August 14, 2013 Episode - Some Observations - Page 2

Posted: 10 years ago
Originally posted by Angie12

🤣 Thanks Kaatayani,  this is so great about Raavan raising the first jurisdictional issue.  That he did and he also set a precedent.  Now nobody can stop Ram from making a try of lifting the bow. 

Are you sure that it would be Vishwa sir who will be inspiring his disciple?  The promo shows that it would be Ram's buddy Mahadev who would be encouraging his best friend/brother-in-law (Parvati did make Vishnu her brother). 

the story.. i mean the "real" story states that Lakshman erupted  and glorified the Suryavanshi chivalry 

I am sure Raam's hands must have been itching to jump into the fray tooo... but the guy is too  maryadit to do so.. so Vishwa sir orders.. Go Ram Go...!!! Show tht you are a Man...!!

as far as best buddy mahadev is concerned... now He is Raam aaradhya... more of an inner guide... 

I would love to have a scene where smoke surrounds Raam and Mahadev... the whole darbar is just paused and remains a statue... 

in such a scenario.. both the buddies can share their views

Thanks Angie, didnt know that urmila is sita's sister..
No, i dont watch with subtitles, I can manage to understand 30% of what they say but the rest of 60% goes to Written Update(thanks to updaters) and Google 😆 there are some words even in WU sometimes that i dnt understand...Anyway, actors expression also help when i really dnt understand anything..you know even subtitles can be confusing..for example i watched a bollywood movie with french subtitles, the lines on the movie were easy modern hindi mixed with english and having also french subtitles it was like "hearing" actors dialogues twice in my head..quite tiring 😳
really loved reading ur detailed analysis..i am loving the interaction between ram and sita..and the way sita closes her eyes in fear is really cute..
Yes the epi are really good now..but raavan seems a joker with looks...
Funny thing he played hero in our punjabi movies...
I cant imagine raavan as like this!!!
Originally posted by misti73

Thanks Angie for your thoughts. Liked them. Now mine will be short compared to what you have written.😉 Actually I will be extremely worried if you start writing short thoughts...

So the things I liked regarding yesterday's episode. Some of the points I have already mentioned in the update thread.
1) Lakshman's anger and him wanting to teach Ravan a lesson. I had a big smile on my face seeig him angry. Now the real Laksman is back and I hope he stays like this. Actually now I want to see an argument between Urmila and Lakshman.
2) Also liked Ram protesting to Vishwamitra and his restrained anger.
3)Liked watching Sita's expressions and he apprehension. Also liked the exchange of glances between Sita and Ram. Felt very bad for Sita when Janka allowed Ravan to take part. Sita does not know that Janak knows that nothing wrong will happen. I also liked Sita running to the idol of Gauri to voice her fears and still being apprehensive regarding what is going to happen.
4) Liked Urmila telling Sita that even f Ravan manages to string the dhanush, she does not have to marry him.
5) Like Narad's background commentary

What I did not like...
The way they are projecting Ravan. He is too one dimensional for me and is irritating me. I also have this urge to hold his horns and shake his head.

Misti,  thanks.  I know you will be worried about my health if I start writing in your concise style.  This week, I was working on a project and person of incharge of that project asked us to send 4-5 bullet point about key conclusions from our respective areas.  I ended up typing 3 pages (single spaced) even though it was still 5 bullets, while cursing him simultaneously for making me do all this work at the last minute when I am already busy writing a lengthy paper for the project.  But afterwards it occured to me that more than likely he just wanted a half page of conclusions and I didn't have to write so much in detail.

Coming back to Ramayan,  I too had the same likes that you mentioned.  I liked both Ram and Sita's reactions.  But of course Lakshman was the star and Urmila approving glances were hilarious.  I really liked Urmila's advise to Sita that it was swayamvar and she didn't have to marry a guy even if he breaks the dhanush.  I like the way they are showing Urmila.  

I have always liked Naarad in Mahadev.  His background commentary was hilarious.  

