Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sashashyam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago
Sonya dear, what I like about you is your consistency of approach.  Of course consistency also leads, fairly soon, to predictability.

You have an image of the perfect Jodha in your mind, to which you  are fiercely addicted. When she seems to conform to that mould, as yesterday,  you are pleased, and when she seems to drift away from it, as on the day before, it exasperates you. It is all a predictable pattern, and these characters also yo yo from one situation to the other, so it is almost as if Ekta plans her scripts with such reactions in mind.

I, on the other hand, do not care much  for any of these characters, and my responses to them are situational, again varying from one episode to another, but for a different reason from yours.

I  am waiting for the day when you will surprise me by being unpredictable.

Shyamala Aunty

Originally posted by: SonyaBlade

I'm having a really hard time understanding that when Jodha has done NOTHING wrong, how is it somehow that everyone manages to blame her still??? 

After all, its not as if he's going to die after eating extra spicy food. That's quite clear with the rant that he's able to produce...somehow his burnt throat didn't prevent him from yelling at her...

And I like this Jodha who is so not concerned about him. he's telling her that his throat is burnt and his face is on fire...and she just doesn't care. Personally I really like this...because I would find it unbelievable if she helps him one moment and then the next rages at how much she hates him. That would be a contradiction to me, this behavior of Jodha's is consistent at least with her acting aloof and distant from him.

pallavi003 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sashashyam

Okay, folks, I am not losing the plot and repeating episode numbers. This is the real No. 42, and I had goofed up and skipped a number last night. And no, at my age, it was not the after effect of that hamaam scene!😉  Thanks a lot to Zoyafan and QuiNotti  who alerted me to it ever so discreetly. Who says GenX does not have beautiful, considerate manners?

I was in two minds today about posting anything, and only partly because my left eye has not yet quite made up its mind if it wants to stop imitating a tomato.

It was more because the episode left me feeling rather tired and also a bit sad about  the vagaries of human nature. Plus the terminally soapy device of pretending for the sake of the khushi or bhalayi of someone or the other, and lying thru one's teeth to that end,  is enough to  set my teeth on edge; every single saas bahu serial, without exception, has it. 

The truth is always the safer bet, and then it can be sugar-coated as desired, but the denizens of TV soapland are in love with untruth, and the more blatant the better. So is  Jodha now, apparently believing that the charade she has embarked upon can be kept up indefinitely. Let us get the score on this operation, beginning yesterday.

Jodha-Jalal: the score yesterday: Okay, so she wants that, and of course she needs Jalal's sustained cooperation to carry it thru. So she goes -  after some strong persuasion for the extremely practical Motibai, who has 10 times as much commonsense as her mistress -  to see Jalal. He agrees to oblige her and, after some coaching,  to lie thru his  perfect pearly whites for her sake.

She in turn, helps him bathe, most reltouctantly, it is true, but still she does it. If she had had any sense of humour, she would have dissolved in infectious laughter at her own plight,  and Ekta's serial would have been shortened by about 200 episodes! But our Jodha is not burdened with this attribute, so she does not appreciate her spouse's mischievous grins.

So far, they are quits.

Jodha-Jalal: the score today: Now for today's happenings. Jalal is extra welcoming and warm to Bharmal and Mynavati. He lays it on thick about Jodha to her mother. A hint of a grateful smile  is  visible on Jodha's face.It is, however,  immediately chased away by Jalal mentioning, with a straight face,  but an impish gleam in his eye, meant for Jodha,  that she had learnt a new rivaaz  from him,  at one try, the day before. Like Queen Victoria, Jodha is not amused!  Round 1 to Jalal.

To pay him back for that mischievous sally, Jodha scolds him for coming into the room with Lord Krishna's idol with his jootis on. Jalal must have wondered, at this point,  why all his khaas Begums seem to  be eternally after his beloved jootis!  His eyes, as he slowly raises them to Jodha's, look almost grim - for it is a very cheeky remark - but he makes a quick recover, and apologises, blaming his forgetfulness. Mynavati is amazed at the good humour of her javaisa,  and Jodha smiles in secret triumph. Round 2 to Jodha.

