Posted: 10 years ago

At the starting, Casanova don't care.

"Hey Gorgeous, can you help me a little?"

He leaned against the pillar near the girl and said in his most charming voice. The voice which melted every girl and quickened their heartbeats. Who cares if he hadn't used it for a while? It wasn't any less effective than it was almost two years ago.

"Yeah, what?"

The girl turned to face him and took a concerned step towards him. He felt some students turn back and glance at them; wondering why the always handsome but never the flirt RJ of Imperial Radio Show was stirring up a not-so-formal conversation with a girl two years his senior? But he didn't care. Ranveer Shergill didn't give a damn what others thought of him!

"I've heard that kisses can heal any wound and I'm hurting a lot..." He took her hand and pulled her a little closer, feeling a little happy as her eyes registered the meaning behind his words.

"Really? And where is this little guy hurting?"

Tit for tat. Oh he always liked this type of girls! Taking a deep breathe, he brought her hand to his chest and stared directly into her eyes as he leaned in closer, bringing his seductive lips near her ear and whispering, "Everywhere."

The girl giggled and he pulled back, answering her giggle with a grin and feeling, more than seeing, her give in to his approaches.

"Well then we must not delay. This seems like a serious case and delay can cause some serious consequences which we don't want now, do we?" The girl shifted to give herself some more appeal and he didn't let her effort go to waste. The way he looked at her would've made any decent girl blush.

Decency was never Ranveer Shergill's type.

"As much as I would love to oblige, our Censorship Board is getting a little strict. So, how about we go somewhere private?"

"Sure. I'll just go make an excuse so my friends won't worry. Meet you on the stairs in five minutes, kay?"

"For you, I could wait an eternity." He winked at her and she left after caressing his cheek with her long finger. As he watched her leave, he noticed the extra swing in her walk and smirked to himself. The smirk was still on his lips when he caught the sight of a girl looking at him from the far end of the corridor and his cheek started to burn with the pain that the caress hadn't quite soothed. The smirk went away replaced by something cold and he turned around to leave, without saying a word or expressing any reaction.

And he came face to face with another girl.

The cold was now replaced by something warm but a little distant as this girl first looked at the retreating girl with the swingy walk, then at the girl whom he had just avoided and then at him. And like he expected, there was no question in her glance and no complain in her smile.

"Raat ko cook ko mana karna kuch banane se. Mom made Biryani and I'll bring it over. Wo khaenge, then some ice cream and maybe we'll go on a drive. Bohat din hogaye Mumbai ki raat enjoy nahin ki!" She smiled that warm smile of hers and chirped. A smile so contagious that he couldn't help smiling back and nodding in reply.

"Chal bye! Class hai!" Patting him swiftly on his arm, she rushed away and he watched her go.

"What are you looking at?"

A seducing voice said from behind him and he sighed, putting his game face on.

"Nothing, this pain is getting to me."

"Well then let's not delay, shall we? Trust me, I have many ways that'd make you feel at the top of the world."

He only smirked as she led the way. He glanced back and saw the girl frozen on the spot where he had first seen her that day. As their eyes met, she looked away, wiping her tear stained cheeks. And he just rolled his eyes.

Ranveer Shergill loathed girls who cried like that.

But at the end of the day...

"Biryani and then ice cream! Yehi tou hai asli life!"

He said out loud as he finished his third helping of ice cream and spread his legs comfortably over the stairs and stared up at the night sky of Mumbai. He knew that the girl was looking at him seriously and he knew he couldn't avoid the subject any more.

"She slapped me...because she thought I brought her to my house with all the wrong intentions."

The voice was nothing more than a murmur but he knew she heard and he knew she was still listening. She always did.

"I don't think I am complaining. I should've seen it coming. Once the bad guy, always the bad guy, right?" He chuckled and looked at his side. The girl sat once step above his, her face resting on her closed fist as she looked at him with nothing but understanding. If only she knew how precious she seemed to him whenever she looked at him like...

