Chennai Express (VI) - Reviews/BO Updates! - Page 23

Posted: 10 years ago
Originally posted by hardyboy09

10.50 cr according to Boxoffice capsule πŸ˜³

Wow πŸ‘
How much is that in total from India?
OKAAAY. I watched CE a few hours ago but just got home and I shall write a review soon BUT I LOVED IT! It was such a fun movie! πŸ˜ƒ

It isn't deep or too emotional; or 100% logical... but it never promised to be any of those. It was just pure entertainment and I enjoyed it wholeheartedly. ^^
Originally posted by StevieG786

How much is that in total from India?

156cr till thursday by UTV
145 by BOI
Wait so from Wikipedia I read the highest grossers through history

Kismet
Barsaat
Awara
Aan
Shree 420
Mother india
M-E-L
Sholay
HAHK
Gadar
Dhoom 2
Ghajini
3 idiots

Now maybe would be Chennai Express

What a monumental achievement

Also why is Gadar on that list
πŸ˜† πŸ˜†Edited by VictorLordJr - 10 years ago
Guys any update on friday collections
Originally posted by VictorLordJr

Wait so from Wikipedia I read the highest grossers through history

Kismet
Barsaat
Awara
Aan
Shree 420
Mother india
M-E-L
Sholay
HAHK
Gadar
Dhoom 2
Ghajini
3 idiots

Now maybe would be Chennai Express

What a monumental achievement

Also why is Gadar on that list
πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

lolz u use wiki for films collectionsπŸ˜†πŸ˜† its evn more untrusted twitter BO figures
Guys in rajasthan, ouatimd release in ban. So be happy all of u πŸ˜‰ .
Originally posted by Sarunpassion

Guys in rajasthan, ouatimd release in ban. So be happy all of u πŸ˜‰ .
bt it was sorted out in the thurs afternoon shows!!!
Was this a surprise or what? Even with SRK in this movie...I did not expect to like this movie. I liked two songs from the album...just two. That was a let down. Lungi dance grew on me because its so catchy, but it still isn't anything i would say "i like this" to. But this movie...definitely a "i like this." (:

Read lots of reviews on how this was a "clean" family entertainer. So, with my fingers crossed, i took my whole family. There wasn't one member that didn't enjoy the film. We were laughing and having fun. A really cute, light hearted movie. An all out Rohi Shetty movie WITH Shahrukh Khan-ness. (; And it worked for me and my family like magic. Its has silly gags, car smashing stunts, the reference to previous SRK movie, SRK in an action avatar, Deepika's delightful presence...its all just flows together wonderfully. Romance, humor, drama, action. It's all there. And needless to say, loved Deepika-SRK chemisty. Deepika really made a good impression on me in the movie. She was fab. And SRK, as always. <3

Yes, as a movie buff, i would have liked to have more story depth and character development and blah blah blah. There are only a few, and i repeat, FEW movies of this genre that i like. I am glad to say Chennai Express is in that list. And a big chuck of the reason why is Rohit Shetty. During the phase (still going on, but whatever) of "brain-less action movies" the only one that i absolutely adored was Singham...another Rohit Shetty film. The guy knows his craft, that's for sure. Not saying he doesn't fail, but he knows how to tug the right strings. He scored major points from me with CE. For a logic-less movie, this was a damn good one. It was so nice to sit and watch with the family. Glad to finally be able to watch a masala movie with all ages around me.

Give this one a try. πŸ‘πŸΌ
Get on the train, baby.
3/5
I should actually give an extra .5 for the singing dialogues. πŸ˜† Loved those...why the hell not. 3.5. πŸ˜†