IPK007 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 10 years ago
EEdited by IPK007 - 9 years ago
AquaSandhya thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 8

Res

One of the things I keep reminding myself when I read this story is to keep the time period this story is set in, in mind. It is very  very important to keep my perspective straight. 

Frankly, Khushi is not having a bad life...if we take the times into consideration. The family has taken her under their wing, she is clothed, fed and educated. It isn't a bad life at all.

Yes, those were the times, when children were told if they didn't do something well...it is not current times when we are taught to tell our kids,  what is good before telling them how it could be done better. But in a way I understand Arnav's mum...coz my mum did that too...not cooking mind you...but we were told what we could do as kids.

The thing about this story...so far I haven't come across any bad characters...each is flawed  just proving they are only human. 

Arnav of course stands tall...with his morals, values...

Now the rabba vey's have begun? Khushi is fourteen right? She is such a sweet heart and she is beginning to understand the nuances of physical relationship...good. OMG...how will Arnav wait for 2 years? or is it gonna be earlier...

May I admit that I was ecstatic that Arnav felt something fro Khushi...

Can you imagine Jen...in todays' world if a twenty seven year old touched a fourteen year old we cry molestation and murder...This again goes to show, one needs to read this story by keeping the times in mind. 

Loved it as usual 😊
Edited by AquaSandhya - 10 years ago
vgedin thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
Res
~Edit~

Jen theres so much I have to say, I don't know where to start. But let me begin with Khushi's sister. What life, and what death? Deprived of a childhood, given away to a stranger at such a young age, and isn't even remembered or missed for any more than a week after her death. Was married but has never known love? And you cannot even blame her husband for it, how is a hot blooded teenager to understand what it is to be married? What it is to be a husband? Its just so unfortunate.. so much time and so many lives wasted in this manner. Just makes me sigh. Same with Pranab, I cannot blame him for not caring for his wife but nurturing feelings for Khushi, but that does make me sad for Pranab's bride. Where does this leave that poor child? 

But this time around, Arnab is trying his best to do the right thing, as he understands better now. That is truly commendable. And I love how Khushi is slowly but surely becoming more of a woman now... she is also experiencing the first buds of love and attraction, and that coupled with her child-like affection and adoration for Arnav makes it so heart-warming. She does live up to her name, spreads joy wherever she goes. 

So Arnab does plan to take her with him when he moves out! Can't wait for that! But I worry how Khushi adjust to living without the rest of the family, when Arnab is busy at work all day long. But that I guess will happen sometime in future, let me not worry about it now. For now I will bask in the joy of the love that is making its way into the relationship between Arnab and Khushi. Loved the whole scene where she gives him the handkerchief, I think I was smiling as brightly as Khushi 😃 Amazing update, Jenny.

And now I am waiting for the next one already, especially the bit in the teaser 😊

Edited by vgedin - 10 years ago
kondhili thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Res
*Edited*

Thanks for the little background to how it all began, jen. A young child dies at such a young age and and people consider her lucky since she died a 'suhagan'...😡
What a mindset!. I am not criticising Thammi she was was a woman of that era with complete belief in such ideology. 
But i love her for the fact that she has taken khushi completely under her wings and almost loves her like a daughter. 

My heart went out this young khushi who is already spinning dreams around her young and dashing husband.  I can totally understand Arnab loosing his temper with khushi thinking his mother was again interfering with his personal choices. Khushi's joy at finally receiving a compliment from her husband priceless.
Jen give me some leap in years so that i can enjoy the rabba ve moments between arnab and khushi...i want to write that i loved the first rabba ve moment between arnav and khushi but damn she is only 14-15 blasphemy i tell you... I know the story is set in that era and if i remember correctly my grandma was a mom by the age of 17-18. 

Coming to pranab isn't it time for his wife also to make a grand entry to her sasural. I wonder what is in next store for us.

Great update Jen...and your writing mesmerising as usual. ⭐️
Edited by kondhili - 10 years ago
nishu_shorna thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Like it???i LOVED it Jenny Apu...this is just too awesome...first time Arnab let his heart rule his mind...first time Khushi felt her dhak dhak...update cant be more beautiful...a fond smile plastered in my face after reading it...loved it so much...
thanks for giving the complete idea of Arnav,Khushi and also Pranab's married life...dont know why but I am not that afraid of Pranab's feeling towards Khushi...and I really hope it remains this way...
Is Arnab going to get involved in politics and all...everything will be different then...I am a little afraid of this...
i've already read ArShi portion twice...after posting the comment,I am gonna read it again...its too awesome...thank you so much for this...

Edited by nishu_shorna - 10 years ago
1chilly thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Loved the update, Jen.
Child marriages were the norm at this pre independance era.
Men could of course remarry if their wife died but there were so many child widowswho were ostracised by society through no fault of their own.
Arnav married Khushi's sister and then her.
Loved the small moment between Arnab and Khushi.
She is already developing feelings for him.