"Does it hurt?"

"The cheek? No."

"And the heart?"

"Not much except I can't help wishing it wasn't there...it always worked for me. Thinking with the brain rather than the heart. Twice I thought with it, twice I was hurt. Ab no more. I'm done Moti..."

Silence.

Then he felt two soft arms go around his neck as his best friend hugged him and rested her head against his. He didn't say anything but touched her hand which rested on his shoulder and gave it an assuring squeeze.

"I'm here, you know that?"

She whispered in his ear and he closed his eyes as something stung in them. As he nodded, the tear slid down his cheek and he shifted more comfortably in her embrace and let her gently rock him.

"I'd have died if I didn't have you..."

His reply was nothing more than a barely audible whisper but he knew she heard it.

She always did.

...he was just a lonely man wanting to be loved.

*~*

Everyone is writing OSs so maine bhi likh dala 😆
Biwi (Pree to you guys) told me to write a sadist type OS to blurt out all my annoyance but I ended up writing this. The other day I was reading my MOTW thread (the first one) and when I read my analysis of Ranveer Shergill there, I was nothing but proud seeing that boy become the man he is today. My first favorite character of the show and probably one of my most favorite characters in fiction ever! I know, not everyone likes him, love tou durr ki baat hai and of course everyone has preferences. But his faults and flaws have always made me love him. He has got me so emotionally involved with him that aaah...I can't get over him even if I want to
Okay this might turn into an essay soon so I'll stop it 😛
I'll dedicated this piece to Ranveer Shergill for making me love him successfully for over a year now and to Kunal Jaisingh for being the perfect Ranveer I could ever ask for!

Edited by spicySugar.. - 10 years ago
God Maisy.  .. . u never fail to touch me by ur writing skills. .
well the emotional gal I m I cudnt help but cry towards the end of it!!!
its written so well I could feel each and every moment. .
the transition from being a flirt to the Inner RV was just brilliantly portrayed.  .
n Pancchi's understanding is so well described
I sooo loved this. .
PS: write something on ViChi pretty plz!!!

Originally posted by -Serendipity-

God Maisy.  .. . u never fail to touch me by ur writing skills. .
well the emotional gal I m I cudnt help but cry towards the end of it!!!
its written so well I could feel each and every moment. .
the transition from being a flirt to the Inner RV was just brilliantly portrayed.  .
n Pancchi's understanding is so well described
I sooo loved this. .
PS: write something on ViChi pretty plz!!!

Aww! Rads!! 🤗
You know, I really wanted to see the glimpse of Casanova RV after that slap...it was a huge thing to be slapped by the girl he so obviously has deep feelings for her. But since I have zero faith in TBP's writing nowadays, I decided to write on it myself 😆
ViChi? Yaar not sure...I am not inspired enough but let's see 😛
OMG!!
Are you planning to kill me ladki?? 
That was so effin' good!! 

Unres!
Forever misunderstood character of TBP = Mr. Ranveer shergill. 
Although, he was even more misunderstood in season 1 than now, he still doesn't get his due credit as the complex character he is. I honestly empathize with ranveer more than any other character in TBP, even when I don't show my love for him that much. But, since he is the other half of Rahi, I automatically love him just as much, also because his character along with panchi's have had so much scope for growth that I can't help being so concerned for them as characters. Up until anand sir was here, we could clearly see that growth, they both had grown and matured immensely. I will keep this discussion limited to Ranveer since this os is about him, but as I was saying, this dude has always been misunderstood and never been appreciated enough for his good will and caring attitude towards others. Sure, He took panchi for granted in season 1 or even in season 2 sometimes, but don't you sometimes take the ones who are closest to you for granted? I know, I have done that to a certain degree all my life! But, when ranveer does it, he is judged so harshly by everyone! Nobody sees that lonely soul who is just looking for love and comfort. and If cvs are planning to go along with the veeni track, I will be forever disappointed with the fact that rukmini also failed to recognize and see that lonely ranveer inside of the facade he puts up. He just wants LOVE, he is not out to eat anyone! *sigh* I'm done with my rant!

