-meera thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Besharam is Ranbir Kapoor's Dabangg?

Subhash K Jha (DNA; August 15, 2013)

The promos of Raj Kumar Santoshi's Phata Poster Nikla Hero shows Shahid Kapoor doing the Khaki-clad Dabangg act. But the more entertaining aspect to this wannabe Chulbul Pandey's Dabangg is that the Phata Poster… role was originally written for Ranbir Kapoor.

Says a reliable source, "This is the script that Santoshi wanted to make right after Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani again featuring Ranbir and Katrina, for the same producers (Tips). But Ranbir had other plans. He wanted to do his own Dabangg-style massy entertainer with the Dabangg director. That's how Ranbir became a part of director Abhinav Kashyap's Besharam where he plays a con-man on the run in Delhi-Haryana while his parents Rishi Kapoor and Neetu Kapoor play cops on Ranbir's trail. In fact Ranbir tells all his friends that Besharam is his Dabangg."

Rishi confirms, "It is our family's out-and-out commercial entertainer. Very much in the Dabangg and Rowdy Rathod genre of entertainment." A source close to Besharam predicts the film would be Ranbir's biggest blockbuster to date. "We expect it to be bigger than Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani. It's Ranbir's most massy film to date. Full-on time-pass."

Edited by -meera - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

fast trak thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Does it mean its a nonsense movie? Good he's already telling people not to waste money and watch it. 
I_M_SultaN thumbnail
πŸ˜† wth wanna be 
Kya.Bolta.Tu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
The movie cant be a hit Ranbir,Keep dreaming!
MadhuriDixit thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
looks like a huge flop. ranbir is not even that big a star that people will watch any crap that he's in. the trailer looked horrible. 
MR.KooL thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
just hope its bigger then himmatwala... think abt YJHD later..even half of YJHD will be enough πŸ˜†
-meera thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Unnecessary dig at Shahid.

Rishi Kapoor is the only one promoting Besharam though. RK hasn't given a single interview for it. But every time people say a RK movie is not going to do well, it exceeds expectations (Barfi and YJHD).
stranger.67 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Besharan is Ranbir's booger boy image!
.Bongsookie. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
If its less crass than it seems, I might watch it. I do see this film doing well though, coz the audiences love such humour.  I like Ranbir, I hope he does more films like Barfi! and YJHD, and less like Besharam. (and a movie with Sonam too) πŸ˜³
Tinah thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I thought Ranbir was da'bangg Katrina! πŸ˜›