VirManForLife thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Ever since JDJ has started, there have been posts popping up on how Salman is a bad choreo, how he's lost his touch, that he only did well in Season 5 because of Isha's skills. Upto a point, even I agreed with these posts and started seeing Salman as a limited choreographer with no imagination. But when I thought about it today, I realised that he is being challenged and disadvantaged due to many factors. Firstly, Drashti is a non-dancer. Now obviously, most of the contestants are non-dancers. But in Drashti's case, they have only around 2-3 days to practice. Plus, Drashti works around the clock, which leaves her body tired and inflexible, especially as the episodes progress. The same case was seen with Sid and Sonia, in which all the blame was placed on Sonia, and we all know what a fantastic choreo she is(Mahesh Manjrekar and Baichung Bhutia). What we need to understand, is that these choreos cannot recreate the same magic they did in previous seasons. This is a show which requires not only dance, but smart planning and strategy. Salman only has two or three nights to teach Drashti, and that too a tired and hassled Drashti, whose body and mind both are supposed to be resting. How can he possibly be innovative and teach her difficult steps in such conditions? Just because a choreo is unable to deliver past results and falters, we should not start doubting his/her talent. That, is one thing I understood today.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Vvaannii thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
agree with u totallyy!!
 thank you this post was really needed! 
bang on, it's like u stole my thoughts 👏🤗
ChaiTeaWali thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
well said! 👏 and I agree with everything you said 😊
Hmmm, Because we can...😎
jyothi- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Agree.

He is making her do easy steps and also more lifting as she don't have much time for rehersal.
kaushikbasu thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I agree with you. The advantage a choreographer has of having a good dancer is not thinking about smart choreography only like what Puneet has. They can go as wild as they want without wondering if their partner would be able to do justice to the act. With untrained dancer there can only be smart choreography which is also limited as the dancer is. 

The only point I disagree is DD's busy schedule. This is something she already knew, if she did not make enough arrangements around that then this is her problem. 

Either way we cannot blame Salman for misfiring.
sweetcherry95 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
I totally agree to your point
TheHazard thumbnail
Salman is an average choreographer. Who was over hyped without understanding that, he just benefitted from the ideas of Yana & Esha in previous years. Now he has been exposed with Drashti.

His choreography this year:

1) Desperation- from the beginning, like leg licking, vulgar lifts and OTT sensual (Vulgar) choreo was the essence of his choreography this year.
2) He thought he will win it with no dance but capitalizing on DDs popularity and by exposing her and through vulgarity.
3) Due to fan reactions DD had objected to vulgarity, so now Salman is failing to come up with even average choreography.
4) Last 2 week's choreography was like a junior high school kids choreography.
5) If the spoiler is correct, he scored 22/23 this week, will be the confirmation of the facts above.

So then you decide who's to be blamed for their performance... SALMAN IS A SUPER FLOP CHOREOGRAPHER OF THIS SEASON...

May I remind all a Myth: Salman's Partner Never Wins JDJ...
😉 😉
-GayabCat- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
He an amazing chreographer! Its quite annoying to see ppl blaming him for the things he hasnt done or have any clue off

Leave him alone will yaEdited by -JungleeBilli- - 10 years ago
TheHazard thumbnail
It's pretty annoying to see people just preach what they dream and ignore the things that's visible on ground... He needs more time to choreograph?? Give it a break and let him do that after the show is over... 😆

Ya I agree, he needs more time to learn & become a half decent choreographer... 😉 Edited by Paris4Helen - 10 years ago