Posted: 10 years ago
Close
Like what you're reading?
There's more of this! And the latest in Entertainment, News, Lifestlye & Sports on Indiatimes
Read More
Stay connected with us for the latest updates!

Shahrukh Khan's Chennai Express Breaks Ek Tha Tiger's Box Office Record In 7 Days

By IndiaTimes | August 16, 2013, 11:17 am IST - Posted 2 hours ago Bollywood
Chennai Express

Shah Rukh Khan's Chennai Express has joined the 150 Crore club in India by the end of its first week, and is way past the 200 Crore mark in its overall worldwide tally.

According to trade analysts this means Chennai Express has beaten the record held by Salman Khan's Ek Tha Tiger; which reached the Rs 150 Crore figure in 9 days, as compared to Chennai Express which has taken only 7 days.

The film got a big jump on Independence Day and has reportedly collected close to Rs 19-20 Crore on Thursday.

After a long time a Shah Rukh Khan film is trending well at single screens and the film is enjoying tremendous support from the masses.

Chennai Express is sure to surpass Dabangg 2 and become the fourth biggest hit of all time. Post that begins yet another test for Rohit Shetty's Chennai Express, as the top three slots on the all time box-office charts are occupied by 3 Idiots, Ek Tha Tiger and Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani. All three films have collected Rs 180 Crore plus on the domestic box office.

Meanwhile Akshay Kumar's Once Upon Ay Time In Mumbai Dobaara got the advantage of a limited release, and collected very good numbers on its first day. However it remains to be seen, how well the film sustains post Friday, as the shows and screen count will increase.

This is gonna be fun and its only just begining

Historic first week for CE now we will see if the film can break the final result

Yay! We even crossed Ready!
I'm still shocked that this would be Srks first all time grosser

Thought he would have more ...

Salman , Aamir , sunny , Hrithik all did

Anyway eating to see if it crosses YJHD , ETT and 3 I
Originally posted by VictorLordJr

I

Anyway eating to see if it crosses YJHD , ETT and 3 I

Eating? Kya kha rahe ho? πŸ˜†
^^^Dont underestimate the power of a superstar.πŸ˜† SRK's other films are even bigger hits than CE if you see the impact but those were more than 5 years ago and since then business has changed.
SRK wasnt doing massy enough films since OSO hence his films were not doing as well as other stars who were doing massy subjects. This time he did a massy film coupled with a holiday release and it worked for him.
Originally posted by HotMess

Eating? Kya kha rahe ho?πŸ˜†

iPhone is outta control lol πŸ˜• πŸ˜• sorry
I did not liked ETT😈

LUNGI DANCE

Originally posted by MrsMalhotra

^^^Dont underestimate the power of a superstar.πŸ˜† SRK's other films are even bigger hits than CE if you see the impact but those were more than 5 years ago and since then business has changed.
SRK wasnt doing massy enough films since OSO hence his films were not doing as well as other stars who were doing massy subjects. This time he did a massy film coupled with a holiday release and it worked for him.

I don't if that was aimed at me

But all I said was I'm shocked that if this film crosses 3 idiots It would only be the first time Srk started in the biggest hit ever . I thought I read somewhere DDLJ and OSO broke all records as well . But I guess I was wrong