The Bride With A Doll..Thread#2/ Completed Arshi SS - Page 38

Posted: 10 years ago

Before anything  I should say this - Jenny , what ever may be the locale or era you take us there and make us feel the entire  sorroundings  :) I'm still devouring Landour of ALS and now you are succeeding in this story too :)

Khushi is going through lot many for her age as she is now trying to get rid of her childhood to become a woman to be with her husband .. poor thing , she is not left with any other choice other than this I guess  ..
Arnab wanted to give her 14 hr old wife her childhood and he was almost about to satify his frutstration using another younger girl .. what an irony !!!

The conversation between Arnab and Khushi was sooo cute !! it brought me wide smile on my face :)

Lovely update !!! Thanks for the PM :)

PS: I don't know about what your schedule looks like but I can't wait for the next update already  😉

Jenny..thx for your note...
Your expiations are very clear...

Very eager to see the progress of his understanding in their marriage...and his patience towards towards..Khushi!

Hey Jenny :)
Oh God. i ws so much relieved aftr readin abt Arnavz return frm dat godforsaken plc..n i cant help bt sympathaise the pool girl's efforts in becomin a 'woman'
**sigh** isnt it to b a natural process?!
Snatching away the childhood is a sin!!! bt wot to do.. uss zamane ki baat hai aur hum paida bhi nahi huye :(
grippin story dear :)Edited by kooldewdrop - 10 years ago
thanks for the clarifications jenny
Started reading this ff.
Liked the concept very much.
It's awesome.

Will comment after reading the 4 parts.
I never thought that Arnab going to that place was wrong. I want to believe that they have those places for men like Arnab who have need but sad thing is that men like Arnab dad also go there. I very happy that Arnab didn't go through with that girl because that will be so wrong for person like Arnab.
Arnab is 26 and have a wife whom he cant get any pleasure from and he is willing to wait but sometimes you cant control
desire and you can blame Arnab behaving like a human.
Sad thing is you cant blame the society either because the time was like that! Because now we call it child marriage is illegal and those people pedophiles does change anything because that time they did was normal.
I think my mom got married when she was 16 or 17 and my grandma got married when she was only 12! The time differents was from 1920 to 1960 0r 70 I guess but there was no big difference. Changes came very slowly with the society and people was just following it.
Wonderful story.
wow...it was great..
loved..
so thoroughly written..
:)
Originally posted by IPK007

Thanks dear for taking an interest in TBWD and for your long , detailed and heartfelt comment. I understand your feelings about the current track in the story :) Thanks for being so emotionally invested in this story. The scene where he goes to the tawaif house to indulge in his most basic desires was disturbing no doubt but very much a reality of those days. Those were the days when there was no dating, open relationships with people of the opp sex were frowned upon and men like Arnab who were married to 13-14 year olds had three choices..First.. to just force their wives to grow up..by having intercourse with them(commonest scenario...almost all of our great grandmoms were probabaly married off at this age and had kids soon after). Second, wait for their wives to grow up but succumb to their desires by visiting these places (second commonest scenario...which would have been the case in this story too, if Arnab hadn't discoved the age of the person he was about to have sex with)... Or the third scenario, which my idealistic mind (and yours) wishes had happened all the time...Arnab curbing his desires and waiting for his wife to grow up a little..
[DIV]In this story...Arnab will fall somewherein the category between 2. and 3...because like I had always maintained that he wasn't a typical young man of his times. But he wasn't perfect either..:) He succumbed to temptation but wasn't at peace with his decision.. and when he was saved just in time..(from being unfaithful to Khushi), he was relieved. This relief is what makes him different from his contemporaries..:)
Hope this helped...:)

thanks a lot for ur reply😊

ab mein kya bolu!!!😳

i know this was common back then. i even read a novel whr a 25 year old man marries a 10 year old girl...its really hard to digest😕 n about the tawaif part...being a bengali book read i m quite familier wid these things. but they never cease to amaze me. i hav read books whr there r men of all those 3 catagories. first 2 catagories alys terrify me n abt the last one they r far better than many men of these days n those days😕

plzzz dont thank u me...ek bada wala THANK YOU...for u 😳
u replied me...now m mast😃

my own grandmother got married at 15...my grandfather was 28! my dad was born whn she was 18.
lol...my granny teases me that nobody ll marry me as i hav crossed the age!! who wants to marry a buddhi!!😳
loved it!
isnt arnab,supposed to Be Arnav?
OMGGG...the last thing was soo hilarious...
wonderfullly written dear...each detail is just mind blowing...

thnks for the Pm...