Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago
agree there is no melody in songs these days
there were days during alka's times songs would actually be loved for decades
these days the hype is for a month and its over ๐Ÿ˜†
Kya.Bolta.Tu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
I think it is just not justified to compare that era(to which Aalka belongs) and todays time.

Firstly there were many less singers back then and nowadays the competetion is toomuch to sustain yourself.

Secondly the technology,back then there were casettes and if you really had to listen to song it was radio or these casettes but no internet but see nowadays there just so much of it that everythin has a short lifespan eventually not much in the limelight.

But I agree the melody is missing,like those evergreen Kishore Kumar songs.
kareena05 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Never was fan of her voice
--HiNa-- thumbnail
honestly i think i am the only one to agree with her
Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Also I find it strange that Alka is complaining about the lack of melody and meaning in songs. For an established singer, she doesn't seem to know much about music.

I think Aashiqu2i soundtrack is the perfect example of how WRONG she is. Aashiqui-2 is probably going to sweep all the awards and I find the songs of that movie extremely Indian...meaningful, soulful and melodic

There was also vast appreciation for Lootera as well, another full on Indian album.

So I don't know what she is talking about. She sounds like those old aunties that complain about the new generation. There is nothing wrong with songs like Badtameez Dil, or Balam Pichkari. or even the songs from Race2. That is what the young generation WANTS TO HEAR.

Young people like to party. They need a certain style of music to go with that. Unless Alka wants to them to play melodic songs at the club too? Maybe they should play Sawar Loon at the local club so everyone can get trashed and have fun right?

Songs like Badtameez Dil ARE music and appeal to a different audience as well. Not every song has to sound like Mere Humsafar from Refugee. She needs a reality check.

Edited by Shaitan-Haiwan - 10 years ago
Tani91 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
I agree and disagree with her. New singers and up and coming talent should be recognized and it is I'm glad that new people are getting chances to sing in bollywood like Arijit, Monali, Papon, Nikhil, Shalmali, Shilpa etc but I do agree that wish there was more versatility for the older singers too I thought it was nice to see Udit sing for Radha in SOTY

As for Shreya - the woman is in a league of her own as is Sunidhi, both are exceptionally talented and versatile with their range.
i agree with her regarding lack of melody and meaning in the current songs! Very few stand out and most of them sound similar to earlier songs! 

However, i don't buy the part she is not singing as she doesn't approve of the songs rather than lack of work! Shaan is very vocal about how 90s singers are not getting much work and today's music directors seek for raw voice than for professional trained singers!

The music has also changed in recent times, now demand is more for peppy / club numbers not melodious songs! Alka's voice won't suit!

Btw, Lata even though considered a legendary singer she hardly had sung in past decade or so! She is not complaining??

pakeezah thumbnail
There are wonderful singers nowadays, yaar! 

The amount of talent is astonishing. And the amount

of competition...the youngsters face. I commend them.

Alka had it rough because the Mageshkar sisters were

monopolizing it was only later she and Kavita Krishnamoorty

could muscle their way in.

Shreya is a favourite of mine too. Classy confident and grounded.

I love her. 
DivineAngel thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
she praised only ONE female singer?๐Ÿ˜•   Sunidhi is as good as Shreya and she is there for a long time..
Shilpa Rao, Neeti Mohan (Jia re, ishq wala love), Palak (Laapata, chahoo ma ya na) are also rising singers.