Saraswatichandra

Crisp Bytes SC - 14th Aug 13 - Page 7

Arshics thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
This content was originally posted by: smrth

Ivy, 

'Chandrakant' is so under utilised. You know in book of Beta SC, chandrakant was real alpha! Taking all headlong. SC, VC, LN, Gumaan and Kusum...only one he always deferred to- Kumud!

We are heading for a triple marriage maybe - Saras Kumud, sunny kusum and Danny Kumari ! 

And there I hope sc will end. 

Other wise as hgg said we will have all the teri saree Meri saree se sunder kaise ! 

Though I must admit, Guman's sarees are worth fighting for ðŸ˜ƒ

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Ivy- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: arshicritic

We are heading for a triple marriage maybe - Saras Kumud, sunny kusum and Danny Kumari ! 

And there I hope sc will end. 

Other wise as hgg said we will have all the teri saree Meri saree se sunder kaise ! 

Though I must admit, Guman's sarees are worth fighting for ðŸ˜ƒ

Bold: ðŸ¤£ Hgg bhai's asides are a marvel! 

You know, as per spoilers, Yash was the one who spilled the beans to P. So your theories regarding Umess ðŸ¤¢ being back are credible. It's all in the service of hero-giri. Which I personally don't appreciate. Saras is not a "hero"... He is a flawed human being. That is what makes him stand out from the rest of telly denizens. It's S' innate essence which lies on the chopping block with this continuing track of Dukhbaa re-awakening, BD repenting, et al 

hotdogg thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: smrth

^^^

Actually yes Arshi. Dukhba fits the bill. Guniyal is too refined for likes of Gumaan and Pramaad. Let her deal with them. It's a fun to watch... But when it comes to Kumud and her 'Antarman'. Please let it be Guniyal, Cvs.

arshi & smrth--

also remember in 'good' TRP shows the 'good' heroine's mother is generally an extremely docile person...someone who has a fetish for self-sacrifice and who has no mind of her own...who always looks at samaj to show her the light and generally follows what others say and do...ergo the social 'lesson' ...if you are married and deemed good, please shut up and listen to what others have to say... that's what seems to be happening to guniyal's character...a pity since she was one with the force of character, wisdom, tact, most socially aware, problem solver, the cement for VC's world AND the person kumud was aspiring to become..

DB is now slowly morphing into the typical 'bua' character...(apparently there is some dadisa or such type character in the balika badhu? serial...this from one of my cousins..so cannot personally vouch for it) ...but along the lines of someone who is generally either ummarried or a widow but typically a family elder...but who is a big harridan type...to whom everyone defers too irrespective of whether this person is right or plain bonkers...

the moot point being that typically such a person is given alot of rope...and who when she does what she does is forgiven her trespasses on conventional behaviour ...and who is generally feared than loved...

Imagine...I mean till last week DB was so blisfully unaware and pushing the family to keep hands off kumud's life...it was only Guniyal who was sensitive enough to sense the undercurrents of something wrong, who pushed VC to find out discreetly about pramad, who was pushing for some sort of way to check with kumud!!!

So I think that is the path this will take...the fab Guniyal (one of the best depiction of a mom of a young girl with a modern outlook...look at the way she handled the PMS with kumud, saras & gumaan!!...) reduced to a caricature...🤢... Why can't we have a supermom which Guniyal was in the novel and which would have been so refreshingly real and with the times?  ...Really a Nayi Soch...

Edited by hotdogg - 10 years ago
Arshics thumbnail
Another problem : 

The timeline 

Since pagphera is happening now, it's only a few days since the wedding right? 

But already - blind faith in Naveen the naukar, respect for his acumen I get, but trust, of this level? 

BD already giving up on Kumud pramaad marriage - what did he expect, overnight miracle? Even he would have expected al least a few months time before his errant son is brought to heel

Isn't it too much reliance by an astute politican on two accidental miracle workers - Kumud and Saras? 

Logic ki vaat or rush to a speedy end? 
-Ivy- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: arshicritic

Another problem : 

The timeline 

Since pagphera is happening now, it's only a few days since the wedding right? 

But already - blind faith in Naveen the naukar, respect for his acumen I get, but trust, of this level? 

