Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Arshics thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: twila

@Hgg Bhaii...  

The original source being a classic piece of literature would naturally be highly refined ... the treatment would be subtle and nuanced ... while this being a TV Show , it requires drama and more drama for higher Visual Impact ... so from now on the differences in treatment shall be quite pronounced ...

and it was your Brilliant Exposition of the whole TRP game a few months back , which made me understand how Crucial the TRPs are for the SURVIVAL of any show ... so we may like it or not , but we have to accept that catering to the TRPs is a necessary Pre-Condition ... in fact the Primary condition on which the Survival itself of the show depends ...  it can not be wished away ... and we shall have to accept the compromises to be made for the show to stay afloat.

@ Kat ...  

Agree fully with you about Kumud's behaviour towards Saras and her lack of empathy for the Love of her life... Her continuing mantra of " Do Baar Dhokha ... " sounds incnongrous after the truth revelation of last Wednesday and next day's "Nayi  Subah ... "  when she accepted before the Gods that all her questions had been answered ... and she was going to make a new beginning after that  ' NAYa  SAVERAA ..." 

but unfortunately Kumud does not feel that despite Saras's repeated apologies ... his SINCERE repentance and his explanation of the situation that forced him into that  Illfated Telephone call , Saras also deserves a bit of consideration ... if nothing else just a bit of Civility .

We  can only wait and watch when will it be the time for a  " Nayi Subah " for Saras too.     😊  

infact we had a long discussion here on the CB thread on the same issue after last  Friday's episode .      😊

Great post from you twila. Yes TRPs are crucial, however, so is purity of the narrative. When you pick up a well known literary masterpiece, there is an obligation to that piece. 

That apart, there is a social responsibility that a leading channel must have ESP towards certain sensitive issues like DV. 

And a good balance of these three makes a great show. 

Somewhere that balance had been kept well so far. 

But yesterday, Dukhbas sudden change seemed to sacrifice the last two, in favour of just the first,.

As for Saras and Kumud and who is hurting more, I think the beauty of their relationship lies in this conflict. In the fact that they were both not at fault, yet they both were. 

So there, I am happy to be on a see saw, kabhi idhar. Kabhi udhar! 

He is her biggest problem, yet he is her only support too in BD mansion. 
happychappy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: arshicritic

As for Saras and Kumud and who is hurting more, I think the beauty of their relationship lies in this conflict. In the fact that they were both not at fault, yet they both were. 

So there, I am happy to be on a see saw, kabhi idhar. Kabhi udhar! 

He is her biggest problem, yet he is her only support too in BD mansion. 

@Bold Arshi you said it, that is the fulcrum of this see-saw...👏  

As I mentioned in my CB 14/08 post, this bitter-sweet "Eau d'SC" is the stuff that holds us in thrall, and episodes like yesterdays do nothing but introduce the *sniff-sniff* smell of TRP moolah into that precious formula.  It wont be the fragrance that it was, if this trend continues...

Another puzzle: This show also airs on DD with  a large non-cable audience (in an unusual arrangement bet DD and SP??) It also has re-runs on Star Utsav, even though it s only five months old... Are these hallmarks of unpopularity?? Why is it getting the step-child treatment?😕
Edited by happychappy - 10 years ago
Arshics thumbnail

@Bold Arshi you said it, that is the fulcrum of this see-saw...👏  

As I mentioned in my CB 14/08 post, this bitter-sweet "Eau d'SC" is the stuff that holds us in thrall, and episodes like yesterdays do nothing but introduce the *sniff-sniff* smell of TRP moolah into that precious formula.  It wont be the fragrance that it was, if this trend continues...

Another puzzle: This show also airs on DD with  a large non-cable audience (in an unusual arrangement bet DD and SP??) It also has re-runs on Star Utsav, even though it s only five months old... Are these hallmarks of unpopularity?? Why is it getting the step-child treatment?😕

I don't think it was so much an unpopularity issue, TRP, online viewership, viewership abroad are all healthy. Even a lot of celebrity interviews name this as a preferred show. 

I think issues seem to be over creative freedom and payments. So it's basically a divorce between sp and SLB over the two common reasons for any divorce - money and freedom to do your own thing! 

And then TRPs though not bad, are not  blockbuster either! So obviously, SLB may have lost ground there 
KK84 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I think it's the sheer expectations the show had opened with. for SP this was the one they wanted to be a blockbuster on the trp chart but for whatever reasons that didnt happen. Perhaps if they didnt have such massive expectations then such trp wudve been considered good!

Kumud saras can still be a see saw relationship but wud be nice to see some confrontation with herself that she loves him. We haven't really had any reflections from her about saras since the confession!

There's way too many loose ends and not enough time to correct all so it wud be interesting to see what new PH does now. I really think if the focus changes from kumud Pramad and saras just for some of the episode it would be a fresh breath seeing these guys again! They need to develop other characters as they all just a bit haphazardly placed without any substance to them.

For kumud honestly i just feel like saying change the record yaar! Kismat ka dosh, dhoka dhoka dhoka!! She has almost become that typical dukh Ki saathi heroine types!

Pataa nahi...I really want to be optimistic I do! And I hope something amazing happens! I won't be able to watch all the 10 million gaaliyaas aimed at saras when he enters desai house...this show is about him n I don't want to see some bechara pyar ka maraa no self respect left types...
Arshics thumbnail

Originally posted by: KK84

I think it's the sheer expectations the show had opened with. for SP this was the one they wanted to be a blockbuster on the trp chart but for whatever reasons that didnt happen. Perhaps if they didnt have such massive expectations then such trp wudve been considered good!

Kumud saras can still be a see saw relationship but wud be nice to see some confrontation with herself that she loves him. We haven't really had any reflections from her about saras since the confession!

There's way too many loose ends and not enough time to correct all so it wud be interesting to see what new PH does now. I really think if the focus changes from kumud Pramad and saras just for some of the episode it would be a fresh breath seeing these guys again! They need to develop other characters as they all just a bit haphazardly placed without any substance to them.

For kumud honestly i just feel like saying change the record yaar! Kismat ka dosh, dhoka dhoka dhoka!! She has almost become that typical dukh Ki saathi heroine types!

Pataa nahi...I really want to be optimistic I do! And I hope something amazing happens! I won't be able to watch all the 10 million gaaliyaas aimed at saras when he enters desai house...this show is about him n I don't want to see some bechara pyar ka maraa no self respect left types...

I think it's his Agni pariksha time. He once shirked his responsibility with Kumud, and I think now he has to show that he will stay put inspite of everything. His way of prayaschit maybe. 

Since his abandoning her was his gunah, his supporting her will be his atonement. And that he will fight even with Kumud to that will probably convince her of the sincerity of his intentions. 

Let us see how Guniyal and VC react today. That will be very crucial 
KK84 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: arshicritic

I think it's his Agni pariksha time. He once shirked his responsibility with Kumud, and I think now he has to show that he will stay put inspite of everything. His way of prayaschit maybe.

Since his abandoning her was his gunah, his supporting her will be his atonement. And that he will fight even with Kumud to that will probably convince her of the sincerity of his intentions.

Let us see how Guniyal and VC react today. That will be very crucial

Good point there arshi. Perhaps it is the whole repentance that they wanna show but hope slowly Kumud starts realising his worth. Just at the moment I feel like she thinks he is more Gaya guzra than Pramaad :-(

I have no expectations of any sympathy for saras from anyone in desais just hope to see Sunny soon. Want Sunny to be Saras's shield! That would be really nice and a lovely relation can be portrayed btwn the two.