Not one to go down without a fight, Jalal now hints  very broadly  at perfect conjugal felicity between Jodha and himself, mentioning her having pulled him up about the jootis the night before too, and wondering about the wounds on her arm (from the broken bangles of  the night before last) which, he says, were not there the previous night.  Jodha turns pink with embarrassment at the implications of his remarks; and as Jalal  leaves, the two of them eye each other like Kilkenny cats, eager for the next sparring match.

Maybe the bangle bit was rather insensitive, but the rest of it is  a perfectly legit, no holds barred boxing bout, from which Jalal retires having won on points. This is not yet the self-destructive spousal hostility of Who is afraid of Virginia Woolf .

Alas, this is soon going to change, and change drastically, for the worse, after the Mahaam-induced fiasco of Begum Jodha's  lazeez khana.  

Pre-Chilli: Coming to that, I wondered why the Shahenshah eats in solitary state. Even if Bharmal cannot join because of the beti ke ghar paani bhi nahin peete rule (I was in fact looking to see whether Bharmal  had a water bottle, or the 16th century equivalent thereof, tucked away in his choga. But perhaps, since he is a son of the desert, he shares the ability of the ship of the desert to go on for days without the aforesaid paani!😉), what of Bhagwan Das and Mansingh?  Both of them are obviously exempt from the paani nahin peete fiat, since both have been both eating and drinking in the palace for weeks now.  If one or both of them had sat down to the meal with Jalal, Mahaam would never have pulled that stunt, as it would have been spotted  with the first mouthful either of them took.

Next, Jodha has at least 5  maids in attendance all the  time. Not one of them, not even Motibai,   has the notion of  being watchful and making sure their special khana was safe;  instead they all  sashay off in Jodha's wake.  Staff is the same everywhere and in every age, never where they should be!

Plus, this chilli stunt is as old as the hills and as boring; it is unworthy of the quality we have got used to in Jodha Akbar. And the explanations for Jalal eating it till he practically has smoke coming out of his ears  -imperial pride, wanting to keep his word to Jodha etc. - are all nonsense. He could have put an end to it after the first bite by jokingly asking Bharmal if they  preferred such red hot food to match the  fiery Rajput temperament, and the cat would have been out of the bag at once.  It is pathetic, this screenplay.

Post-Chilli:  Having skimmed thru the vigorous arguments in MoronskiMallika's thread,  for and against Jodha and for and against Jalal,  I feel that both of them are  OTT, Jalal furiously and Jodha mulishly.

But he is the one more sinned against than sinning. He has treated Bharmal and Mynavati with great courtesy and  consideration, he has been very kind to Mansingh (even if Jodha sees this as aimed at corrupting the young  man), and he has lied manfully  to please Jodha and keep her parents not just happy but in the seventh heaven of parental joy and satisfaction . Against all this, what are  few mischievous sallies  at Jodha's expense ? So, in the pre-chilli phase, she owes him  a good bit.

Why then  does Jodha assume that he is making up the chilli complaint? If she had taken even a single look at him while he was eating, she would have known that something was badly wrong. But  of course she does not. Even  without that, a look at him pouring all that water down his throat as she is coming into  the room should have alerted her.

Her response to his fierce question as to why she did it, that she has no bhay of him,  is bizarre.

When Hanuman returned from Lanka with Sita's token for Lord Rama, he announces, as soon  as he is in Rama's presence,  Dekha Sitaji ko. He wants to spare Rama even that one extra  split second of anxiety, the time taken to pronounce  the  2 more words,  if he had said Sitaji ko dekha.

So also here, Jodha should have said at  once Nahin kiya maine! The categoric negative, accompanied by the info that Mahaam Anga had tasted the food and found it lazeez, plus a word of concern for his pain and a move to get him some honey to soothe his burnt tongue -  and Jalal would not only have believed her and launched a successful  investigation to nail the culprits, but he would have instantly  forgotten all his ills.

There is no point in  listing out all his misdeeds  of 2 days back. He was drunk then,  but yesterday, and more so today, sober as a judge, he has turned up trumps for the  wife whom he had promised to make  miserable. Does Jodha even try to think thru  that if he really meant what he said to her that night, why then is  he now putting up  the show which she desperately wants, and why is he being  extra considerate and obliging to her parents?  No, she does not, for she does not want  her hatred of Jalal, which is by now an axiom for her, to be diluted by any such analysis or any contrary facts.

I simply could not understand  the folly of her simply repeating that she is not afraid of him. Which of course drives him to furious, over the top imprecations and threats, plus a great deal of outraged rhetoric about what is owed to the dignity of a Shahenshah.

