Saraswatichandra

Crisp Bytes SC - 15th Aug 13 - Page 3

Adiani thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Arshi,
Itni gussa! Do some of you know more inside story of what is going on and hence your interpretation from TRP angle?

Or am I the only one bit weird thinking here? 
Tell me if I am wrong in my understanding: for me  the story is still following the novel.

Kumud got married, whatever the reason behind it! It was wrong decision; but a gamble she had to play: choosing the lesser evil I may say.

she assessed the situation at her inlaws: she is taking responsibility for that decision: still confessed with her badi maa that she would give a second chance: she didnot vow to live there  until death at her husband's hands.
some of her other  logics do not align to our 21st century reasonings, but did they ever concur completely even before?

Didn't  Saraswatichandra of GT offer to help out Kumud to sort out the mess she was in? Isn't that the storyline here as well?

Dugba and Kumud's relation has been depicted in a similar way before, she has never gone against Kumud's wishes, even in the first instance when Dugba hadn't agreed to alliance with LN's son. 

Iam wondering is there anywhere any official briefing about where the storyline is going? Least the new PH can say whether they intend to follow the original. 

Edit: I especially liked the part where Kumud accepted to herself that she is giving a 'pareeksha' with her past by the side of her.  That is the heart break she faces, dealing with internal tumult is a far greater challenge, does she succeed? Does she accept Saras is her ultimate destiny?

Edited by Adiani - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Arshics thumbnail
And a post to answer them all...

1.  I kind of understood Kumud and really felt bad for Kumud last night - this marriage is a third rejection for her . 

Twice from Saras and once from pramaad. So is there something wrong with her? Something she is 
    not doing right? 

If Saras does love her as he claims, and it was an unthinking rejection, then is it her kismet to be       
   rejected? 

If she does walk out of this marriage, what is the guarantee that another accident will not lead to 
   another unthinking rejection from Saras? 

She had given herself so completely to him, she had changed her destiny, fought his rejection, pulled     him to fall in love with her, and look where it got her! 

If her dad had said yes to pramaad in the first instant, she wouldn't have had to suffer in love, as she    did,  for the rejection of Saras after love hurts far more than the rejection of Pramaad.

At least pramaad has made his reasons clear, it was coercion and he wants nothing to do with her! 

So, Kumud's reaction stems from her pain and vulnerability and I get that. 

Infact last night I understood her reasons for wanting to stay on, it's resignation and defeat that comes from repeated rejection. 

So, to all those who feel that she doesn't care for him, this has messed her up more than she shows

2.  My disappointment lies hence not with Kumud, because she is not thinking straight . It lay with 
    Dukhba. One reason why she was admired so much was that she had the courage to walk out of a       bad marriage. She had till now showed a quiet pride in doing the right thing. 
    Yet last night she hinted that it was her failure that her husband was a bad man. 

She who had lived with a wrong man, should so easily accept Kumud's decision to go back, also 
    support her and agree to hide it from VC , felt wrong at so many levels. A Mai who thundered that 
    she will not let Kumud throw her life away, was surprisingly easy to convince! 

She who knew that Saras and Kumud are right for each other, and pushed them together, now 
    cannot see that pramaad is not right for Kumud? 

I needed to see her stand against Kumud, argue with her, explain to her what life with an abusive 
    man can be, educate her, not applaud her! 

3.  Saras - as smrth has said- why is he here? Why is he interfering? Why can't he understand that to 
     really help Kumud, he has to go away, so that she is not tormented by her past. 
     Isn't he still staking her claim on her? She is mine to protect and save, and I am her man? 
      Just like she was his to reject and spurn when he was depressed? 

And true love, (again thanks smrth) is to love and wait, and accept. 

It is not to demand and push and take over the right to reorganize her life 

He forsaked it, he came back, but destiny had played its cards. 

Now he must not punish her more by seeking forgiveness - what use is that forgiveness? 

4.  The story - it has anyway been compromised enough for TRPs - the PMS, the entry of Saras so     
      early, the character of dukhbaa.
      And now the glorification of Kumud's decision to go back - an angry Kumud who insists on going back with her sharabi pati against her family's wishes - I would have accepted , because depressed people are also the most stubborn. 

But a Kumud applauded with pride, a rergertful dukhba, who now thinks she was wrong to have left her husband, who agrees to hide the truth from Kumud's birth mother and father - is appalling, and an incorrect social message, that is one adaptation of the novel that I strongly strongly strongly reject . 

