Chat Clubs

The Fifth Black Hole :-D ~INVITES ONLY~ - Page 96

AllThingsNice thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
This content was originally posted by: Heema22

Yesterday I was too tired to say anything about my"  euthanasia " 
I know Kanan will ask about it too.

This weak was the most   Challenging    week of my professional life. I found taking oral boards was easier so you know the depth  of my fear . This wasn't fear of failing because I am not fearful of failing I know I have limitations . It was fear of loosing control and being disrespectful to students . I hate that .. I had so many encounters with lawyers and I have lots of bottled up anger . I never lost court case and never did any mistake on operating table but they have made my  life missable .our  Hospital and  department with excellent reputation but trauma department has high mortality rate  due to nature of the field I just didn't want to displaced my anger on future lawyers and get defensive . I made this very clear to Lynne . I want to stay offensive which is my nature and not judge these innocent  students.
      On Monday we came to know we will face 250  future lawyers . Only 50 ladies in the  audience .  this wasn't good Two very successful ladies presenting to mostly egotistic men . So we force Steave and Neil . ( groom from Rhode Island wedding )no time for them for prep .but we provide needed info  to  them . we were dress to kill just like lawyers and not like over exhausted doctors .

Lynne presented anatomy . I did normal and abnormal physiology .Steve  did slide presentation on brain dead people and Neil did presentation on Brain cancer .
    I opened up the session I introduced myself ( we always do that . No one says any thing about us ). minute I finished one smart ass asked me to describe my self .
  So I told him I am very simple person with simple thinking who got in to very complicated field of medicine who has passion for very controversial subject like " murdering some one who  brain dead who is not in pain which is known Euthanasia  .and he really loved it . He was my friend from start . But Lynne hated that question ,I heard .Lynne muttering  "Schmuck" .thank God , her microphone was not on . She was next presenter . 

We kept the lecture as lectures and didn't open for Q and A  till after lunch . we needed to regroup and get our thoughts together .

Q and A was surprisingly pleasant  but went on till 5 PM . 8 to 5 was longest seminar I have  ever done . they asked very good questions mostly on medicine . Ethics .  Working against  families , no code . living will . and methods used  and about our feeling and  conscious   And guilt .

They asked me how do I know ,  That person is not in pain.and what right I have to tell family " it's time " 

So without getting angry, defensive , or rude we all did very well .many questions were fair . No religious fanatics no lunatic . We only get them in meds school . I had encounter with my rude  lawyers son . We were waiting to see if he had   violated HIPPA he did but the kid was just too good so we ignored it .I hope , we will nnot regrets our  mistake but we shouldn't hold any grudges. His father is a  jerk not not him . 
  Long rant . BTW Shama came over and sat In for entire session. ( last time my husband   snuck   in ). She told me that "I was too easy on these  future basters " what can I say. Hoping for the best for all of us.

You sure had fun...8-5 in front of a 250 strong audience??!! I doff my hat (wish there was a proper emoticon for this).

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Heema22 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Hey Kanan !!!🤗  How is Hydrabad ? Any news about our Pearls? Looks like Dia want black pearls . Looks like you are busy . I was going to tell you to go see few of our forum buddies in  Hyderabad . 
 I posted  the link . Did you see it? I found it my chance  !!! But you din't show up yesterday . 
Edited by Heema22 - 10 years ago
AllThingsNice thumbnail

Answer  to PM is yes . I have lost interest too. Only for fun !! But it might get old too.

BTW my sister is watching Ankha  micholi . It's very early on TV . I am either cooking or cleaning so I get to see few things , but that show is better and more realistic . Grandmas are better . lead is older and not perfect . She makes mistakes . Her husband  HIV victim committed suicide . more realistic . I love the girls . 

It's hard to find good stuff on TV . All Mataji in making . That show Kanan and saumya watches  will be back . 3 rd season new story . May be we should give them company . I really need something !! American TV new  season started so it helps . 

I only watched Season 1 through till the end. The show lost its way completely towards the end. Did not watch Season 2 at all and Saumya was pretty disappointed - vehemently so - with the second season. Anyway, I doubt anything on TV is worthwhile, so it really doesn't matter what you use to escape from real life. ðŸ˜ƒ

AllThingsNice thumbnail

Hey Kanan !!!🤗  How is Hydrabad ? Any news in our Pearls? Looks like Dia want black pearls . Looks like you. Are busy . I was going to tell you to go see few if our forum buddies in  Hyderabad . 

I posted  the link . Did you see it? I found it my chance  !!! But you din't show up yesterday . 

Heema ðŸ¤— 🤗 How you doing?

Your and Dia's pearls are resting safely in the jeweler's shop 😆  

In the two days that we have been in office, for most of the day, we are in meetings that are mostly unproductive. After that, we get into calls for other ongoing projects that are being executed in Bombay. One of my calls is going to start in the next ten minutes, so will dump you unceremoniously. Sorry about that!

Who do you want me to meet? I know Preethiji is from Hyderabad. Who else?