On to your os, Seriously, I think you took this os to another level by focusing only on ranveer! The transition from the Casanova phase to that sensitive and heart broken phase was just so smooth and beautiful! I could literally imagine the two different ranveers infront of me, I could almost see that transformation. I think this is your best work in terms of that aspect, that transition for  me just stole the whole spotlight and made this piece utterly brilliant! 
The ranveer you portrayed in this os brought back all the memories of season 1, but than he had panchi by his side then, or atleast  in the end, he did. but, now? Who is with him? Ranveer needs panchi, there is not such intense need from panchi's side, but from ranveer's side, it's a definite need. He needs his best friend, who no matter what always understands him, who always knows what he is feelings and what goes on in his heart. but when cvs snatch away the very need that ranveer as a character has, how is that character supposed to sustain and grow? Now, that character is almost lost and all that character growth seems like utter waste. Therefore, I'm so glad that you concluded this heart break with rahi at their classic and comforting best, and with the line.."I'd have died if I didn't have you..." He really would have died, not physically, but mentally. I think at some point rahi need each other like water, they need each other to uplift each other's spirits, recharge, and just to do all the things that they can't do with normal people because their relationship is just that much deeper. and maybe even at some point, they are each other's foundation, so for their building to sustain, both need that foundation. In short, ranveer is a needy man (not in a negative connotation, more so in an emotional aspect), and he needs someone who gives him unconditional amount of love without expecting anything in return. It won't be even wrong to say that he needs that kind of unconditional love to fill up the void of not getting his parents' love when he was little. And the only one who can give him that kind of love is panchi! That is the whole freaking point that cvs won't show, or are incapable of showing. *sigh* Screw it!

*Just realizing how much I wrote* 
I totally went off on a different tangent, but your os just evoked such emotional response from me that I just couldn't help it. 
This one also managed to blow me out of the water, I swear I could go on all day long about this single piece, but I will just stop here for now. Brilliant Job done, Mais!
CVs should read this and get back to their senses because right now you seem to have a better character development in this single os of yours than their countless filler episodes. ðŸ˜³

Edited by coolpixie - 10 years ago
Originally posted by coolpixie

OMG!!
Are you planning to kill me ladki?? 
That was so effin' good!! 
Res. 
Sorry, I am only here for a short while, will try to come back and unres as soon as possible! 

hahaha, no! That was not my intention 😛
God, I hate res 😭
Come back soon!!!
Originally posted by spicySugar..

hahaha, no! That was not my intention 😛
God, I hate res 😭
Come back soon!!!

You know what? I'm back! Better do it now then later, also I just can't wait to assess it so I will just do it now. Await my comment for a bit. :))
Pix, are you alright? I am getting a little concerned :p i joke but such a lovely reply..i will reply to this tomorrow from PC..cell pe feel nahin ayegi.

Btw, i updated my OS list. You were asking for it so go read whatever you want...and comment if ya can..either on the os or pm :p
Originally posted by spicySugar..

Pix, are you alright? I am getting a little concerned :p i joke but such a lovely reply..i will reply to this tomorrow from PC..cell pe feel nahin ayegi.

Btw, i updated my OS list. You were asking for it so go read whatever you want...and comment if ya can..either on the os or pm :p

Alright? Sleep deprivation and stress does wonders for my psych. Lol
So, to answer your question, not in the most stable mindset but still very fired up about discussing TBP as you can see. Lol

And I will check out your os list when I have the time! Thank you for putting it in one place. ðŸ¤—
Edited by coolpixie - 10 years ago
Sadistic just doesn't seem you, Mais.
You don't have that streak...where you catch yourself having moments of pure pleasure as you see someone you dislike in pain..where seeing another person's tears makes you smile...and where you enjoy letting your words cut people...deep, so deep...

Too long.
I'll get back from school and comment.

Mugs.