5. The time - the novel is set in today, it was made contemporary, the Kumud of the original could not walk away then because girls did not walk away then. And moreover Saras was denying his love for her.  It has been made contemporary. Saras is back asking for forgiveness, this Kumud has more options. At least a conflict over choosing the right one, if not from her from her dukhba? 

So by all means show a Kumud who chooses to live with pramaad , but at least show her doing it against all sound advice and not with the blessings of the woman who moulded her character! 

This twist is tale was a TRP exercise. And now will start TRP ka khel. 
Edited by arshicritic - 10 years ago
hotdogg thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Great post and many thanks for putting this out arshi..

Wanted to attempt a summary like this yesterday.. but was too depressed.. :-(

And couldn't have said it better myself..you nailed it!..especially kumud's perspective and why the current treatment absolutely negates everything..

DB u-turn was for me the last straw..

-Ivy- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Again... From now on, I'm thinking its better to go thru CB first before posting. Esp in these err, times 😳 Great discussions and insights as usual. Arshi, much appreciate the ROFL-attack you caused me early, early morning... Enough of *standin-frickin-ovation*... Ab brickbats hi uthaane wale din aaye hai 😃

First, Kumud... I agree with the overall thoughts, and with your later explanations, too... Brilliantly explained, btw. Total Hgg bhai style 👏 Your "abla naari" was not contextual, but merely descriptive for the episode. That is the ethos of CB. It is of the immediate. Also your "abla nari" for Kumud is in relation to Saras' vow from the precap, the "hero-giri" we were talking of yesterday, put in-effect 

From the outset... That last friday Mandir sequence, I have noticed a shift of Kumud towards the typical "bahu, beti, tv-heroine". I mentioned it in the "champion vs champion thread" 😛 as well. I understand Kumud's reasons, but it does not mean that I have to like them. I do not. The destiny bit totally escapes me. As Hgg and smrth Bhai's have so patiently explained, this is a clear diverge from the source as well. Here was the potential to be truly Nayi Soch, instead what we have have is Old Soch in Nayi Bottle, mixed with the galling arrogance that viewers won't be able to tell the difference. And their core TRP/TVT giving audience, won't. That is the most destructive aspect of this exercise. Thus I appreciate and applaud the fact that even tho your CB is so immediate, you don't hesitate to go beyond the show and look at the wider societal ramifications that such regressive endorsements will entail 👏 Again, I repeat, not all are discerning viewers. And television propagates, television perpetuates. SP ought to be more socially aware and responsible, esp at such prime-time slots. 

So Kumud, we can excuse. As mentioned, she is, being "consistent". For me but, her consistency only stretches from Last friday, to today's epi. I identified and engaged with Kumud better before she had done the honors of so insistingly and assertingly caging herself in "boxes". She is still caged, that is as far as my current identification and tolerance stretches towards her. But Dukh Baa... What was all that almighty din and righteous thundering for, when even the flimsiest of "excuses" spouted by an utterly beseiged girl would not only melt but reduce you to a regretful, remorseful, utterly susceptible fool?!? 😡 Honestly, is Kumud the most deadliest of Siren's that her "song" can turn even the most sternest of brains to mush?? First, it left Saras utterly awestruck, and now, it has left Dukh baa longing to rewind the matrimonial-clock, and 'fix' Sahas Rai 🤢  Let us blame Jennifer's enchanting voice modulations, shall we 😉 (Disclaimer: this is not a "bash" 😳)... Kumud needed guidance, not unwarranted, destructive capitulation. Whose more world-weary, more experienced, more culpable here? Dukh baa, not Kumud, but the convo could've fooled me... A landmark case of "bua-blindness" in excruciating action? What a way to mark Independence day, India's largest GEC! 🤬

