The Bride With A Doll..Thread#2/ Completed Arshi SS - Page 14

Posted: 10 years ago
I really liked your story! The contrast between the maturity levels of Arnab and the childish love that Khushi has for him are so cute <3 I love how while you spin your story, you bring up ideas and societal norms of that time and how while they were considered right, it truly wasn't. I really appreciate how Arnab sees Khushi as more that someone that can cook for him and have his children-he sees her as her own person, and thats what causes him to view her with such protectiveness. He wants her to have a fulfilling childhood, and doesn't want to be the reason why her childhood would be stolen from her.

I'm not too sure how I feel about Arnab's mother. While in the beginning I felt that she was in a way a victim to her husbands ostentatious behavior and his dallying of pleasures, she is so unfair to Khushi! That's probably just the feminist in me speaking though-it would probably be expected of Khushi to stop playing with her dolls by that age. I love Thammi! She's such an awesome character :) I bet Khushi truly feels as though she's the second mother to her, especially after her own mother died. My heart broke a bit when at the end of last chapter, when Khushi asks Thammi how one becomes a woman. Poor Khushi, she was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time! Arnab must have truly scarred her innocence with his words as well-it wasn't as though it was her fault! Stupid Parbati.

And Arnab! I can't believe you ended the chapter at such a cliff hanger! You've made it pretty clear that he doesn't approve of his father's visits of the brothels of Calcutta, and his indulgence in such activities. I think he's going to come back isn't he? He won't be able to go through with an act of spending the night with a woman, because then where would he be different than his father? Especially because he wants to be seen a revolutionary, one that truly struggles for the New India. So enthralling! Can't wait for the next update!

come back soon jenny...

these 6 days would seem like ages...
ohhh long wait but no worries..
enjoy :)
Hav a great break yaar ! Wll be waiting
No worries. Will wait.
Thanks for the note.
will miss you!

but I am glad we will have 10-12 parts for this story :)
ur a wonderful writer...I'm just sad that I discovered u so late...love this story and all you other writing I have read so far
Congo on the new thread. Have a nice break
Enjoy your break.
Will read your other stories in the meantime.

Read the teaser oh, Khushi is trying to act like a grown up by giving away her favorite doll. Eagerly waiting for the update Hey, when are you planning post the next chapter?

Just read the note. Take your time, will wait for your update. Edited by pinkly - 10 years ago