Madhubala - Ek Ishq Ek Junoon

Proud to be an Indian !!

CrazyCryztal thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago

As we celebrate 66 years of independence there is a lot to say and pay our tributes to all those people, who had laid down their lives in an attempt to liberate India from the clutches of British imperialism.

This post is too small for all i have to say...so this is only why i am proud to be an indian. 

I thought of sharing will you the facts one must know so that they can feel the pride of being born in their motherland.

This is on the face of those who wrote: "Indians and Dogs not allowed" outside a club in Calcutta.

India, a country with a culture having more than ten thousand years has enriched the global scientific, educational, economic and cultural scenario significantly. That is the reason why mark Twain has stated "India is the cradle of the human race, the birthplace of human speech, the mother of history, the grandmother of legend and the great grandmother of tradition." Being born in such a great country, you have millions of reasons to feel proud as an Indian.  Some of them are :

1.  When the residents of today's developed nations were living as nomadic forest dwellers, we the Indians, set up Harappa civilization, the first planned city of the world.

2.  First university of the world was established in Takshila(in Modern Bihar) in the year 700BC. More than 60 subjects were taught here to near about 10,500 students who came from different parts of the world.

3.  We have never invaded any country in the entire history of 5000 years. Rather, Buddha and Gandhi taught the world the power of non-violence and truth. Recently, American president Barak Obama has openly admitted that Gandhi is an ideal for him.

4.  Till 1896, India was the only known source of diamond in the world. Tremendous wealth of India attracted several invaders and traders. Till the invasion of British East India Company, India was the richest country of the world.

5.  Number system is the greatest contribution of India to science in general and mathematics in particular. Indian Mathematician Aryabhatta invented zero. Bhaskaracharya, in fifth century, calculated the time taken by earth to rotate around sun exactly. Budhayana calculated the value of pi. Algebra, trigonometry and calculus had their origin India during sixth century.

6.  Ayurveda, the earliest school of medicine has its origin in India. Surgery was done for the first time India by Sushruta 2600 years back.

7.  According to prominent linguistics, Sanskrit is the mother of all European languages. Forbes magazine has rated Sanskrit as the most suitable language for software applications.

8.  India taught the art of navigation to the world on River Sind 6000 years back. Proof to it is the derivation of the very word navigation from NAVGATIH (a Sanskrit word).

I am proud to be an Indian !

HINDUISM

JAINISM

BUDDISM

SIKHISM

ISLAM

CHRISTAINNITY

PS: I need to make a different post for paying tribute to our Bapu. 😆

Here is the link...😳

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/90069046

Edited by aakriti18 - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

afterlife. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Awesome post Aku!!!
JAI HIND...😎
sarcastic_teen thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Mujhe apne Bhartiye Hone par Garv Hai!
Swatantrata Diwas ki Bahut Bahut Badhai

Edited by Richa04 - 10 years ago
Chaapa93 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Happy Independence day to all the Indian buddies out there! 😳 Nice post Aku!! Learnt a lot about your country 😊
.Shree. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Happy Independence Day  🤗
-Nafisa- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
I like this 

HINDUISM

JAINISM

BUDDISM

SIKHISM

ISLAM

CHRISTIANITY

all religions united. 😊
76manesha thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Happy Independence Day 

Nice post 😊 . 

Do peep in my post 

BeautyForAshes thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Awesome !!!!!

Proud to be an INDIAN !!!! JAI HIND !!!

...thanks  u for the lovely post !!!! ⭐️

CrazyCryztal thumbnail
Originally posted by: titli4love

Awesome post Aku!!!
JAI HIND...😎

Thanks a lot titli di !! 🤗
Jai hind !!
CrazyCryztal thumbnail
Originally posted by: Chaapa93

Happy Independence day to all the Indian buddies out there! 😳 Nice post Aku!! Learnt a lot about your country 😊

Thanks a lot chaapa 😳