovekaranabha
SushantFan_Afss
Megher_Palok
Karush
Surish
luv_lvndr
sia_lovely
Nishta06
Asyaforever
Simple_beauty
happygirl123
re123
Vishakha_Sakhi
sarah88
pn_92
starsanjana
radev101
stacyellowz
taahir004
-Swetha-
-Unknowndesire-
Roshini1494
JulieD
Priyamvada
eshaaax3
premvahini
Rashii
akrj01
ashna26
..hrideyy..
Ashiuu.
ElissaMendler.
...Jes...
Shreya_94

If you want to be part of the AT, then please PM me or inform me by hitting the LIKE button below

Follow this ONLY :  New Rules & Warnings Regarding ATs:Plss Chk  

If you choose not to follow the above, then you will be out of this AT.
Congratulations on the 16th AT thread ðŸ¥³ðŸ˜ƒ