I was also taken aback by her totally ignoring the hurt he has suffered, not   offering  at least a sliver of sympathy,  and not insisting on the incident be investigated at once by Jalal. The way she behaves, harping on what she would  not do while her parents were in Agra,  would, even in an unconcerned bystander, only reinforce the conviction that she-dun-it.  It all goes to prove that if there is one thing Begum Jodha does not have, it is sound practical sense,  plus some understanding even of 'the other' to borrow Sangeeta's evocative phrase.

Jodha is a perfect Scarlett O'Hara to Jalal's Rhett Butler, and their interactions have the same sharp edge, and the same, unfailing ability to get the other's back up and to maul whatever it is that is budding between them. The only difference is that  here, unlike the muted tragedy of Gone with the Wind, not even Ekta Kapoor can change the happy ending. But what I  fear is that the longer such unnecessarily harsh interactions between them continue, the more difficult will it be for the CVs to effect the eventual transition to a loving and trusting relationship  gracefully and convincingly.

Thought for the day: It  seem to be  the general consensus that by conferring the 5000 level Mansubedari on Bharmal,  Jalal  has gained a substantial politico-military advantage, by co-opting the Rajputs to fight for the Mughals instead of against them. This might well  be true for the long term, for   after all Akbar reigned for all of  49 years. But right now, seeing the way the Amer forces, reinforced by Suryabhan's troops, fared against Sharifuddin,  I personally think Jalal will be paying out 30000 asharfis a month  for a langda ghoda that cannot even trot, not to speak of winning races!😉  

Shyamala B.Cowsik

I suppose for the first time I have some different POvs on certain things regarding last episode..😊 As for Jalal-Jodha's mini verbal war over the food fiasco , I think the sole reason for this is the lack of trust on each other. The trust which is the foundation stone of any successful relationship, they are missing out for each other. As jalal doesn't believe that Jodha is not lying to him as does she. So basically if it was not MA it could be anyone who can build a wall of misunderstanding between them easily..
For Jalal the reason as he thinks Jodha can play this cheap trick to him is as he partially forced her last day to bathe him and Jodha had to obey him reluctantly for the sake of her parents. so right now Jodha is taking revenge for that . From Jalal's POV Jodha knows  whatever be the situation, Jalal would keep his words as  till then he did not show any disrespect or utter any
word that could probably hurt jodha's parent which he could have done easily  as it was not necessary that he had to keep his promise..But he did. so she taking the advantage of his promise. 

On the other hand from Jodha's POv jalal doesn't miss any chance to humiliate her. And for her it's really too tough to believe that really the food was pungent as she herself tasted it. 

So if we follow this two egoistic people thoroughly what we get is both doesn't understand each other, doesn't believe each other and ain't well-acquainted with each other fully. They have no idea what the other one can do and what is beyond their imagination, What can hurt their dignity and what makes them proud. And I really doubt aunty if Jodha would have said that MA also tasted the food and jalal should ask her but still  jalal wouldn't have questioned her as it indirectly states that Jalal was lying to frame her .

P.S- take care of your eyes aunty and get well soon..😊

Edited by PallaviDas003 - 10 years ago
sashashyam thumbnail
Jenny, what I  am  beginning to dislike about the show is its tiresome reliance on the worst cliches of TVdom, like the mirchi, and the reaction of both sides to it.

I do not see how Jalal could have thought it was anything but Jodha trying plague him taking advantage of his promise - it was like a locked room mystery: she was the chef and how did it get so spicy under her supervision if she had not done it herself?  But then these are all so standard issue, and any novelty they could have introduced by  making Jodha react with instinctive and disarming compassion to his suffering was of course not even thought of by the CVs, it would seem.

If JA goes on like this, and very likely gets worse, there will be no problem for my poor eye, for I will quit rather than spend my time analysing such tripe. I came here only because it promised to be fresh and appealing; I did not sign up for stale leftovers from a  bunch of other serials.  I can always rewatch the (much superior) film.

Shyamala Aunty

Originally posted by: jennylives85

Aunty sorry to know you still havent recovered...hope you do so soon, we all want to enjoy your posts totally guilt-free :).

