Take 0 - Satyanashing 11 [IO] - Page 13

Posted: 10 years ago
Originally posted by .Sama.

Arreh when IPK was romantic COMEDY toh ASR kis khet ki radish. Oh I so want this show to succeed, please pretty please ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Why do you want the new season to succeed Sama. For me I am quite indifferent. If it succeeds well and good. We will at least have a season's concept in India and maybe just maybe the PH will think of shutting the shows down in time if they know that they can work on their brand after the show is done with a new cast and new season. So that may lead to crisper stories wherein the show will end definitely in 1 yr time. And anyway this PH is good with budgeting so maybe we will get good shoots, good location and good costumes for the actors in the show. Rest agar hit hua toh fine or else I will jump on another boat.
Edited by psarada - 10 years ago
So per the latest TOI article Chanhchan is supposed to go off air mid Sept.
I guess given the TRP's and the general way the show was progressing it doesn't come as a shock to many. But I am seriously appalled at the authenticity of media articles these days. I mean there were a sleuth of articles saying there is an extension till next march.
Not quite sure who and what to believe anymore!

http://m.timesofindia.com/entertainment/tv/Chhanchhan-to-go-off-air-Anuj-has-mixed-feelings/articleshow/21892469.cms

Popcorn ! ๐Ÿ˜† Its getting better by the day. Wese Avinash beta IPK ka Barun ek hi banda hai jisne pure dil se mubarak baat aur dua di hai aapke show ko.

"Barun quit the show to pursue a career in Bollywood leading to the show going off air. Avinash, however, insists that he would never go back on his commitment. "Tomorrow, if I am offered a film I won't leave my shows midway. I respect my work and profession enough to not do such a thing.""

Sama,
He clearly is not confident enough to let his work do the talking and compare his acting skills to the acting prowess that Barun brought to the table. So he is lashing out by taking digs about stuff he has no clue about. As Barun says "everyone has opinions but not all the information".
Lage raho Saheb, may your 6PM "recreation" bring you the success you deserve๐Ÿฅฑ

@meens @sama isliye maine kaha tha dil zyada bada nahi hona chahiye ๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜†
Originally posted by meens80

Sama,
He clearly is not confident enough to let his work do the talking and compare his acting skills to the acting prowess that Barun brought to the table. So he is lashing out by taking digs about stuff he has no clue about. As Barun says "everyone has opinions but not all the information".
Lage raho Saheb, may your 6PM "recreation" bring you the success you deserve๐Ÿฅฑ

@meens:- agree with you. Avinash seems to be suffering from FIM disease. He has no clue of what happened during IPK closure time and he is taking digs on Barun. That itself shows that he is now feeling highly insecure about filling in the gap left by Barun. But I don't blame him alone. It is highly unfair on the channel to suddenly change the name of the show to that of IPK and that too when the show had such a big Satyanash in the end. So naturally the cast are now feeling apprehensive about the show striking the right chord and if the dislikes on the YT promo is any indication, then the reaction is going to be severely negative. All in all I feel the channel will make a khichdi of this too and will create a even bigger satyanash for this show.

And whatever people may say, I am really happy Barun was silent during the whole fiasco - at least he didn't diss out inappropriate comments and is hoping his work will speak for itself.
Originally posted by meens80

So per the latest TOI article Chanhchan is supposed to go off air mid Sept.
I guess given the TRP's and the general way the show was progressing it doesn't come as a shock to many. But I am seriously appalled at the authenticity of media articles these days. I mean there were a sleuth of articles saying there is an extension till next march.
Not quite sure who and what to believe anymore!

http://m.timesofindia.com/entertainment/tv/Chhanchhan-to-go-off-air-Anuj-has-mixed-feelings/articleshow/21892469.cms

I think the show is going off-air Meens. There was no way the show was going to survive especially when it was the last in TVT ratings across all the channels. So there is no way Sony is going to put on a show that is high cost for production but is not doing well and hence it is closing off the serial.

With CC, everything went bad - the characters/the story and the basic plot itself. The channel and the PH didn't know what they wanted to bank on and in the resulting khichdi the show lost its bearings. Hopefully next time around Sanaya will take her time and come in a good show even if that means waiting out for 5-6 months. And I just hope this show closure will not have the Satyanash that IPK had and the fan-wars will not be there.

Popcorn ! ๐Ÿ˜† Its getting better by the day. Wese Avinash beta IPK ka Barun ek hi banda hai jisne pure dil se mubarak baat aur dua di hai aapke show ko.

