Posted: 10 years ago
Hey guys, I just wanted to know if anyone knows why the show might change its name and what's the reason? And what's the reason to change the characters names and script? its going all fine so why? 

i dont get it are they still changing it?
Originally posted by Mayur44

i dont get it are they still changing it?

i think so

they are changing the name of the show and the character because rajputs are protesting against the show
and claim that it i offensive to rajputs
Originally posted by nesrina

they are changing the name of the show and the character because rajputs are protesting against the show
and claim that it i offensive to rajputs

Oh okay, and is it conformed that this is happening ? and why are they protesting ? 

Oh okay, and is it conformed that this is happening ? and why are they protesting ? 

From what I understand from the video, it's not confirmed. Rather it's just being "considered" by the producers and they "will do everything they can." The protestors in the video seem to object to the show because there was no such person as Jodha in Akbar's time.

What I  don't understand is - instead of their delicately worded disclaimer about making 'uchit' changes and not wanting to hurt anyone's feelings, can't they run the show with a huge blinking disclaimer that "this is all fiction, not real history"??? I mean why is it important to be able to claim that "this is based on a real story"?
Edited by dekhiki - 10 years ago
Originally posted by dekhiki

From what I understand from the video, it's not confirmed. Rather it's just being "considered" by the producers and they "will do everything they can." The protestors in the video seem to object to the show because there was no such person as Jodha in Akbar's time.

IWhat  don't understand is - instead of their delicately worded disclaimer about making 'uchit' changes and not wanting to hurt anyone's feelings, can't they run the show with a huge blinking disclaimer that "this is all fiction, not real history"??? I mean why is it important to be able to claim that "this is based on a real story"?

oh okay thanks and yea i remember they said its a fiction story so they should have a problem 
but was jodha akbar a real story?  Edited by Mayur44 - 10 years ago

but was jodha akbar a real story? 

i guess that's debatable? but if you accept the claim that there was no such person as jodha when akbar lived, then you can conclude that it wasn't a real story. instead, a richly entertaining fiction!