AllThingsNice thumbnail

Kanan,,

I was not looking for our first interactions .some one PM me and ask me for one of my post . She said she  was divorced at age 22 and reason for her divorce was she had no idea what marriage was all about and thought it was only romance  and every day honeymoon . Her daughter was getting married and she wanted to teach her right thing and she remember  reading about my post about love in marrige and with my permission she wanted to send it over to her daughter. She wasn't able to find it and asked me to find it . I knew that was your thread ( who else will make that thread ) I went looking and I found that thread . It was interesting our first conversation.I also found the thread you are looking for .

I have seen Chitachore . And I loved it . I love that song . My father used to sing it . We wanted to know  our parents love story .we knew both Maushi were involved . But they refused to tell us and asked us to wait for  right time . When I was old enough and had guts to asked this questions I did and got some story out of them ! 

I am posting our fight .long time back , I know Dia had express interest. This is  when I asked you to switch Chanel . This was the only thread was closed by Sano 

I am sure ,  you knew that this thread was victim of forum politics and you were in the middle . Every one was bashing Rishi  for romancing Zara . I never like that romance or that dance but I was so pissed at some Bhaktt that I retaliated . That was fun . Have fun reading .

Marriage! Will be PMing you about someone. Someday. ðŸ˜›

Edit: This thread was my first classic one! Unforgettable! For all the wrong reasons...

Edited by AllThingsNice - 10 years ago
Heema22 thumbnail
Don't tip your hats yet , this is just the beginning . Now dean of the schools  will demand more . I was just happy that I didn't loose it and kept my emotions to myself and I was totally under control . I knew one thing . I was the core of the group   , if I had lost control and  and displaced my anger ,others who also hate lawyer would have too,. then the audience had reason to lash at us and I didn't want the war in the classroom . Lots of questions . Lots of legal issues and moral and ethics questions so it was  fair . It's huge controversial issue . No one want to touch it but it's needed .  I was very emotionally exhausted . But it's over for this year !!do you like to give  public speeches ? 
Heema22 thumbnail
Prithy and Nikhila for Hydrabad .
  Look like your are having fun in Hydrabad .
  Nothing good on tv . Me and Dia got on one forum just for  fun. Dia  as usual  rocking it . I love her "Panjabi Tadaka "" lal mirchi ke sath lagati hein !  So we had some fun . 
  Your thread was classic .you know the fact that Sano personally PM members to edit their comments . So this is diluted. You were caught in the middle . They just wanted to bring SV down . I love when you said I will not apologize for my stance  . I remember laughing at your sentence . I think that when I Started to like you . I love people with spunk !!

Edited by Heema22 - 10 years ago
AllThingsNice thumbnail

Don't tip your hats yet , this is just the beginning . Now dean of the schools  will demand more . I was just happy that I didn't loose it and kept my emotions to myself and I was totally under control . I knew one thing . I was the core of the group   , if I had lost control and  and displaced my anger ,others who also hate lawyer would have too,. then the audience had reason to lash at us and I didn't want the war in the classroom . Lots of questions . Lots of legal issues and moral and ethics questions so it was  fair . It's huge controversial issue . No one want to touch it but it's needed .  I was very emotionally exhausted . But it's over for this year !!do you like to give  public speeches ? 

Yep, it is a controversial topic. I saw Dia's rant too! ðŸ˜† Euthanasia is practised. On the sly and many times with the consent of the family. In my own extended family, there have been cases where the immediate family gave their consent to remove life support. Just that its not on paper and its not legal and nobody talks about it within the family. And when we do overhear whispers, it almost seems like they are labeling it as murder. Its a tough call to take, really. Had written a lot more, but most of it was irrelevant, so took it off. Complex issue.

AllThingsNice thumbnail

Prithy and Nikhila for Hydrabad .

Look like your are having fun in Hydrabad .
  Nothing good on tv . Me and Dia got on one forum just for  fun. Dia  as usual  rocking it . I love her "Panjabi Tadaka "" lal mirchi ke sath lagata hey !  So we had some fun . 
  Your thread was classic .you know the fact that Sano personally PM members to edit their comments . So this is diluted. You were caught in the middle . They just wanted to bring SV down . I love when you said I will not apologize for my stance  . I remember laughing at your sentence . I think that when I Started to like you . I love people with spunk !!

Acha, you'll are haunting that Jee le...forum? ðŸ˜† Carry on...have fun. Relive the HD forum moments! 

Sano had that kind of energy?? Awesome!

Nikhila too?? Something made me think she was from Bombay. Anyway...

Yes, I remember I said that to you. 😃 And there was a minor disagreement with Roshni also. 

AllThingsNice thumbnail

Bye Heema, got to go now. Will see you sometime this week whenever I get by. This has been, by far, the slowest moving CC in Black Hole history. Kuch karna padega.

Hugs ðŸ¤— ðŸ¤— Take care.

Dia...you too take care ðŸ¤— ðŸ¤—