A bit of "analysis"... It is heartbreaking to see "markers" being used so utterly without regard and narrative/character responsibilty now. The feet device today... The confused stumbling of Kumud totally undercut the mahaan, self-sacrifical kathaa she had fed to Dukh baa right before. It undermined K's convictions in her own words, her own beliefs, her mission "fix Pramad"... Leaves one wondering, is she still keeping a facade? Has the broken mirror miraculously re-joined after that Mandir epi? If so, it also implicity undermined Kumud and Dukh baa bond. Couldn't Badi Maa hear the screaming SOS in her laadli's eyes? How could mere hollow words, how could deceit so easily, so cleanly suffice between "Mother" and "Daughter"? Another thing I did not appreciate, bringing Guniyal's words in, to support the utterly wrong cause. Referring back to "Three Mothers Theory", Dukh baa was supposed to be the "cut", but lo and behold, Kumud turned out to be the "bind" for her long-forgotten marriage vow instead...! 🤢 And now, even without Guniyal being there, her words, unbeknowst, are shown as being the last "bind", with Dukh baa, reeling from own failures as a "wife" and left meekly applauding. So, a much dreaded theory has come to partial fruition, Kumud is now binded "three-ways"... And her autonomy in marriage severely restricted, by her own doing. Let's anticipate what tomorow's epi brings... I want Guniyal to the forefront. I want Dukh baa's useless proclamations muted. And I will, if she even tries, I hold the remote. I don't have to hear 😛

Saras... Has gone abso-bloody-bonkers in the precap. This is not "Love"... Why does he keep regressing to the "in Love" state? And what is with his penchant for "vows"... he should very well be aware of his track record regarding 'em by now. smrth Bhai, concur, he has no locus standi to be so prominent with his haqq's anymore. But then, are we the more fools here to keep applying our "elitist" theories to a product, so clearly intent on digging itself into the darkest new lows? All "theories" are steadily being blown outta water, and it is simply not viable to keep "re-setting" anymore 

happychappy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
What rankles most is the speed of the U turns! 

I'll start with the one character that I will defend to the rest any day...😆

Saras - one Dark night he says to his "pavitr" patni... Do not wait for me, The next day he sets off to claim back his wife and marry her in a social way!

Naveen - Kumud has to expose abusive violent Pramaad, come what may!...(After mandir enlightenment by Kumud) I will help Kumud make a success out of her marriage to this scum guy Pramaad!!

Kumud- one day she says she has "tumhare pyaar par viswaas hai...hamare beech kya seemaayen" Then it just takes a mumble on the phone to convince her that his pyaar and her viswaas was all a Bhool! "Pramaad mera kismet-wala pati hai!"

Desais- Married Kumud in haste, to repent at leisure, starting the day after! What did they expect?😕 

Dugba - If  Kumud is unhappy in her marriage,if her pati is sharaabi, No Way she's going back! Mera aakhri faisla hai... (Then the following day...) Agar main apne pati ko sudhar leti to Kumari ki ye haalat nahi hoti!!  @#*$#  

LN- If Kumud comes as bahu to my house, it will become swarg... (After fight with Saras) I couldnt care less about Saras, who is Kumud by the way??? 

BD- I am sure Kumud can sudharofy my son although he is vilest of he vile...So they shd marry.
(After a week or three...) If Kumud is in duvidha and writing poetry, then maybe this marriage is not going to work! bahu ki bahut chinta ho rahi hai!..😲

Alak- I dont care if Kumud is being abused...all I want is to keep Bapuji's face intact. ...(On being tackled by Saras) I knew this marriage wouldnt work but Bapuji went ahead, but anyway poor Kumud- abala naari!

Pointedly,  The only characters that have remained consistent are 
Gumaan - evil

Saubhaagyavati- kindly but stupid

Pramaad- mean, nasty,violent, chip-on-shoulder

Kalika? - I think she ws feigning her goody-good act and is now back to true form?

Edited by happychappy - 10 years ago
smrth thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: arshicritic

And a post to answer them all...

1.  I kind of understood Kumud and really felt bad for Kumud last night - this marriage is a third rejection for her . 

Twice from Saras and once from pramaad. So is there something wrong with her? Something she is 
    not doing right? 

If Saras does love her as he claims, and it was an unthinking rejection, then is it her kismet to be       
   rejected? 

If she does walk out of this marriage, what is the guarantee that another accident will not lead to 
   another unthinking rejection from Saras? 

She had given herself so completely to him, she had changed her destiny, fought his rejection, pulled     him to fall in love with her, and look where it got her! 

If her dad had said yes to pramaad in the first instant, she wouldn't have had to suffer in love, as she    did,  for the rejection of Saras after love hurts far more than the rejection of Pramaad.

At least pramaad has made his reasons clear, it was coercion and he wants nothing to do with her! 

So, Kumud's reaction stems from her pain and vulnerability and I get that. 

Infact last night I understood her reasons for wanting to stay on, it's resignation and defeat that comes from repeated rejection. 

