Devon ke Dev Mahadev

Did Ravan actually came to Swayambar :-/ - Page 2

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 10 years ago
This content was originally posted by: Rishi_

if its not in valmiki ramayan then it may be a local folktale and in that case ur right.
since valmiki ramayan is always considered to be the original and authentic ramayan.

so other versions may be just local versions which may not be true.

Yes, since Valmiki Ramayan is taken to be the ultimate source, then Ravan never came to the swayamvar nor did he ever lift the dhanush.

In fact, if we take Valmiki to be the only source, then the swayamvar itself never happened because Valmiki Ramayan does not write a swayamvar for Sita. The swayamvar story is from Tulsidas's Ramcharitmanas.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nyxx thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Like others have mentioned, Ravan did not come to the Swayamvar according to Valmiki's or Tulsidas's Ramayan...but I think, most local Ramayans have incorporated it for making it more dramatic, and adding more twists & masala to keep the viewers into it (I really disagree with the latter...because I dont find the need).

I was also wondering whether the entire conversation and talk Ravan had yesterday and today with King Janak, Laxman, Vishwamitra, and the rest of the King's present there...even happened. Really questioning the authenticity of some scenes right now. 
OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
well I saw the in some movies...in some old hindi movies they showed that Ravan came to the Swayamvar and tried to pick up the bow but can't...and when Ram lift it he left angrily..so what DKDM is showing is not wrong..

about Hanuman it's complete true...even in Sagar's Ramayan they showed that Hanuman forget about his power bcz of shrap which is given by a Rishi and he remembered it when Jambuban ji remind him when they were at the bank of sea and thinking how they reach to lanka to find out if Mata Sita is there or not..

sry for the bad english..😛
romi21 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Yes Raavan had come But Not Mahadev & parvati... The issue in our Country we have so many different versions of Mytho Stories That we do know what to believe & not to Believe.. Upar Se Tele Industry modify according to their TRPS
Angie12 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
There are many versions of stories that CVs can incorporate them and can quote a source.  For example, it was the first time in Mahadev that I saw Shiv/Parvati having a daughter.  I was so confused that I googled it.  It was difficult to find a story, but only thing I found was that there are stories in Bengal and Gujarat about Shiv/Parvati having a daughter.  But there was nothing about Nahush/Ashok Sundari marriage.  Even in Sati period, which I like the best, had some stories different from what I have read.  But they could show more in Sati period as compared to Parvati, there is comparatively little on Sati.  So they could incorporate more of their own interpretations.  I for one liked their interpretations and logic about the fight between Shiv & Daksh not being only of ego from Daksh's side but also of ideology.  

That's why I now look at basic story structure/characterizations as well as interpretations of events.  If they appeal to me, I watch it.  So far,  Raavan is the only one who is unappealing to me.  I was having issues with them showing Lakshman this Ram type character.  But they have now corrected it and so I was happy at how Lakshman was shown in last two episodes.  

As far as Hanuman forgetting his powers is concerned, I have read about it and seen it in every version shown on celluloid.  Going forward, I just want to see better interpretations of Kakayi, Raavan, Kaushalya, Bharat and so on (the important side characters or main antagonists).
*sowmya* thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
as per my knowledge Raavan did attend Seetha's swayamvaram but he could not lift Shiva's bow..my parents, in-laws and grand parents have told this but i am not sure in which version of Ramayanam does this one is told. Edited by *sowmya* - 10 years ago