I have not seen episodes with Ram's family.  So I don't know how they have showed Kakayi, Kaushalya and Bharat.  But so far Raavan is the one that I don't like that at all.  He was just too irritating with all that nonsense he was talking yesterday.  I want to take off those horns altogether.  They really need to improve Raavan.  

Kaatyani,  I like your interpretation that Mahadev is just Ram's inner guide as his aaradhya.  I wouldn't mind watching the scene you describe.  You come up with a great word "Maryadit".  That's why Lakshman is such a great foil to Ram's restraint.  He says things that viewers wants to hear.  Well, Ram's grim expressions at the beginning (when Raavan was going on and on) and his mild smile at Sita's expressions of reliefs at the end showed that he was itching to go there and lift that dhanush. 

Originally posted by Myra.nelly

Thanks Angie, didnt know that urmila is sita's sister..
No, i dont watch with subtitles, I can manage to understand 30% of what they say but the rest of 60% goes to Written Update(thanks to updaters) and Google 😆 there are some words even in WU sometimes that i dnt understand...Anyway, actors expression also help when i really dnt understand anything..you know even subtitles can be confusing..for example i watched a bollywood movie with french subtitles, the lines on the movie were easy modern hindi mixed with english and having also french subtitles it was like "hearing" actors dialogues twice in my head..quite tiring 😳

Myra, I admire you for being able to watch a show where you are only able to understand 30%.  I have sometimes the same problem when I see subtltles for a movie that I can understand.  Despite my best efforts, I end up reading them and also hear the dialogues.    Nowadays I try to make sure that I write everything in English when I write in forum, or write translations in paranthesis.  But sometimes I forget.  So let me know if you do not understand any word.

Originally posted by raj.

really loved reading ur detailed analysis..i am loving the interaction between ram and sita..and the way sita closes her eyes in fear is really cute..

Raj, thanks.  I too like the interaction between Ram and Sita and Sita's expressions are really good (fear, relief, happiness etc.).  She is not able to state her thoughts in the swayamvar, but the expressions convey her thoughts.  I like the naturalness of scenes they are showing so far.  
Originally posted by Soniaman

Yes the epi are really good now..but raavan seems a joker with looks...
Funny thing he played hero in our punjabi movies...
I cant imagine raavan as like this!!!

Oh, so he plays hero in Panjabi movies.  Wonder if he speaks so loudly there too.  I don't know how CVs can make Raavan such a silly character.  He is more like Raavan of street Ramleelas.  There you don't mind seeing such a Raavan as you are going for melodrama.  But here this Raavan just is so irrittating.
Originally posted by Angie12

Misti,  thanks.  I know you will be worried about my health if I start writing in your concise style.
Angie it is not only me who will be worried but I think quite a few in the CB crowd will also be.😉
  This week, I was working on a project and person of incharge of that project asked us to send 4-5 bullet point about key conclusions from our respective areas.  I ended up typing 3 pages (single spaced) even though it was still 5 bullets, while cursing him simultaneously for making me do all this work at the last minute when I am already busy writing a lengthy paper for the project.  But afterwards it occured to me that more than likely he just wanted a half page of conclusions and I didn't have to write so much in detail.😆 So let me guess you wrote almost half a page for each "bullet point"...😆

Coming back to Ramayan,  I too had the same likes that you mentioned.  I liked both Ram and Sita's reactions.  But of course Lakshman was the star and Urmila approving glances were hilarious.  I really liked Urmila's advise to Sita that it was swayamvar and she didn't have to marry a guy even if he breaks the dhanush.  I like the way they are showing Urmila.  
Urmila is turnng out to be such a delight.

I have always liked Naarad in Mahadev.  His background commentary was hilarious.  
I have always liked Narad and his ways regarding winding up people. 

I have not seen episodes with Ram's family.  So I don't know how they have showed Kakayi, Kaushalya and Bharat.  But so far Raavan is the one that I don't like that at all.  He was just too irritating with all that nonsense he was talking yesterday.  I want to take off those horns altogether.  They really need to improve Raavan.  
Yes to all here.They need to improve Ravan. He is too one dimensional here and is being reduced to a carricature.I have nothing against the actor...it is the characterisation that needs to be improved.