So, to all those who feel that she doesn't care for him, this has messed her up more than she shows

2.  My disappointment lies hence not with Kumud, because she is not thinking straight . It lay with 
    Dukhba. One reason why she was admired so much was that she had the courage to walk out of a       bad marriage. She had till now showed a quiet pride in doing the right thing. 
    Yet last night she hinted that it was her failure that her husband was a bad man. 

She who had lived with a wrong man, should so easily accept Kumud's decision to go back, also 
    support her and agree to hide it from VC , felt wrong at so many levels. A Mai who thundered that 
    she will not let Kumud throw her life away, was surprisingly easy to convince! 

She who knew that Saras and Kumud are right for each other, and pushed them together, now 
    cannot see that pramaad is not right for Kumud? 

I needed to see her stand against Kumud, argue with her, explain to her what life with an abusive 
    man can be, educate her, not applaud her! 

3.  Saras - as smrth has said- why is he here? Why is he interfering? Why can't he understand that to 
     really help Kumud, he has to go away, so that she is not tormented by her past. 
     Isn't he still staking her claim on her? She is mine to protect and save, and I am her man? 
      Just like she was his to reject and spurn when he was depressed? 

And true love, (again thanks smrth) is to love and wait, and accept. 

It is not to demand and push and take over the right to reorganize her life 

He forsaked it, he came back, but destiny had played its cards. 

Now he must not punish her more by seeking forgiveness - what use is that forgiveness? 

4.  The story - it has anyway been compromised enough for TRPs - the PMS, the entry of Saras so     
      early, the character of dukhbaa.
      And now the glorification of Kumud's decision to go back - an angry Kumud who insists on going back with her sharabi pati against her family's wishes - I would have accepted , because depressed people are also the most stubborn. 

But a Kumud applauded with pride, a rergertful dukhba, who now thinks she was wrong to have left her husband, who agrees to hide the truth from Kumud's birth mother and father - is appalling, and an incorrect social message, that is one adaptation of the novel that I strongly strongly strongly reject . 

5. The time - the novel is set in today, it was made contemporary, the Kumud of the original could not walk away then because girls did not walk away then. And moreover Saras was denying his love for her.  It has been made contemporary. Saras is back asking for forgiveness, this Kumud has more options. At least a conflict over choosing the right one, if not from her from her dukhba? 

So by all means show a Kumud who chooses to live with pramaad , but at least show her doing it against all sound advice and not with the blessings of the woman who moulded her character! 

This twist is tale was a TRP exercise. And now will start TRP ka khel. 

Super Duper analysis Arshi.👏 You nailed it precise. To own up, though I concur in dismay, I have to admit, Episode was fast paced and it did 'affect' story wise. As a Dark mood, but 'darkness' was contextual like that of a dawn before daybreak. Here Darkness may gather for sometime but eventually they must move to glorious 'Sundar Giri' and that's why I am not giving up as yet. I still rely on the 'Two'! Why! We may have our rightful dose of weekly brilliance even today! Let us stay hopeful.😊
@1) you mapped her precise. As she hid something from even Dukh Baa, ' Yesterday' has joined 'Today' in the inquest!'🤢 That's pure Source; A tearing conflict of 'consciousness'- Yesterday, and 'conscience' - Today. As I am repeatedly ranting. Consistent to her nature, her conscience is not giving an 'inch' to her consciousness- where 'he' is planted indelible. So naturally she would be extra harsh on 'him' along with herself. Ironically, in direct reverse to what us viewers are wanting to 'see', Saras (as a character) is understanding this. And that's why he is fumbling to contribute (her conscience). Unfortunately, he ends up adding to 'inquest' only- as her 'yesterday' and as with no locus standi. Here it must be pointed out- juxtaposition of our 'rational' views is somewhat futile. For her rational/conscience is 'commitment'. Whether we like it or not. Story tells it so.

