Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

KK84 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago
I don't know Arshi...isn't it apparantly a spoiler I read on here that they send Kusum as they worried abt Kumud so to keep an eye on the situation.

But to send kusum is like digging the hole deeper for the audiences...

I have no expectations of the show redeeming it self until Kumud puts aside her ego n accepts Saras's worth!
happychappy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Very interesting CB after all... as a group, we sure have the gift of elevating our collective mood...😊  Thanks, all!

I wonder if divorce is somehow as much of a taboo in Indian society as it is made out in general... When my maasi got divorced over 50 years ago, she must have been quite an unusual woman.. She went back to college for a masters and Phd, had a career, and raised her daughters herself with full support of her parents and siblings...If extended family had anything to say they quickly got over it.. she was always present at every social occasion and fully accepted. In fact, in many ways, she had a fuller life, even if a more challenging one, than her sister (my mum) who ws happily married to a proper Mr.Nice Guy! Both her daughters grew up well-adjusted though as adults they honestly admit to missing the father-figure, and that they blamed their mum for it even if sub-consciously... One note to add is that she lived all her life in Kerala which is in some ways more progressive, and in a family quite liberal. 

These days i find when I go back, that the younger generation marries much later, and divorces quite easily...😕  I find myself quite shocked, as I'd not enter into it at all so lightly...

So, is SP and cohorts behind the times, or is it a North-South, city-urban divide?? 

I still find it difficult to reconcile the Desai's early-period extra-liberal outlook (night-outs etc., having young men as long-stay house guests in a household with three daughters...) with their now sudden, born-again type of conservatism (can't telephone K's sasuraal often, can never visit unless invited, cant ask her to ditch abusive husband, ...) The only answer is that  inconsistencies were all in the cause of the story, cue the famous "L ki V" cry of ours!

Edited by happychappy - 10 years ago
Arshics thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: happychappy

Very interesting CB after all... as a group, we sure have the gift of elevating our collective mood...😊 Thanks, all!

I wonder if divorce is somehow as much of a taboo in Indian society as it is made out in general... When my maasi got divorced over 50 years ago, she must have been quite an unusual woman.. She went back to college for a masters and Phd, had a career, and raised her daughters herself with full support of her parents and siblings...If extended family had anything to say they quickly got over it.. she was always present at every social occasion and fully accepted. In fact, in many ways, she had a fuller life, even if a more challenging one, than her sister (my mum) who ws happily married to a proper Mr.Nice Guy! Both her daughters grew up well-adjusted though as adults they honestly admit to missing the father-figure, and that they blamed their mum for it even if sub-consciously... One note to add is that she lived all her life in Kerala which is in some ways more progressive, and in a family quite liberal.

These days i find when I go back, that the younger generation marries much later, and divorces quite easily...😕 I find myself quite shocked, as I'd not enter into it at all so lightly...

So, is SP and cohorts behind the times, or is it a North-South, city-urban divide??

I still find it difficult to reconcile the Desai's early-period extra-liberal outlook (night-outs etc., having young men as long-stay house guests in a household with three daughters...) with their now sudden, born-again type of conservatism (can't telephone K's sasuraal often, can never visit unless invited, cant ask her to ditch abusive husband, ...) The only answer is that inconsistencies were all in the cause of the story, cue the famous "L ki V" cry of ours!

Happy in my experience its now very individual. Divorce is no more a taboo. Walking out a personal choice. Hoever there are local community strongholds. So its a wide canvas. Its the lack of character consistancy that is bothering.

twila thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Arshii ... you have changed your user ID ... found something strange when i logged in .     ðŸ˜Š

and 14 pages ... what have you guys been discussing  ??  must be something momentous    ðŸ˜›

Let me find the time to go through all the pages , but... meanwhile ...

Wanted to highlight  " Saras standing in the Lake scene... "  More or less  similar to his Intro scene ... and of course Gautam looked Perfectt ... His well sculpted body ... and his perfect posture while doing the Jala - Abhishek... is a  Visual pleasure indeed ...

and Coupled with that Powerful REcitation of the Shlokas and the awesome BG music  ... it is a Beautiful as well as  Powerful scene always ...

But this Harking back to the first scene ... an almost REPLICA ... Why  ?? 

