Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.LiveLaughLove. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago
 Hey! I just loved the way u Portrayed both of their P.O.V's πŸ˜Š The first part was mindblowing!! I hv sent u a buddy request. Do pm me for the updates πŸ˜ƒ
Lumos-Maxima thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Fantastic start ⭐️⭐️.. Loved their pov..  Both Virat and Manvi are so lonely.. Manvi's pain and disappointment is very nicely portrayed.. It felt so real.. Virat's life style is very interesting and different.. Would love to read more.. Will be waiting for the next part.. I have sent you a buddy request.. Please pm me for your future updates.. Take care 😊
Avika318 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Amazing start!! cant wait for next chap!
Update soon!!
nrithyao thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
superb start
loved both their pov s
loved the way u write
please pm me when u update
cant wait to read more of this story
richa002 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4
woooww... i loved itt to d core...
its really different nd unique...
loved prologue its interesting...
plzzz continue soon...nd plzzz pm me wenever u next update...
sending u buddy request...
.LiveLaughLove. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Update soon. πŸ˜‰Edited by virman123 - 10 years ago
minishap thumbnail
Engager 1 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

Hey all! Thank you sooo much for all of the love and comments! Please keep all of the comments coming! The more the comments, the quicker the updates will be- you all inspire me to write!

Also, the first posting was of both POVs as a prologue into both characters. I am going to write this from first person, and likely will go back and forth between the two POVs so that you can get into the heads of both characters. If you all don't like that or have a preference, let me know! I am just writing to write so open to any suggestions.

Sorry this is so short! I have to be up in 5 hours! 

Also- So so so sorry for not PMing you! I will try to get a list of people to PM soon- if you want a PM make sure to leave a comment, and in the comment, tell me you want one! 

Chapter 1

"Maaanvvviii!"

Before I am given the chance to react, my mother forced open the curtains, flooding my room in the golden sunlight.

"if you don't come now, the food is going to get cold. And I know how you don't like cold food."

"mmm" I half-moaned, half-whined.

"come on, beta! The early bird gets the best roti!" (she had a problem with the worms part of the adage so just made up her own version of it.)

I peeled my comforter off of me, gingerly planted both of my feet onto the cool hardwood floor, and with my eyes still closed, stretched. Slowly opening my eyes, I smiled. The bright warm rays fell on my face causing me to squint a little.

My first day of college.

Oh, no! My first day of college!!

I frantically ran downstairs at the realization. My alarm hadn't gone off! And my mom was so calmly waking me up as if it was a random Saturday.

"Mummy! It's my first day of college, and I woke up late."

"No you didn't," she simply said, calmly flipping the rotis with one hand and opening the microwave with the other.  "I just woke you up an hour earlier. Knowing you, if I hadn't you would have skipped breakfast saying it takes up too much time."

A sigh of relief. "So you decided to almost give me a heart attack?"

"yup," she smirked, trying hard to contain her laugh at my frantic state. "now you can take your time getting ready, AND eat your breakfast."

"Yup, just baby her some more." A voice said from the other room.

I rolled my eyes, "good morning to you too, bhai."

"Morning," he mumbled as he grabbed his keys, slamming the door on his way out.

I always had to remind myself that he really wasn't as abrasive as he comes off to be. There have been many times where he is the most selfless, caring person I know. His life had seen a lot of ups and many more downs, and he is more a person who likes to keep to himself. But there's always been a part of me that wishes that he would just stop behaving like a brooding teenager. I mean he was after all 6 years my senior. I think by now he would be able to let go of whatever it was that was bothering him, or at least learn to not take it out on his family.  The more realistic part of me knew that it was going to take years and years and likely some miracle to get him to be a little less shut out from the rest of us.

"What are you thinking about? Go get ready!"

There was not much for me to do- I already laid out my outfit the night before, made sure my hair was brushed and straightened before I went to bed so that I wouldn't have to work as hard in the morning. My bag was ready to go. I was, afterall, my mother's daughter.

College. I had been dreaming about this day for sooo long. For now, I was to be living with my parents until I could find a nice apartment near my college. My parents didn't trust the idea of me living in a hostel or with random strangers. So until I found someone that fit their definition of "good," I was to be living with them. Just as well- though I did want to be on my own and independent, I didn't mind holding on to the comfort of home a little longer.  Though my parents and I are really close, there are plenty of things I wouldn't even begin to know how to discuss with them. And if I told my parents how lonely I felt, they would just tell me to talk to them and pray- their usual answer for everything- which works most of the time, but not in this case. No amount of milk and flowers at the shiv temple would be able to cure this problem. But college would be able to- new people, new faces- a new identity for me. I could reinvent myself with the people I met. No one would have to know how alone I felt. No one would have to know about my once close- now distant relationships with friends and siblings.

I could just be me. Happy, carefree, always smiling- the way I like to be.

"Maanvvii! If you don't stop wandering around on cloud 7, you are going to be late!"

I laughed. My mom and her creative adages. "It's cloud 9," I corrected through my chewing.

"Ayi hai. You Americans always butcher the sayings. Why would the saatva asmaan become nau?"

I shook my head and hugged her bye. Before leaving, I made sure to ask bhagwanji to let everything go right today.

Edited by minishap - 10 years ago
niki795 thumbnail
awesome update
loved it
continue soon
plz pm me when you update
Jannat94 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
omg update
it was awesome... love the starting
waiting for next
update soon πŸ˜ƒ
NushIsh thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
After reading footprints I can't wait to see where this story will lead. 

From the prologue I'm thinking it's going to be an emotional one. I love those by the way. Sadistic I know but I like the hard road to true love. 

And don't worry about which way you write it just write, because all I want is to read. 

Its interesting how Virat and Manvi are so different and are worlds apart but have one thing in common and that is loneliness. 

I cant wait to read how things turn out when they find each other and together make each others lives whole again. 

Update soon.