BD already giving up on Kumud pramaad marriage - what did he expect, overnight miracle? Even he would have expected al least a few months time before his errant son is brought to heel

Isn't it too much reliance by an astute politican on two accidental miracle workers - Kumud and Saras? 

Logic ki vaat or rush to a speedy end? 

The timeline is a big problem, Arshi, all over the place. 

I've always maintained that BD has no basis to transfer that much 'trust' onto Naveen/Saras. He's like propping Naveen up in the extreme of ways, and himself getting ready to face the hugest of personal blows. But will he? As you've mentioned, Saras is going to be that miracle for BD, in his quest to do 'right' by Kumud later. One 'son' replacing another. 

Another factor is that BD has no basis either to show this much concern for Kumud now. He blows hot and cold with her at the drop of a pin. He props her up, only to belittle Pramad. Kumud was his means to an end. So his repentance is not sitting right with me. His overnight or rather growing a conscience simply after reading a kavita is not believable. 

Plus, BD's "astuteness" is much to selective for my liking, Arshi. 

Bold: I would venture both. And add "character meddling" as well 

Edited by IdiotViewer - 10 years ago
smrth thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Yes Hgg, this was what I was trying to 'define'. Original Guniyal was far from docile. She is a real problem solver and pragmatic to hilt. But rarest of all, a unique sense of sincere empathy that never aimed for any OTT 'mahan giri' per se. As for a 'social meekness', if it comes to defend her views of a right and wrong- and invariably correct in assessments- she would stand up against mentor or elders- particularly misjudgements of VC, or even Maanchatur. Likes of 'philandering' Gaanchatur,she would put in place with one stroke. In later years, when VC was PM, she even adopted her maternal village and administrated it to an ideal example in the kingdom. She was original prototype for Kumud.. Unfortunately Kumud didn't find her VC- i.e. SC...But along with all- in a mass collapse- even 'Guniyal' fails in the end; Majorely, unbecomingly and most inconsistently. There lies the Failure.

Arshi, Ivy
Navin's establishment with BD is such a slipshod treatment. It's not making any sense. Actually Alak track is missed. Starting with SC rescuing Alak and earning their gratitude. 
Edited by smrth - 10 years ago
KK84 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Before giving my penny thoughts on ydays epi I have just copy pasted a thread I opened about my concerns re the fate of the show.

What is the fate of the show?

I just want to say that so apparently SC has two months and if doesn't pick up then its shut shop? So is this the reason why they are rushing the story a bit? Some say SC is slow moving but all the suspense and thrills are revealed a lot more quicker than in any other shows.

First the confession, now Saras actually potentially coming face to face with Desai's and Pramaad finding out about Saras and Kumud..isnt this all happening way too fast? Is this because they want a wrap? I am worried.

So many loopholes too…They haven't even once shown LN,Gumaan and Danny. I mean is this cos there is no point of them coming back in the show since its ending? Where is Sunny now? He was madly looking for Saras and wanting to go see Kumud but he wasn't there when she came? OR is that because he doesn't live with the Desai's?

I am really worried. This is all going the wrong direction. The production changing…I hope the show picks up for the better and carries on. Usually all shows that have come under scanner…how long have they really lasted? Max 6 months?

Whatever the fate of the show, it will always have a very special place in my heart. This show gave me (us) Gautam Rode! I mean I briefly remember him in Baa bahu baby and then he was awesome in Nach but I feel he really has made his mark through SC! He has always been around but SC has in a way put him on the map and I am eternally grateful to SLB for this!!!

For me 3 characters stood out the most yday..they were the highlight:

1.       Pramaad: Aanshul is good! My fav scene were when he was stuck between Kusum and Kumari and all the thoughts going through his head! It was hilarious! And when Badi Maa pulls his ear…you could see his blood boiling at that point! Really good expressions by Aanshul! I dunno yesterday  somewhere I saw a gleam of potential for Pramaad to become a good person…Though at the Desai's he is being nice not out of choice…I could see that something there…I feel perhaps Mrs B was right that he has a good heart! He is a good actor! And in a way for his sake I hope the show doesn't end so soon because he really has potential to do a lot more! Feels like abhi toh he hasn't even shown properly what he is capable of!

