Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

varaali thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago
I haven't watched the episode yet, so going by the written update (thanks, Reeti)-

Sita seems to be the most active participant in the swayamvar. It  looks like, given half a chance, she would have jumped into the arena, grabbed hold of the bow, thrust it into Rama's hands and said  "Look, just break it and let's get done with this" ðŸ˜†

Technically, no one can gatecrash a swayamwar. It was open to anyone who wanted to witness and anyone (who met the qualifications) to enter in the fray. Here Janaka had publicly proclaimed that whosoever strung / broke the bow was eligible to marry his daughter, the only restriction being the contestant would have to be a kshatriya or brahmin. 
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: varaali

Vrish- if you were to ask my husband he would say that an idle man, in many ways, is an ideal man. ðŸ˜†

BTW, I have never understood this 'kabab - haddi' metaphor. Kabab is anyway a non-veg dish, isn't it? So how does it matter whether there is a bone in it or not?

ANd Vrish- in VR, does Rama return Parashurama's bow to him? 

Oh, I wholeheartedly agree w/ your hubby.  But I doubt that that's why Rama got that title.  Although, as king, his main activity seemed to be storytelling to his courtiers 😆 - either listening or narrating.

Kabab is something one is supposed to be able to chew through, w/o having to put one's hand in the mouth again to take out things like bones - sorta like having a sandwich.  But if you find a bone while eating and have to take it out, it spoils the experience.  A vegetarian analogy of that might be like you are eating an idli, and suddenly find a macadamia nut buried in it.  You were expecting to go through something soft, but suddenly find yourself breaking a tooth over it.

No, in VR, Rama takes possession of that bow, and later (maybe during his exile?), gives that bow to either Varuna, or someone else (Vibs once told me who he had given it to, but I've forgotten).  Important to note - he doesn't keep it to use against Ravan, though he well could have.
kaatayani thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: varaali

Vrish- if you were to ask my husband he would say that an idle man, in many ways, is an ideal man. ðŸ˜†

BTW, I have never understood this 'kabab - haddi' metaphor. Kabab is anyway a non-veg dish, isn't it? So how does it matter whether there is a bone in it or not?

ANd Vrish- in VR, does Rama return Parashurama's bow to him? 

@ bold...🤣

there are vegetarian kababs as well...😆😆
varaali thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
^^^^ Haddis in vegetarian kababs????? Now, that would really be an unpleasant experience...
Sia889 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Thanks for updating dear..my net acts weird sometime and its really cumbersome at times.

Regards
Sia
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: kaatayani

@ bold...🤣

there are vegetarian kababs as well...😆😆

Er, haddis in kababs are supposed to be unpleasant for non vegetarians.  I doubt that it meant shocking vegetarians by giving them non vegetarian kababs.