Inspite of practically everybody's tirade against Jodha for her lack of sense, compassion, humanity towards a stricken Jalal - well, I find myself taking her side. I mean, shes still very young of age and no matter what royal training, conditioning she underwent, nothing could have prepared her for drunken abuse from her husband.So that last encounter with an angry Jalal must have been foremost on her mind. Isnt it possible she simply parroted "You dont scare me", as a means to assure herself.Despite her apparent composure, how could she not have been afraid of Jalals angry self.
😕

A couple of days is hardly anything to overcome Jodhas hardened prejudice and lack of trust...hmmm but yes all said and done, the CVs could have handled Jodhas response with a lot more thought.

Edited by sashashyam - 10 years ago
.FemmeFatale. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Haaye haaye mirchi 😆 

Jalal's humility bowled me over yesterday.the ideal jamaai saa.Menavati was pretty pleased with him,much to Jodha's relief.he did keep his word,didn't he?

As u described it,it seemed like a game which had several rounds and each of them won, one round or the other 😆 

The mirchi scene,i must say,Jalal turned out to be be way better than I thought.He didn't explode in public,instead he chose to do it in private.

I found Jodha's reaction lacking.I mean,yeah,she didn't do anything wrong and all.But still,when someone is accusing you,however righteous you might be,you tend to clarify it.But she didn't 😕 She simply went on saying "aap humein daraa nahi sakte"

After a lot of repetition of that dialogue,Jalal finally gets the hint that somebody else must have done the deed,but she doesn't go ahead and elaborating it.So Jalal also let go of it and forgot about this possibility.

Jodha's reaction seemed believable in the beginning of this conversation,but as it progressed,it made em feel restless and i just wanted to scream saying "lady!go taste the food!" and ""arre usko bola vistaar se ki someone else has done it!" 

I feel she should have been a bit more shocked and baffled atleast at such an outpour.

And no,feeding such food was not a minor issue back then.It was a big issue,but Jalal turned out to be a way better human being than everyone thinks he is.

p.s : shyamala aunty,you should consider taking more rest! 

Edited by disha15 - 10 years ago
sashashyam thumbnail
Thank you,my dear.

No, I was not and am not a writer - this is just  a new hobby -  I was a professional diplomat for all of my working life till I retired recently. You can look me up easily on google, and http://www.flickr.com/photos/menik/2530924779/ has a neat resume. The photo is 9 years old, but it is still a decent likeness!

Shyamala B.Cowsik

Originally posted by: ashpat

i enjoyed reading your analysis. Just curious to know if you are writer? I mean do you have a career related to journalism, writing or literary research?

Thanks again for analysis. It's great as always.👏

leelaa9 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Thank you so much for this wonderful analysis.👏
Hope your health is completely recovered soon.😊
sashashyam thumbnail
Tejaswini, sweetheart,

First things first, I am  very pleased that like the other Jodha, Aishwarya Rai, you too have your priorities absolutely right: first the baby, then your new job at the law firm which must be demanding a lot of not just time but concentration,and only then this forum, even if it is for my threads!

In fact I am flattered that you made time for this long comment, and even more so that you see my JA posts as a the  KC of this forum. It is true that a very large, a surprisingly large number of young people here have been unbelievably sweet and welcoming to me, not only reading my 2-3 pagers but actually asking for more! To have you too here is like icing on my cake.

Yes, the film Mahaam Anga was a very different and far more impressive character, austere and compelling like a Cistercian monk, and she was far more astute in imperial (as distinct from kitchen) politics as well, on the lines of Bairam Khan.This one, occasional flashes apart, is so pedestrian in her cheap negativity. I am also only now getting used to this Jodha.

I agree with you that they should not keep lifting scenes from the film and then  botching them up with their routine soap masala. It is pathetic, and yesterday  was the worst yet. Let us hope it swings upwards from now on!