2.       Mr B: Infact my utmost fave scene..just cos it was soo beautiful was the confrontation between Mr B and Saras. The actor who plays Mr B is truly phenomenal!! I just love the dude! The way he talks is so nice…and how he explained to Saras about the whole situation of why he got Pramaad married to Kumud…The man has a pure heart and good intentions and I think after Yatin sir (he was def the cutest most loveable father!!) its Mr.B who takes the award for best dad! Not in terms of the way he is but in terms of acting and his aura! I loved the lines and the way he seeks help from Saras…I have always loved LN-Saras as father son Jodi even though they had their differences, they looked good together but now I feel that Mr B may have left LN behind! Saras and Mr B rock together!! He is definitely the son he could never have and vice versa for Saras.

3.       Badi Maa – Again another Jodi which is really special is that of Badi maa and Kumud! Their scene was really amazing because it reminded me of the pre wedding episodes! Its true that you can really relax when you go back to your parents house and that's exactly how Kumud was! When she was on the terrace with badi maa, she was her old self again! No worry, no tension about what will happen next, no uneasiness..she was Kumudsundari Desai!

I am happy that Badi maa has got an inkling that aal iz not well!!! Hopefully she will eventually find out the entire truth!

Lots of twists are about to come and I cant get my head around how Saras will come infront of the Desais and how on earth would they react?!!! That is def something I cant wait to see!! BUT I wont be able to bear the cold treatment they will all give him and Sunny…he will be so happy to see Saras (I hope the CVs don't sideline him and actually make sure that he does meet Saras!)

Conclusion – this show has immense potential! It really can go on for countless episodes but the CVs really need to move the focus on other people as well…as much as I would love to see Gautam all the time…I feel if they don't develop other character's storylines, the show won't last!

Good to see Inspector solanki back!! Though his case is more like good riddance to you but then it does add spice to the show!

ATTN CVS – Bring Danny back! Start his love story with Kumari! Bring Gumaan and LN back! Show something more of Kusum! A car cannot be driven on two wheels…You just cant expect Gautam and Jenny to carry the entire burden of this show! I really think for this show to last they will have to develop more stories.

Kat!

P.S. Gautam – you will always be my star!! Yday too your scene with Mr B was incredible! Each expression so apt!! Jenny too is sooo good with expressions! She can switch just like that! I love it! From defending Pramaad to being scared of him! The switch in expressions is so natural and fast! She is def my most favourite actress!!

KK84 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: pasumarthisa

Arshi, you sure are a natural. Superb lines.

Desais are seeing what they want to see. But its the same with Dugbaa. Thats why she is partly able to see what she wants to see - 'the truth' as only she has that urge to see that. She guessed it but I think Kumud will cut short her stay and take Pramaad back a little sooner to avoid this grilling.

Gaaon mein bhi ghar pe log high heels vagaira pehen kar ghoomte hain?

Pramaad managed well so far in Desai house. Well, like you said if the onlookers are blind, his job becomes very easy. And Kumud's face was like a switched off tubelight. So lacklustre and dull. But, no one noticed.

Saras I think didnt put that Kavita in the file. May be Kalika did it? But, he covered it well. He used it to push his agenda. And BD came down many notches and atleast accepted that he was 'swaarthii'. And the whole act by Saras made BD acknowledge his responsibility towards Kumud. People like BD still exist? Who hide their son's truth and get him married and scuttle the bahu's aspirations?

Kalika saw Kumud and Saras in his room and heard him saying Kumud. She sure has a shaq. Kalika and Pramaad will definitely put them in a spot.

Whatever is going to happen, I liked how Saras used the letter to present Kumud's case.

Precap was interesting. But what does Kumud have to hide. If she was in love with her fiance and was about to get married, that shouldnt be tough to handle. Thats a fact she can easily state. 

Good analysis!! I think with the precap its more a case of Pramaad didnt even know that she was about to get married to someone else. Another point which Mr B conveniently forgot to mention! It must be a case of Mr B saying to Pramaad 'you are getting married to this girl and thats it!' He clearly didnt want to and so obviously he didnt even know she was about to marry someone else! I think then he wouldve never accepted it because he is way too arrogant to accept someone's (from his perspective) 'pheka hua maal!!'

