Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pussycat thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Its indeed a great post... we have really forgotten the sacrifices made by our forefathers to give us the comfort we are enjoying today...In fact I am ashamed of myself sometimes that I too had not contributed anything significant towards my country where my own family members had contributed so much for giving us the much coveted freedom .. 
Jan50 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Good post. Freedom struggle taught something to the people of that generation. The first decade after independence, people strived for something. There were honest leaders. But unfortunately those very
 leaders became power crazy, promoting only their own kids as future leaders. They misused their
Popularity for their own benifits. In addition, they were isolated from the world and ignorant of the
Realities of the world. We called ourselves democratic but it was not really practiced. Too much
Hero worshipping of one family that prevented the real talent from other pools coming up.
I compare india with China, and Korea. Too many public sectors which are used by the politicians 
Like it is their personal property. Unfortunately people are not empowered in India like other democracies. But one good news, we cant get any more worse. We have reached the nadir. So
We can only improve. So i am still optimistic.
Sneha.Love thumbnail

Originally posted by: ilove..sidyusha

Our teacher always said that we should give one day for our country in everymonth

We just  blame the government
But we do nothing
We do not vote in elections , 
don't follow traffic rules 

We promote corruption by bribing.

Beautiful thread ManuπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘.

I guess the things you are all talking about are common for other countries too. I know for my country (Serbia) people always complain about results of election, but they never go to cast their votes, thinking it will not change anything. They tend to bribe all public servants for even the smallest  things, and later complain about corruption. They are not following traffic rules till someone they know die in the traffic. We tend to follow the rules and regulations only after they hit us strong on our head!

They also tend to blame government, and politician (well they do bear a lots of responsibility, as well as a guilt) but it is always more easier to lay a blame on somebody else for everything that is not good in our lives.

We should learn to take a blame on oneself, for not voting, for continuously giving bribe everywhere, for not speaking when we see something wrong is going on, or not acting upon things when  we witness some wrongdoings.
Only when we change ourselfs the sociary around us will start  to change as well. So I agree with Vibha as well as with JFK , it is not question what your country could do for you, but what you can do for your country. And you can do a lot, just need to start doing it.

And to talk about change, discuss about it, think about it, is the first step toward actually do it.
That is why your thread is great, you are a passionate girl who love and care for her country and is trying  to change something. And the more people think about it and do the same, the better.πŸ˜›
lovesunshine thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Our teacher always said that we should give one day for our country in everymonth

We just  blame the government
But we do nothing
We do not vote in elections , 
don't follow traffic rules 

We promote corruption by bribing.

yes thats true we should do something for our country .. i did by moving out of it πŸ˜‰ (just trying to joke and make everyone's mood lighter, dont take me wrong )
Sneha.Love thumbnail

Nowadays honest person is considered an Idiot.

nobody respects him

I have to tell you Manu, there is so much similarity between our countries.
Here, there is a saying: "Good person and stupid one are  brothers" because nowadays it is not
popular to be good and honest person, in society where everyone whiteness how some people
gain their wealth, bearing no consequences for their wrongdoings.

There is another saying" If you steal goods worth few dinars (our currency) you will go to jail, but if you steal something worth millions of dinars, you will go to Ibiza."
seetha74 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Jan50

Good post. Freedom struggle taught something to the people of that generation. The first decade after independence, people strived for something. There were honest leaders. But unfortunately those very

leaders became power crazy, promoting only their own kids as future leaders. They misused their
Popularity for their own benifits. In addition, they were isolated from the world and ignorant of the
Realities of the world. We called ourselves democratic but it was not really practiced. Too much
Hero worshipping of one family that prevented the real talent from other pools coming up.
I compare india with China, and Korea. Too many public sectors which are used by the politicians 
Like it is their personal property. Unfortunately people are not empowered in India like other democracies. But one good news, we cant get any more worse. We have reached the nadir. So
We can only improve. So i am still optimistic.

Yes Jan...then there were honest politicians  who were  involved in freedom struggle. They were very much aware of the value of the  freedom, because they know what  the slavery is ...what  the deprivation of freedom of speech is . Today  we have  enormous  freedom..to be frank , more than what it is required...media is playing  like a puppet  in the hands of political parties...not giving the actual picture  of the realities. We the INDIANS need some discipline.
onlinebuddy75 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Yes I am PROUD to be an INDIAN.

As it is said charity starts from house same goes with other things also.

People in government or politics are few among us they are no aliens. If we want anything to change we need to initiate the change.

1 We litter on road and complain Government does not keep the city clean.
2. We do not vote and complain that we don't get good Government.
3. We reach at the end of line and bribe the peon to get us ahead in line.
4. We teach our kids that License is not necessary and you can drive before 18 yrs of age.
5. We dont have proper docs and bribe the traffic police to let us off and feel proud doing so.
6. Most  Imp we differentiate among our kids saying A Boy is superior then girl , which they try to prove in public.

We need to reform our homes first, if the base is strong the government and country both will be strong.

In-spite all this still India is growing strong and getting all the World attention.

"No Country is perfect, people staying there make it PERFECT"

dailysoap..fan thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Nice post &
nice response 
_Manali_ thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: nandita.jana

good post...πŸ‘

i really want to appreciate you for your thought..πŸ€—

Thank you so much Nandita...πŸ€—
Chinmay92 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Very nice post and really we are prooud to be indian's.