Affectionately,

Shyamala Aunty

Originally posted by: tejaswiniwenham

My dearest Shyamala Aunty

I have been meaning to write a good long post on your absolutely delightful threads sooner but am so overwhelmed with Vibhav and I've also just joined a law firm- its chaotic. Today I have finally had a bit of time to comment! Whilst I have been throughly enjoying jalal-jodha's flantering, (flirting+bantering) as my mother aptly calls it, sometimes this seems too much like pride and prejudice. its a well loved story but one we've all heard before. jodha still seems to have no realization that her behavior in jalal's darbaar has an impact. she seems like all the other cliche ekta heroines and honestly at times it gets a little tedious. and the chatur jalal at times seems to completely lose sight of what, for a man of his intellectual caliber, should be rather simplistic to figure out- y would jodha put mirchi in his food on purpose- that would shame her parents and completely make all her efforts to keep the truth from them futile! 

this show is definitely the closest ekta has come to fresh since kasautii zindagi kii (prerna's pregnancy was quite a shocker for indian tv i believe). but I completely agree with you about the pouring mirchi in food part. old dhakia nusi kitchen politics such as maham anga in today's episode is just plain boring now. without going into the arguments about this being insulting to maham anga who was a brilliantly shrewd and powerful women, too above any of this silliness, these kind of saas bahu nautanki is plain crass humour that is just simply passe and dull. no one wants to see this.

I believe Ashutosh Gowarikar's film handled this jodha cooking scene with a lot more finesse and fun. in the movie maham anga did try to show down jodha but she does in a very politically correct fashion in court rather than play petty games. and jodha also tactfully handles the situation and skillfully diffuses the tension by asking jalal not to eat a dish because there is too much salt in it. compared to that beautifully handled scene this seems just plain dim witted.

A good advice to the cvs would be- please try to stray from the path taken by jodha akbar the film as much as possible if you can't deliver something better or equally interesting. there will be comparison- thats inevitable. so wouldn't it be better to avoid similar scenes if the delivery of the story line will be uninteresting? it will save them some negative feedback.

Thank you for doing this Shyamala Aunty! This has become the Kools Commentary of this forum for me. Its fantastic!

Tejaswini   

ashpat thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: sashashyam

Thank you,my dear.

No, I was not and am not a writer - this is just  a new hobby -  I was a professional diplomat for all of my working life till I retired recently. You can look me up easily on google, and http://www.flickr.com/photos/menik/2530924779/ has a neat resume. The photo is 9 years old, but it is still a decent likeness!

Shyamala B.Cowsik

wow.i am impressed. Congratulation on all your achievements.👏👏👏👏👏😃
sashashyam thumbnail
Sangeeta, my dear girl,

Whatever would I do without you to pick up all my esoteric bits and pieces and have fun with them?

Chitra Banerjee Devakaruni, whom I got to know on my second posting in Washington in the mid-1990s,  wrote a very unusual book called The Mistress of Spices, which was made into a rather beautiful and fey film with Aishwarya Rai- a perfect piece of casting. I thought of that title, but as there was already a very interesting thread called The King and Queen of Spices, I went for this one. It is  an obvious riff on star-crossed, though so far you seem to be  the only one to have spotted that!

Next, thanks very,very much for picking up the ball and running with it for me, and so successfully too, in fact much better than I could have managed myself. Your linking this whole chilli fiasco up with Piu's amazing angle of the earth being  a common factor between Jalal  and Jodha, as also a healing force (mostly for him, as you have pointed out) raises the analysis to another and, for me, very  deep and soothing plane. Deep and raising might seem to be a contradiction in terms, but that is not really so.

I was simply blown away by the para about Jalal feeling rejected all over again by (what he sees as)  the nurturing he sought from Jodha having become an opportunity for her to deliberately hurt him. It is so very well put, and is so original as well, in terms of perceptiveness.

In short, your take on this is well and truly far away from all the pedestrian negativity and maddening squabbles that are now becoming the staple input in JA, alas!.This last is beginning to dismay me, and does not bode well for the future of this show, at least for me.

I am only sorry that you have not brought in your other fascinating idea of 'the other' ( I am yet to respond  to that post of yours, and probably never will manage it now, given my lousy time management and my eye problem. In fact I replied to Piu's pathbreaking analysis only  yesterday). That too would fit in here quite well.

As for @blue, I agree with you  in toto.  If Jodha had, immediately after issuing a firm and unequivocal denial, rushed to Jalal's side and done something to ease the burning, not out of fear  but out of sheer compassion, only would her character have  gone up several notches and become truly admirable, but the show would have been cut short, at a rough estimate,by  200 episodes.

Both would have manna from Heaven for us, especially the latter. Now we are going to be treated to those 200  episodes of  of yo yoing till the amar premis finally come round to hanging on each other's neck instead of seeking to get  hold of it and squeezing hard, real hard!