And what about Pranab? 
Hat will he do now? 
Won't his wife too come to his house soon? 
Waiting for the next chapter.
Edited by 1chilly - 10 years ago
vandana.sagar thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Res
Jenny, 
Your don't surprise me anymore, your brilliance in writing I have come to expect and what does surprise me is that you live up to those high expectations consistently...there is never a chapter I don't like or anything that I would have wanted to change!

I love how your give us an insight about the circumstances of their weddings, at that age what more could it mean but the physical discomfort that one faced and vague memories and recollections of people, place and things...

Clearly no emotions or feelings, so I understand totally his not feeling a sense of loss at his wife's death, she is that only in name . So no emotional attachment of any kind is absolutely normal.
I do feel bad for the child who loses her life and I understand how the elders feel that she is lucky to have died a "suhaagan" but I am with Arnab, death is not lucky with or without the red and white bangles.A loss of life is always sad and unfortunate.

Arnab is sensitive compassionate and passionate and I love that about him, I am ecstatic that he is thinking about Khushi and her happiness and planning to take her with him, when he moves.I love that he has more than a physical attraction towards her, the emotional one playing as important a role, the fact that is willing to wait for her to grow up says a lot about the man you have portrayed.
I love how she cannot wait to complete her hanky for him and that it takes priority for her more so than flying a kite but also realise that Pranab is now eager to spend more time with her and her dismissing him so easily now and probably will do so more and more as now she is understanding the implications of a physical relationship and is getting more aware about it. 
I love how they both are thinking about the other even when they are away from each other. 
I loved her imagining how he admires her work, appreciation and acknowledgement and attention so crucial ...and that he gives it to her makes her happy and even misses him when he is not around.
And of course the MIL who dismisses it and calls her for another lesson in training her to be a good "ginni" a housewife/lady of the house , this is how it worked those days, this was the MIL's responsibility to train the young child bride the customs and rituals that learn.
Loved how she falls asleep waiting for Arnab to come, listening for his footsteps, those that she has come to identify and find solace in.
I loved his assumption that her being there is another ploy and therefore understand his anger but am glad that seeing her reaction- the fear and of course the hanky that he soften his stance and the rabba vey moment...coiling his hand around her waist was sensuous! 
Am totally loving it and before I go on and on , going to stop here and just say it was absolutely mindblowing! See one words could have been enough!
Edited by vandana.sagar - 10 years ago
Aparamegha thumbnail
" ami tomaro songe bedhechhi amaro pran shurer badhone" ( My heart is secured with yours my love in a musical garland"

New sensations, new emotions marking the beginning of a new dawn in their relationship..Just a little peck on the cheek has created such ripples of new feelings in Khushi's life...to see the affect that he has on his innocent wife has evoked a different cravings in Arnav's mind...one can definitely hear the music of love making its way towards their life

I was worried that Arnav might abandon Khushi in order to live the life he wants..but the way he thought about finishing his studies and get a decent job so that he can find a comfortable house for Khushi put my mind at rest...

What a beautiful update..have already read it three times...

Edited by Aparamegha - 10 years ago
Anupama. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Anu

i am really really stunned. You have written it with so much sensibility. The relationship , just not coz of the age difference but respective ages too, is difficult to write about. You have handled it with so much care and sensitivity!
That bedroom scene was really endearing as much as the knitted handkerchief. :) Edited by Anupama. - 10 years ago
Anarocksick thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 7
Jenny...I'm still in awe of the way you're writing this story. You have obviously read so much of that period, and know so much about the lifestyle, people there, that whatever you write, I want to believe. I know there are things in the story which are not exactly applicable or even accepted in the present day, but considering the time period the story is set in coupled with your beautiful writing, it makes total sense and a very pleasant read. 
This chapter was lovely. Loved how how you gave a little about Khushi's sister. I feel for her poor soul. She married so young. Died so young. Barely got to see her childhood. 
I feel a little bad for Pranab too. He's falling for Khushi and doesn't even know it. And it's heartbreaking to even think of his poor wife... who obviously is still quite young to understand anything. I just hope things go smoothly for them. 

Khushi lives for Arnav, I've realized. Her everything starts and ends at Arnav. She wants to do everything for him. And it's very important for her to get his approval. Loved how she made him a handkerchief with an 'A' written on it, and the way Arnavr received it was ever more cute. The kiss was so lovely and sweet! And I loved how you stopped it at the kiss. It's just not the time to take it to the next level now. She's so still so young.. so much time it took for her to realize her giddy feelings. Very, very sweet scene.

I'm pleasantly surprised to learn that Arnav is taking Khushi with him 😊

Edited by Anarocksick - 10 years ago