smrth thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: IdiotViewer

So Kumud, we can excuse. As mentioned, she is, being "consistent". For me but, her consistency only stretches from Last friday, to today's epi. I identified and engaged with Kumud better before she had done the honors of so insistingly and assertingly caging herself in "boxes". She is still caged, that is as far as my current identification and tolerance stretches towards her. But Dukh Baa... What was all that almighty din and righteous thundering for, when even the flimsiest of "excuses" spouted by an utterly beseiged girl would not only melt but reduce you to a regretful, remorseful, utterly susceptible fool?!? 😡 Honestly, is Kumud the most deadliest of Siren's that her "song" can turn even the most sternest of brains to mush?? First, it left Saras utterly awestruck, and now, it has left Dukh baa longing to rewind the matrimonial-clock, and 'fix' Sahas Rai 🤢  Let us blame Jennifer's enchanting voice modulations, shall we 😉 (Disclaimer: this is not a "bash" 😳)... Kumud needed guidance, not unwarranted, destructive capitulation. Whose more world-weary, more experienced, more culpable here? Dukh baa, not Kumud, but the convo could've fooled me... A landmark case of "bua-blindness" in excruciating action? What a way to mark Independence day, India's largest GEC! 🤬

A bit of "analysis"... It is heartbreaking to see "markers" being used so utterly without regard and narrative/character responsibilty now. The feet device today... The confused stumbling of Kumud totally undercut the mahaan, self-sacrifical kathaa she had fed to Dukh baa right before. It undermined K's convictions in her own words, her own beliefs, her mission "fix Pramad"... Leaves one wondering, is she still keeping a facade? Has the broken mirror miraculously re-joined after that Mandir epi? If so, it also implicity undermined Kumud and Dukh baa bond. Couldn't Badi Maa hear the screaming SOS in her laadli's eyes? How could mere hollow words, how could deceit so easily, so cleanly suffice between "Mother" and "Daughter"? Another thing I did not appreciate, bringing Guniyal's words in, to support the utterly wrong cause. Referring back to "Three Mothers Theory", Dukh baa was supposed to be the "cut", but lo and behold, Kumud turned out to be the "bind" for her long-forgotten marriage vow instead...! 🤢 And now, even without Guniyal being there, her words, unbeknowst, are shown as being the last "bind", with Dukh baa, reeling from own failures as a "wife" and left meekly applauding. So, a much dreaded theory has come to partial fruition, Kumud is now binded "three-ways"... And her autonomy in marriage severely restricted, by her own doing. Let's anticipate what tomorow's epi brings... I want Guniyal to the forefront. I want Dukh baa's useless proclamations muted. And I will, if she even tries, I hold the remote. I don't have to hear 😛

Ivy! But here Siren herself is badly entrapped in cave of a Cyclops and our 
Odysseus has pushed her there at first non listening. She lost her contest with his 'Muses' in first place. So how would he free her now, much less, be entranced by her wails?!🤢
As for Guniyal, I think even she can not do anything now. And watch Kumud. she is firmly on 'absolve Bapu' at any cost. " 'decision' was Mine. destiny is mine.'🤢
But somehow I am expecting a rebound. I am not giving up yet. Will they?😕
KK84 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: arshicritic

Nayi Soch ki Nayi Leher

Priya Star Plus Ji 

Aapko 67th Independence Day ki bahut badhayi ho 

Aaj aapne hamain iss shubh awsar pe Jo sunder gift diya hai 

Uske liye hum aapke bahut aabhari hain 

Aur aaj aapki nayee soch ko salaam karte hain 

Auraton ke prati aapke vicharon se hum specially impressed hue 

Aaj aap se Jo seekha hai, woh lajawab hai ! 

Toh aaj humne seekha ki : 

1.    Shaadi kismat se hoti hai, aur aaj ke zamane ki ladki apni kismat se nahi ladti 

2.    Apne pati ko sudharne ka saubhagya hi sabse bada dharm hai 

3.    Har sharabi mawali ki haalat ki zimmedar uski patni hai, jo usse sudhaar nahi payee 

4.    Agar aapka pati aapko maarta hai, to aap ke pyaar main kami hai, aapko aur koshish karni hogi 

5.    Agar aap ke pati sharabi hain aur aapke saath bura behave karte hain, toh yeh baat kissi ko mat 

batana, specially apne mata pita ko to kabhi nahi,  yehi nayee soch hai

Will the real Dukhba please stand up?  

Is it the one who said - main Kumud ke liye Bhagwan se lad jaaongi, Kumud apne sasural nahi jayegi, 

Or is it the one who said - shadi kismat se hoti hai, usko saubhagya ya durbhagya banana apne haath main hai, agar main Kumari ke bapu ko sudhar pati to Meri beti bina baap ke ... 

Because the second one deserves a kick on the backside 😡

Was she actually saying what I thought she was saying? That she had been wrong in walking out on her husband? 

