Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Pari117 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago
I will prefer committing suicide than being raped. Its my personal choice. You might have different opinion but for me my self respect matters much more than anything. You said "eeww" to my point but i'm proud that i've guts to fight till end but will never surrender before rapists
iMini thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: Pari117

Hey its personal choice i know but jayanta bai or sajja bai wasn't ignored the way mughals ignored jodha. You can try to read english version of ain e akbari you urself will realize that jodha wasn't even important like akbar's second wife who was widow i guess. No need to laugh upon it, its truth jodha is lost amidst mughal history. She is not even given importance by anyone.

see, nobody here knows what sort of a woman jodha was...so am not judging anyone.
iMini thumbnail

I will prefer committing suicide than being raped. Its my personal choice. You might have different opinion but for me my self respect matters much more than anything. You said "eeww" to my point but i'm proud that i've guts to fight till end but will never surrender before rapists

here it comes.what if you are already raped? should i be judged a bad girl just because i survived it? should i suicide now?
Pari117 thumbnail
Its ok i know everyone has right to live, but how can we accept a man who offended us? My point wz dat
Pari117 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Mini.S

here it comes.what if you are already raped? should i be judged a bad girl just because i survived it? should i suicide now?

no but if raped one can't accept dat man as husband. Never.
iMini thumbnail

no but if raped one can't accept dat man as husband. Never.

that wasn't jodha's case.akbar married her the way anyother king married those days.jodha may not have been a good wife in akbar's pov and found a better wife in ruqaiya
Pari117 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Mini.S

that wasn't jodha's case.akbar married her the way anyother king married those days.jodha may not have been a good wife in akbar's pov and found a better wife in ruqaiya

jahangir regarded jodha as his father's wife. Isn't it an insult to a mother? He doesn't even regarded jodha as mother
iMini thumbnail
see pari,its obvious jehagir didn't dislike jodha because she married his father.there must be other reasons. no one knows.
Pari117 thumbnail
Yes i know but i still believe that may be jodha had self respect and she nva accepted akbar dats why noone from mughal appreciates her. If jodha really didn't accept as some historians say i'll be feeling proud of her
myviewprem thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

my comment was related about situation of a lady staying in that century. In 21st century we have every means to fight against injustice, but things were not like that at that time. Ok lets agree to not "ending lives for honour" according to you in that era, but was it justified to accept a man who married you for the sake of extending his kingdom, who married you for d sake of lives of ur brothers. Its easy to lodge a complain against such man today and it will be termed as torture. My point was had jodha really been respect worthy she wouldnt have stooped so low by accepting a man who married her on cost of something

Its easy for us to accuse jodha but imagine all your brothers are captured in war the kingdom is defeated and if you do not marry your entire family will be killed by the winner what option jodha had? She did that to save her dynasty her father, brothers their kids and wives. And it is rumored that Jodha tried to kill Akbar on first night hence whenever Akbar went to her roomshe was first searched by maids for any weapon. Jehangir himself disliked his father Akbar and i think Jodha had a major role to play in this hatred between father-son. Jodha had been happy when Jehangir and Akbar had a fight for throne and it was Ruqaiah who put sense in Jehangir and stopped a potential war between father-son. Jehangir mentions that his best friends was only his milk brother Suleiman and grand mother Hamida. He felt lonely in company of his parents, wives and kids after his grand mother and milk brothers death. He also mentions that his brothers would not have died at young age of lonliness if only his family(parents may be) were more attentive and caring.

Edited by myviewprem - 10 years ago