Given that the CVs  have fallen back so soon on the  done to death  mirchi  staple, one shudders at the prospect of what lies in store for us; probably every lousy cliche sourced from the Balaji data base of their old soaps, refitted in 16th century togs. And not carefully either, as with Bharmal talking to his ministers about 'Jalal', and not 'the Shahenshah', Ridiculous.

I too hope that the next two days in JA  are uneventful!

Shyamala Aunty

PS: You are a little out about what Jalal says to Jodha at the very end. He says You do not care for my burnt tongue, but you care for the feelings of those other people. You are not frightened of me, but  you are afraid of the ruswayi  of those people. Well, I will now go and tell Raja Bharmalji the truth...So the inference you have drawn there would not hold.

Originally posted by: smiletherapy

Spice-crossed lovers! Another fantastic allusion, Aunty!!! Also, loved the reference to Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? ha ha. And another delightful, insightful post Shyamala Aunty, which has sparked some great convo. 

I'm very short on time but cannot resist--so please bear with this somewhat disjointed response. 

It is indeed tiring the common plot points they used for this episode and the fact that they seem to be playing into everything in the same ways. Mainly I'm so annoyed that Jodha didn't clear up the situation--just in a practical sense, wouldn't you want to know if someone was deliberately sabotaging you? Even if you doubt Jalal--which how could you, but then we know Jodha's capable of great blindness when it comes to him--wouldn't you just make sure that he's lying, before dismissing the possibility of another saboteur? I guess she still doesn't recognize the insane crocodile infested waters she's in, nor the queen croc, MA. 

Sonya, I don't think there's a contradiction in helping someone you hate. We can always have compassion for our enemies--though granted it's not always wise to do so. Speaking for myself, it irks me that she doesn't seem to care one iota about his burnt tongue, not only b/c she ought to want to clarify the situation and clear her name (and her cooking guru's apparenty--if I understood that dialogue well), BUT mainly b/c of her big reputation as the broken-winged pigeon savior. She's protrayed as a person with all these ideals and also as a compassionate healer. So where's that compassion for the guy she's married to and bound for life? And just practically speaking, why not be compassionate to him here? It costs her nothing to offer him water, or honey to soothe his tongue. She's not losing any dignity by doing so. Gaining some rather. And surely one catches more flies with honey as opposed to spice...😉

Honestly, I htink if they would play up that angle of her, it would help to explain more about why Jalal is fixated on Jodha as the one who would heal his wounds--which Shyamala Aunty (if I read correctly from some previous posts) seems to suggest have been generated from abandonment issues from his mom. That makes a lot of sense, and makes Piu's amazing catch on the earth symbolism all the more apt and inspiring--Jodha smearing earth on her head; Jalal healing his hands with earth (she is the healing mother earth (matrbhumi) for him; or even a healing Mother India!) With this angle, too perhaps the CV's can begin to bring them closer.

[Added just a few minutes after posting] Oh I forgot to mention--I think also the spice thing further enrages Jalal as it opens up that wound of abandonment/not being cared for, b/c after all food is nourishment and a source of comfort. That he wanted her to feed him, I thin on a deeper level, he wants her to care about him; and feeding someone is one way to do that. So, that he thinks she mirched it up is not just an insult for him him, but another rejection. 

To that end, I thought one of the interesting things Jalal said to Jodha in their final confrontation last night--he seemed to gain insight on her (as he is an ever diligent reader of people and situations)--sthg like "So for you the feelings of others is more important than yourself?!" (my trans might be off-please correct me if it is)  Although he cmae off looking furious--I thought he might have found that impressive as well (as well as another weakness to exploit); and so when he storms off saying he's going to tell Bharmal the truth, I'm hoping that he believes Jodha didn't overmirch his food and instead says sthg about how she impresses him with her concern for others, which lays down another step towards them at least being amicable towards one another??? 

Hats off to everyone by the way for such interesting responses and to Aunty for the great inspiration! I find myself unable to resist responding, even though some serious work deadlines are looming! 

And Aunty, for you and only you, I am hoping that the next two episodes of JA are uneventful. Please, get some rest! 

sashashyam thumbnail
Thank you, my dear. But that is all history, and I am now just another stuffy old retiree!😉

Shyamala B.Cowsik

Originally posted by: ashpat

wow.i am impressed. Congratulation on all your achievements.👏👏👏👏👏😃