That any sort of father is better than no father, even one who will marry off his daughter to a married man with 2 kids, for revenge. 

And that if her husband is a scum, it's because she didn't try hard enough! 

And the precap - Since Kumud bechari abala nari, cannot sort out her mess alone, and since living with pramaad is her kismet, 

The valiant hero will help her to reform the sharabi, because without a man's help, a woman can achieve nothing! 

And the only achievement a woman can aspire for is a pati who will love her and accept her! 

So now after this extremely enlightening episode, that was full of nayi soch and nayi leher, here is the song of the day - 

Jai TRP maiyya 

Bolo jai TRP maiyya 

Tum ko nit din dhyawe

Star plus wale bhaiyya 

A perfect episode for the Independence Day ! 

Rating - 10000000000/10 

Arshi u cudnt have said it better than this. I haven't even watched the episode but I am lost for words in terms of how the soda ka josh uff dukhba fizzled out! Whatever happened to 'if zaraa sa bhi sach hai then I won't send my kumud back'

Well true say jai ho trp maiyya ki jai ho star plus ki...'Nayi Soch' business ki!! 

Ab tyaag ka Mahaanta banega Saras who will be hated by Desai family as he will do everything n anything to cover Pramaads mistakes! But farz and rishtey nibhaaoongi ki patti aankhon mein baand kar rahegi apni kumud.

I want to be positive and it's not abt oh kumud n Saras will end up together or not..for me the dissapointment lies in Dugbaa and Kumud's attitude towards Saras...she knows why he is still there but she still cant see this but instead is till accusing him of cheating etc. 

Either as a result of the atyaachaar(that's how I see it) Kumud is doing on Saras...we shud see her highly repenting or uski aankhon jaldi se khol de CVs waalo!

Kat
KK84 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: twila

Arshii ...

What a wonderful CB you have given us today ... could not stop laughing ...

and the TRP  Aarti ... Awesome           🤣

But i would like to play the role of the Devil's advocate here ... Did we not already know that this is the way things shall proceed  ... Had the CVs not been showing this ever since the Marriage track  ??... So why so Furious today ??

We all have been talking about the same for weeks now ... we knew that Kumud had accepted this Marriage as her " Kismet "  and had decided to bear all the atrocities ... all the insults ...  and was going to make all efforts to be a Good Bahu and Pativrata Naari ...all in the name of this Sham marriage...  So what is so New today ??

and actually ... is it not the  same as the original story of the Book too  ??  

What killed it for me was Dukhbaa! She was the ray of our hopes! Seconds was Saras...at least he wanted to fight for her to be out of this non existent marriage! And the icing on the cake for me is Kumud's attitude towards Saras...insaniyat ke khaatir at least be civil...why cudnt she have told dukhba that actually Saras didn't cheat me...why does she still see it as being cheated upon...he made a mistake but 'cheat' doesnt define what he did...he didn't just dump her awein n she knows that.
twila thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
@Hgg Bhaii...  

The original source being a classic piece of literature would naturally be highly refined ... the treatment would be subtle and nuanced ... while this being a TV Show , it requires drama and more drama for higher Visual Impact ... so from now on the differences in treatment shall be quite pronounced ...

and it was your Brilliant Exposition of the whole TRP game a few months back , which made me understand how Crucial the TRPs are for the SURVIVAL of any show ... so we may like it or not , but we have to accept that catering to the TRPs is a necessary Pre-Condition ... in fact the Primary condition on which the Survival itself of the show depends ...  it can not be wished away ... and we shall have to accept the compromises to be made for the show to stay afloat.

@ Kat ...  

Agree fully with you about Kumud's behaviour towards Saras and her lack of empathy for the Love of her life... Her continuing mantra of " Do Baar Dhokha ... " sounds incnongrous after the truth revelation of last Wednesday and next day's "Nayi  Subah ... "  when she accepted before the Gods that all her questions had been answered ... and she was going to make a new beginning after that  ' NAYa  SAVERAA ..." 

but unfortunately Kumud does not feel that despite Saras's repeated apologies ... his SINCERE repentance and his explanation of the situation that forced him into that  Illfated Telephone call , Saras also deserves a bit of consideration ... if nothing else just a bit of Civility .

We  can only wait and watch when will it be the time for a  " Nayi Subah " for Saras too.     😊  

infact we had a long discussion here on the CB thread on the same issue after last  Friday's episode .      😊