Kat
KK84 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: hotdogg

arshi...

some first impressions..

I checked the credits in the beginning when they were flashing below..it still mentions SLB as creative head..but wonder if that's an oversight...

I felt that overall this has definitely moved into a fast forward mode ...either to wrap this up in sep or get saras-kumud together and move to conventional tracks..

- SLB can go out and channel would agree only if the channel does not want to continue his vision..and he's fed-up fighting everyday
- new PH has its own show to cater / nurture ...IPK2
- new PH is a stand by / surrogate...Why will it take the baggage of the past and which is a high cost item to maintain
- So maybe its mandate is to finish where SLB left (maybe in a huff) in Sep?

1) Why was BD pleading and getting all melodramatic?
- Was he hinting today that he's made a mistake and willing to free kumud from her marriage once she returns..."I thought it will make a difference if he married kumud, but I don't see any change" dialogue
- Has he come to know about saraswatichandra...the way he was pushing saras to go to RN?

2) I  remember saras folding the paper kumud wrote the poetry on in his pocket the night of the convo...I remember because my thought at that time was "thank god...now kalika can't find that out"
- Is this some sort of creative license to build the case for Alak's sudden 'concern' on kumud's plight? And evenutally support BD?

3) Old characters written off making a convenient comeback (Umesh)...pramad coming to knw about saraswatichandra...wouldn't it be obvious now?...the way this character was found...the same type of names...the meaning of naveen...

4) Unrelenting DB...who still doesn't believe kumud...and will try to force a candid discussion out of her...and her earlier sudden awakening that if kumud is not happy she will not be sent back

5) Leading to...a potential explosion at Desai's courtesy 

6) Leading to the saras saving...and all is well...

I feel we are still moving towards a closure in Sep as has been reported..

...either the new PH will end it with same story with a happy twist...or it will close out all the novel shovel alignment ...and take it towards a saas-bahu travails...with a saras-kumud married off and facing earth shaking problems of 'what garba puja dress I will wear...and danny's wife who is a westernised b@*^h wants to wear the same dress' types'...😵

hgg bhai...great minds think alike!! Read my post and topic on the matter of the track going way too fast!! its just way too fishy isnt it! Daal mein kuch kaala hai! Potential hai but must be a lot of pressure too in order to ensure that the show is sustained! OR its just about how to give the audience an ending they want in 2 months!

"...either the new PH will end it with same story with a happy twist...or it will close out all the novel shovel alignment ...and take it towards a saas-bahu travails...with a saras-kumud married off and facing earth shaking problems of 'what garba puja dress I will wear...and danny's wife who is a westernised b@*^h wants to wear the same dress' types'...😵
If the saas bahu sagas happen...then I really feel for SLB and the author of the novel..to give it a happy ending is one thing but to completely kill the essence of the novel is another! Sheer insult to the author...Hope CVs have some sense!

Kat
Arshics thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: KK84

Before giving my penny thoughts on ydays epi I have just copy pasted a thread I opened about my concerns re the fate of the show.

What is the fate of the show?

I just want to say that so apparently SC has two months and if doesn't pick up then its shut shop? So is this the reason why they are rushing the story a bit? Some say SC is slow moving but all the suspense and thrills are revealed a lot more quicker than in any other shows.

First the confession, now Saras actually potentially coming face to face with Desai's and Pramaad finding out about Saras and Kumud..isnt this all happening way too fast? Is this because they want a wrap? I am worried.

So many loopholes too'They haven't even once shown LN,Gumaan and Danny. I mean is this cos there is no point of them coming back in the show since its ending? Where is Sunny now? He was madly looking for Saras and wanting to go see Kumud but he wasn't there when she came? OR is that because he doesn't live with the Desai's?

I am really worried. This is all going the wrong direction. The production changing'I hope the show picks up for the better and carries on. Usually all shows that have come under scanner'how long have they really lasted? Max 6 months?