"Barun quit the show to pursue a career in Bollywood leading to the show going off air. Avinash, however, insists that he would never go back on his commitment. "Tomorrow, if I am offered a film I won't leave my shows midway. I respect my work and profession enough to not do such a thing.""

kaafi kuchch hai kehne ko par kya kya kahoonโ€ฆ.he he he ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜›
Originally posted by Pr1yanka

kaafi kuchch hai kehne ko par kya kya kahoon'.he he he ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜›

Tell out Pri, these days I am finding my needed entertainment in the offscreen segments. Aur waise bhi everyone is suffering from FIM disease - ek se badhkar ek. Do put out your thoughts here, would love to read it.
MoM thoughts on Andaz Apna Apna.

Rads was supposed to do the kick off for MoM for Andaz Apna Apna but since she is unwell, I am doing it. I am not that great of a writer as Visi, Hain, Savs and others on the thread but hopefully you will pardon my first attempt.

Andaz Apna Apna has a special place in my life - It was the first movie that I went out for with my college friends as a part of all girl movie date. My mom was not very keen on me going out for a movie date but she had a special corner for Aamir Khan and so she agreed. We were supposed to go in the afternoon and then have an evening snack in the restaurant near by and be back home by 6PM. Absolutely loved the movie and it was a very beautiful day that I enjoyed with my friends.

Coming to the movie, I think the movie is not that extra-ordinary or path breaking but had completely awesome dialogues and was a spoof on everything. If we compare with the movies that were being released at that time, this was a breadth of fresh air in the sense that it was not at all violent and promised full on laughter dose. Seeing the movie after 20 yrs, the feelings are still the same. The dialogues were awesome and I loved the dialogues between Amar and his dad/Prem and his dad and all the interactions of various characters.

Amar played by Aamir is a guy who dreams a lot and hopes on landing a rich bride. He is a smooth talker and hardly does any work in his life. Raveena played by Raveena is a rich girl who comes down from London to find herself a groom and that gives a chance to Amar to con his dad of his shop and off he goes in search of Raveena to make her his. Prem played by Salman in a very under-rated role is a dumb wit person who believes he can be a hero material and with the backing of Mehmood sells off his Dad's shop and house and goes in search of Raveena. Loved the interaction of Amar and Prem in the bus - Both are trying to fool each other, The dialogue of Prem - Saala mein pheku toh ek mujhse bada pheku sums both of them.

After a very good dose of laughter due to the one-manship both Prem and Amar try to indulge in both try to help each other out and call a truce. Amar wins the toss to make Raveena fall for him and Prem falls for Karishma, the friend of Raveena and both the couples are happy. The twist in the tale is that Raveena is actually Karishma the poor girl whereas Karishma is Raveena the rich daughter of Ram Gopal Bajaj who came to find true love and decided to pretend to be poor to find a good person who would love her for herself and not for the money she carries. This sequence is hilarious when Amar gets to know the truth. Awesome acting by Aamir khan.

Finally the Dad Ram Gopal Bajaj lands and sees through these 2 fools, Amar Prem loafers of first degree and side by side you have Shyam(Teja) who is the judwa of Ram and who is a criminal. Full on masti the second half with mistaken identities and hilarious fight sequences. I know we friends enjoyed the movie so much that in the end we had stomach cramps due to the laughter.

The songs were of Majrooh Sultanpuri and I love all the songs since they were so catchy and the lyrics were too good. My personal favorite is 'Ello Ello Sanam' (especially for the picturization and the strong resemblance to the Naya Daur song of Vijayanthimala and Dilip Saab - Maang ke Saath tumhara) and 'Ye raat aur Ye Doori'.

All in all a one time watch and I hope all of you had good enough laughs while watching this movie. Apologies if my MoM post was not up to the usual SG's thread standards.

PS:- Can some one point out our own Shashi Babua in the movie. He has a few seconds part in the movie.

Edited by psarada - 10 years ago
Psy, thanks much for kick starting MoM. Great synopsis on the movie. Supposed to be sure fire BO hit because of the casting of the lead pairs but was not. I remember watching it then and having shared lot of laughs but did not remember the details.

This time around, I focused on all the characters other than the lead pairs๐Ÿ˜‰ and  realized that  the comedy fest was brought in by ensemble supporting cast - Deven Verma, Mehmood, Shakthi Kapoor, Viju Khote, Paresh Rawal and so many more. The opening scene with Juhi was quite funny when you think at that time Aamir-Juhi were the it onscreen couple. The movie was loud and over the top at times but had  its quota of good laughs and entertainment value.

Edited by savvy05 - 10 years ago