Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Che.Guevara thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Boxofficedetail ?@boxofficedetail

Exclusive.. #ChennaiExpress has decent to v.good jump in eve across the board.. Will give early estimates soon.. Keep connected..

πŸ₯³
Che.Guevara thumbnail
Here's How Much YJHD, Ek Tha Tiger And 3 Idiots Collected After 10 Days!

Posted by: indicine on August 19, 2013 in Movies Leave a comment 250 views 0

An article by Indicine reader Anupama – She predicts the lifetime collections of Chennai Express based on the trends of the previous 3 biggest hits of Bollywood – 3 Idiots, Ek Tha tiger and Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani.

1) Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani collected Rs 134.95 crores in 10 days, which is 71.432% of its total lifetime collections of Rs 188.92 . If you go by that and assume 181.92 is Chennai Express' 71.4% of its total collections it should have a lifetime collection of 228.3 crores.

2) Ek Tha Tiger collected Rs 158.71 crores in 10 days, which is 79.67% of its lifetime collections of 199.2 crores. If you apply these figures to Chennai Express it should earn 217 crore in its lifetime.

3) 3 Idiots had a 10day collection of 113.5 crores and a lifetime collections of 202.5 crores which means it earned 56% of its collections in 10 days. If you apply this and assume that 10day collection of Chennai Express (181.92) is 56.049% of its lifetime collections, CE should earn 324.57 crores in its lifetime.

Out of the above three movies, 3 Idiots was the most liked film with excellent word of mouth, also it released on about half the screens so the number of people who watched the film in the first 10 days was much lower. The way 3 Idiots trended, none of the other movies have. It put up record collections in its second week (46 crore) and third week (21.65 crore). The word-of-mouth for Chennai Express isn't close to as good as 3 Idiots, and the drops during the working days was also much higher. Plus, lifetime collection of 324.57 crores is ridiculous. So it's out.

Out of my above mentioned 3 predictions in the worst case scenario it has a chance of earning 217 crores total. This is going by the trends of Ek Tha Tiger. If Chennai Express does as well as YJHD did, it could earn atleast 230 crores.

http://live.indicine.com/heres-how-m...after-10-days/

Good article.

nitish95 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
thank u karan for the article
so we can expect 220 lifetime
DB_reloaded thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: KARAN888

Boxofficedetail ?@boxofficedetail

Exclusive.. #ChennaiExpress has decent to v.good jump in eve across the board.. Will give early estimates soon.. Keep connected..

πŸ₯³

it should be around 3.5cr
Che.Guevara thumbnail

Originally posted by: nitishkumar1995

thank u karan for the article
so we can expect 220 lifetime

Arey Yaar lets get the 200 cr first πŸ˜‰  but i hope so most of the sites are saying 210 Cr Lifetime lets see.
Che.Guevara thumbnail

Originally posted by: DB_reloaded

it should be around 3.5cr

4 πŸ˜‰ 
MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

4.5 πŸ˜ƒ

humanspirit thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

All of you are wrong...its gonna be 3.79 cr...
nitish95 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: KARAN888

Arey Yaar lets get the 200 cr firstπŸ˜‰ but i hope so most of the sites are saying 210 Cr Lifetime lets see.

wo kya hain mere expectations from srk movies always I said only 220 I hope for 250 I know it is not possible but
badtameez dil maane na
Che.Guevara thumbnail

Originally posted by: nitishkumar1995

wo kya hain mere expectations from srk movies always I said only 220 I hope for 250 I know it is not possible but
badtameez dil maane na

It will touch the 200 Cr the only Q is when πŸ˜•