Whatever the fate of the show, it will always have a very special place in my heart. This show gave me (us) Gautam Rode! I mean I briefly remember him in Baa bahu baby and then he was awesome in Nach but I feel he really has made his mark through SC! He has always been around but SC has in a way put him on the map and I am eternally grateful to SLB for this!!!

For me 3 characters stood out the most yday..they were the highlight:

1.       Pramaad: Aanshul is good! My fav scene were when he was stuck between Kusum and Kumari and all the thoughts going through his head! It was hilarious! And when Badi Maa pulls his ear'you could see his blood boiling at that point! Really good expressions by Aanshul! I dunno yesterday  somewhere I saw a gleam of potential for Pramaad to become a good person'Though at the Desai's he is being nice not out of choice'I could see that something there'I feel perhaps Mrs B was right that he has a good heart! He is a good actor! And in a way for his sake I hope the show doesn't end so soon because he really has potential to do a lot more! Feels like abhi toh he hasn't even shown properly what he is capable of!

2.       Mr B: Infact my utmost fave scene..just cos it was soo beautiful was the confrontation between Mr B and Saras. The actor who plays Mr B is truly phenomenal!! I just love the dude! The way he talks is so nice'and how he explained to Saras about the whole situation of why he got Pramaad married to Kumud'The man has a pure heart and good intentions and I think after Yatin sir (he was def the cutest most loveable father!!) its Mr.B who takes the award for best dad! Not in terms of the way he is but in terms of acting and his aura! I loved the lines and the way he seeks help from Saras'I have always loved LN-Saras as father son Jodi even though they had their differences, they looked good together but now I feel that Mr B may have left LN behind! Saras and Mr B rock together!! He is definitely the son he could never have and vice versa for Saras.

3.       Badi Maa ' Again another Jodi which is really special is that of Badi maa and Kumud! Their scene was really amazing because it reminded me of the pre wedding episodes! Its true that you can really relax when you go back to your parents house and that's exactly how Kumud was! When she was on the terrace with badi maa, she was her old self again! No worry, no tension about what will happen next, no uneasiness..she was Kumudsundari Desai!

I am happy that Badi maa has got an inkling that aal iz not well!!! Hopefully she will eventually find out the entire truth!

Lots of twists are about to come and I cant get my head around how Saras will come infront of the Desais and how on earth would they react?!!! That is def something I cant wait to see!! BUT I wont be able to bear the cold treatment they will all give him and Sunny'he will be so happy to see Saras (I hope the CVs don't sideline him and actually make sure that he does meet Saras!)

Conclusion ' this show has immense potential! It really can go on for countless episodes but the CVs really need to move the focus on other people as well'as much as I would love to see Gautam all the time'I feel if they don't develop other character's storylines, the show won't last!

Good to see Inspector solanki back!! Though his case is more like good riddance to you but then it does add spice to the show!

ATTN CVS ' Bring Danny back! Start his love story with Kumari! Bring Gumaan and LN back! Show something more of Kusum! A car cannot be driven on two wheels'You just cant expect Gautam and Jenny to carry the entire burden of this show! I really think for this show to last they will have to develop more stories.

Kat!

P.S. Gautam ' you will always be my star!! Yday too your scene with Mr B was incredible! Each expression so apt!! Jenny too is sooo good with expressions! She can switch just like that! I love it! From defending Pramaad to being scared of him! The switch in expressions is so natural and fast! She is def my most favourite actress!!

Agree with you on all the actors, Yatinji was my fav! I often cribbed about his OTT act, but the moment he was replaced I realized how great he was, and how much we identified with him as VC. 

And Aanshul - yes, he is really good as Pramaad, and he hasn't even been seen too much yet

BD - not my personal fav, but yes, he is impressive enough

LN - again really good, good looking and has done full justice to his role! 

And as for Gautam -

sar jhuka ke maante aapki yeh baat hum 

Jaante hain aapki iss baat main hai dum 

Jinke ishq main aap deewani hain Kat ji 

Unki adaaon ke Kayal hain yahan hum bhi! 

There's a lot of potential Kat, but a lot of confusing signs too. And agree with you on the sudden rush for disclosures. 

Lets see what route is SC going to take, I think this week and the next will sort things out.