Bani - Ishq Da Kalma

Why Bani is so weak?

leavesandwaves thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago
Bani's character is the perfect example of ablanaari. She is so weak that anyone can say or do anything to her, she wont say a word.

Tomorrow if that fellow rapes her, I am sure she will keep quiet in the name of family honour.

It is these kinds of girls who give a bad name to women and a headache to viewers.

I am not able to have any sympathy for her. On the otherhand she puts me off.

Weakest lead.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SophiTots thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
This is a stereoty[pical drama, where if you notice. most every character is a classic stereotype. So, as the female lead, Bani's character is what in our traditional society is considered the ideal girl. In simple words, a sacrificial baby goat.

Now if this had been "India Fights Back" you would see real women instead of ideal women...

kritikakk thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
this traditional concept of ideal bahu is very much misconstrued! standing up for oneself, excersising ones rights to fight back for ones own dignity ... these r things that r claimed to make a woman not so ideal as these women r considered confontrational n having an attitude rather then considering d women having self respect!

however, its 1 thg to be a victim of circumstances and another ball game to keep quiet n play d victim! bani belongs to latter cato!
i also have no sympathy for her!
SophiTots thumbnail
Originally posted by: kritikakk

this traditional concept of ideal bahu is very much misconstrued! standing up for oneself, excersising ones rights to fight back for ones own dignity ... these r things that r claimed to make a woman not so ideal as these women r considered confontrational n having an attitude rather then considering d women having self respect!

however, its 1 thg to be a victim of circumstances and another ball game to keep quiet n play d victim! bani belongs to latter cato!
i also have no sympathy for her!

Agreed! If you speak about the rights of women, not just the gender ones, but just basic human rights, that everyone of the species should have, gender/race/religion no bar, a lot of people call you "feminist" like it's a cuss word! 
And the whole dismissive attitude in both men and women( and in this I blame the urban woman... Girls from my school ,my uni, girls who come from educated well of backgrounds are the guilty ones here) when they say " oh my god, you are such a feminist" like they are offended/disgusted by the word...

Sadly this happens in the western world as well... Texas democratic filibuster, anyone?
poorvab thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
very well said! women should b shown with strength so it encourages real women too !
suk19 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
i have been a silent reader i totally agree with you,   Bani has to fight this battle  with her in laws have her bro in law put in jail then  file a complaint against her husband n in laws she has to become stronger 
kritikakk thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
@sophi ... i agree, there r many biasity in d world, even internationally!

it annoys me when i have such highly educated female family members, friends n even colleagues who bicker n complain abt feeling harrassed n forced to work long hours without pay n benefits, yet they never say a peep to their boss or take any action!

i myself was in that situation once, and i was very vocal abt it even quit my job, but i had peace of mind coz i knew except for myself no1else wld ever stand up for me!
-Hima- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Bani has always been portrayed as a girl who succumbs to family pressures and does what people around her tell her to do(for their happiness🤢). She was never shown as a daring type of girl.. be it letting Desho get her way with getting her married to an NRI.. talking openly to Soham even after Rajji repeatedly informed her that Soham loved her.. being almost molested by that creep, etc. She is a girl who has been pushed around to do things by her own family members( read Desho) to fulfill their own selfish desires. When the girl cannot open her mouth and tell her own mother what is actually on her mind and atleast try to do something to get her way.. what can you expect from her in her sasural?😕 Yes, she is the abala nari of the worst kind.. who doesn't know how to bravely face situations and stand up to herself and her own rights. She will be shown to suffer silently while that creep makes his grand plans to get his hands on her at any cost.🤢 

But so far Bani has been raised with lot of love and care from her parents.. this is probably the first time the girl is in actual trouble.. she still does not know that Parmeet has left her.. her MIL seems to be nice to her and she still doesn't know that she has no place in her sasural. May be this phase will be a lesson for her.. she needs to learn to keep her self-respect and that not all people deserve the same respect all the time. She needs to fight the battle with that creep(Randeep) and also win it. She has to get him punished for his offenses and shut her SIL up for good. She needs to stand up to Darji, Desho and MIL for spoiling her life by getting her married to that spineless Parmeet. I hope like Rajji, Bani also finds the strength to fight for her rights in the coming episodes. She should start working soon and gain financial independence. If this happens, then may be I will start to like Bani's character.. or else, I really don't care about her character.. as of now, she is nothing but an insult to women across the country!
koolsadhu1000 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
The best thing was dumping Soham for the demolition of the brick wall . What unity of family it achieved , Desho spoilt her niece's life and tried to settle her own daughter well .
SophiTots thumbnail
Originally posted by: -Hima-

Bani has always been portrayed as a girl who succumbs to family pressures and does what people around her tell her to do(for their happiness🤢). She was never shown as a daring type of girl.. be it letting Desho get her way with getting her married to an NRI.. talking openly to Soham even after Rajji repeatedly informed her that Soham loved her.. being almost molested by that creep, etc. She is a girl who has been pushed around to do things by her own family members( read Desho) to fulfill their own selfish desires. When the girl cannot open her mouth and tell her own mother what is actually on her mind and atleast try to do something to get her way.. what can you expect from her in her sasural?😕 Yes, she is the abala nari of the worst kind.. who doesn't know how to bravely face situations and stand up to herself and her own rights. She will be shown to suffer silently while that creep makes his grand plans to get his hands on her at any cost.🤢 

But so far Bani has been raised with lot of love and care from her parents.. this is probably the first time the girl is in actual trouble.. she still does not know that Parmeet has left her.. her MIL seems to be nice to her and she still doesn't know that she has no place in her sasural. May be this phase will be a lesson for her.. she needs to learn to keep her self-respect and that not all people deserve the same respect all the time. She needs to fight the battle with that creep(Randeep) and also win it. She has to get him punished for his offenses and shut her SIL up for good. She needs to stand up to Darji, Desho and MIL for spoiling her life by getting her married to that spineless Parmeet. I hope like Rajji, Bani also finds the strength to fight for her rights in the coming episodes. She should start working soon and gain financial independence. If this happens, then may be I will start to like Bani's character.. or else, I really don't care about her character.. as of now, she is nothing but an insult to women across the country!

Agreed... Bani has been shown to be typical "well raised " girl here, lots of love, not enough spine.😒

I think I was equally put off with Manpreet saying the whole izzat dialogue like she was admiring how Bani kept the assault a secret, but her I can partially excuse cause she is the mother of the would be rapist.😡
Bah! Give me India Fights Back any day!👏