Is it just to show him praying and making that Promise ... or is there any deeper meaning  ??

and more importantly ... have been wanting to ask Smrth Bhaaii since yesterday ...

Were the Shlokas the same as in the Intro scene - the First scene of Saras?? ... tried to catch  but could not ...

I caught only the second one ... 

" Sarve Sukhinah  Bhavantu ... Sarve Santu Niramayah ... 
  Sarve Bahdraani Pashyantu ... Maa Kashticha Dukha Bhaagbhaveta...

which i think means Praying for the " Sukh " of everyone ...

Was this Shloka too used in the Intro scene  ?? 

Waiting for your reply ... Am really Curious about this ??        ðŸ˜Š 

Edited by twila - 10 years ago
Arshics thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: twila

Arshii ... you have changed your user ID ... found something strange when i logged in . 😊

and 14 pages ... what have you guys been discussing ?? must be something momentous 😛

Let me find the time to go through all the pages , but... meanwhile ...

Wanted to highlight " Saras standing in the Lake scene... " More or less similar to his Intro scene ... and of course Gautam looked Perfectt ... His well sculpted body ... and his perfect posture while doing the Jala - Abhishek... is a Visual pleasure indeed ...

and Coupled with that Powerful REcitation of the Shlokas and the awesome BG music ... it is a Beautiful as well as Powerful scene always ...

But this Harking back to the first scene ... an almost REPLICA ... Why ??

Is it just to show him praying and making that Promise ... or is there any deeper meaning ??

and more importantly ... have been wanting to ask Smrth Bhaaii since yesterday ...

Were the Shlokas the same as in the Intro scene - the First scene of Saras?? ... tried to catch but could not ...

I caught only the second one ...

" Sarve Sukhinah Bhavantu ... Sarve Santu Niramayah ...
Sarve Bahdraani Pashyantu ... Maa sa Kashticha...

which i think means Praying for the " Sukh " of everyone ...

Was this Shloka too used in the Intro scene ??

Waiting for your reply ... Am really Curious about this ?? 😊

Yes. I changex my id. Just shortened it.

Smrth has posted on this.So when you go thru the earlier posts you will find his wonderful insights on this.
twila thumbnail
oh...OK ...Thanks ...

But any idea on which page... searching through 14 pages shall take some time .     😊 
Arshics thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: twila

oh...OK ...Thanks ...

But any idea on which page... searching through 14 pages shall take some time .     😊 

It's the last post on page 10
twila thumbnail
Thanks a lot Arshii ...

Shall check it out.        ðŸ˜Š 
smrth thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
All,
I totally disagree over 'how less' VC has done, as right now he is facing 'alcohol'. A note,despite a temporary suspension of 'Dv' verdict on him, all implication about 'how less over something more serious' is only over DV that we are aware about. And this, I feel, as direct juxtaposition of 'our wish' over the narrative. For seriously, what less has he done about 'alcohol'? Again, what 'reconciliation' did he actually show? Wailing like a child is 'reconciliation'??😲 And why may a father not lapse into a wail if he saw a blunder wracked? His abject haplessness, after Kumud's first 'DISOBIDIENCE' is much less for 'alcohol'? And his attempt to wriggle out a promise was ' no attempt' only, if it meets a stonewall? And when it did meet a stonewall?!🤢 How much more should they show at this juncture? Raging/ stomping/ hair splitting/ putting his pearl immediately in safekeeping and get P ordered out??  But as he is already marked and 'boxed' as inadequate, then I am afraid, now how ever seriously 'meddling' they script this father, he is going to be judged 'less' for anything less than calling Kumud back to his Haweli. Do you see what this is leading Kumud to? Well, we may still see 'that' here, if they adhere to the story. Before Sundar giri, Kumud was returning to RN only.🤢 But only if they allow 'the story' and not a confirming, 'raging/stomping or cajoling/coaxing' vc or guniyal in middle of a course.
So noting, I don't see any character skewing. Citing elapsed script - alcohol- reiterating a dissent and 'adequate shock' at the moment- even 'affecting'- remembering his poignant haplessness, " but Dukh baa, she is not even coming back". I am resigning this discussion. inundated. Irony! For since day one I have marked only two men for Kumud's 'fate' SC and VC.
Edited by smrth - 10 years ago