Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Arshics thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Originally posted by: hotdogg

not to be too cynical...but it definitely looks like that arshi..

Also even now a sep-end scenario is still on the table...the new PH could also do this for free / reduced charges...the infrastructure / set is ready and paid up for by SLB / SP..and which is like an empty airline seat which is useless for the airline once the plane's taken off..so it / SP could simply pay a rental to SLB/ SP...and finish the story...

sort of a top-up..since it wants its show ...IPK2 ...with SP...remember our earlier discussions on TRPs...the PH has a product ready and wants a buyer...and SP is a big buyer with a legacy of IPK to boot!

...coz all said and done both SP &SLB had at one stage staked their prestige on this show...from a legacy point of view they would want it to at least end and not remain a noticeable failure which it would be if it ended abruptly...

on obligations...there is no business like show business!!!...if obligations made at the start mattered to all parties responsible for this debacle we would not be in this state today!

πŸ˜‰

Hogg, continuing with your prev post here.

Re: BDs change of mind, was it just to show him in a sympathetic light? 

or was it laying grounds for a quick end? in case pramaad does die, and the show has to be wrapped

up in a couple of months, a remorseful BD, who also suspects the truth about Navin, will then

personally push for Saras Kumud marriage, making all the TRP aunties very happy, and making

everything neat and tidy. 

Bringing Umess back yesterday - is this also a part of above? To completely reinstate Saras in the

eyes of the Desais, by exposing that he did reach the Mandap in time, so that they too can bless this

union? 

Dukhbas sudden halla Bol could also be the way to answer the samaj who will raise fingers against 

widhwa vivah. Again getting popular votes for SP, yet keep Kumud out of the equation, who can then

be shown to marry Saras by full blessings and support of family. 

SP can then happily boast of nai soch, yet keep all the mummies and aunties happy, because Kumud 

to the end remains a bechari dutiful beti/ bahu, towing the Sanskar line!

And we? We deal with it and move on! 
Arshics thumbnail
Originally posted by: smrth

Dugba'!πŸ˜• Her re 'awakening', is an eyesore disfigurement of source nuances, that even a casual reader would have noticed. Lousy. It unnecessarily fogs one of the strongest aspect of the original- Guniyal. But how bogus? For all din DB elicits, she is only messing up. A noisome adaption, much better if we would have been spared. But more humbug, real mother is noticeably kept aside. Why? Here she is, broadly mentioned as real life line of the clan; discreet, prudent and sharp. Why do they write her suddenly so off in case of her own daughter?? Did they forget, how natural Real Mothr-Daughter always come through?... But no. They gotta have Kumud's 'baby' rush to pseudo mother! As real parents were watching a 'drama'.And a spurious melodrama, at that.🀒 But unwittingly it reflects bent of the things that appears on card. Changes and shifts everywhere. Less sensible and more 'claps'. While real Potential and good sensibilities, 'go take a back seat.' Here are formulae, presumablyπŸ₯± fitter for instant TRPs and channels's GEC ratings. Welcome cacophony- as she makes good rattling sounds,'dug dug' ba.
And NavinSaras. He is fitting the bill. Trouble inventor. Until he effects a 'rescue'.

So agree with you smrth, dug dug ba, priceless

I remember you being bothered her being referred to as Dugba, instead of dukhba! Now we can treat that as a flash of brilliance and not an error! 

It had TRP pleasing written all over it! And such a contrast to PMS night, it was Guniyal's unquestioning faith that Kumud couldn't face, not dukhbas loud proclamations of Meri Kumud. 

And it was Gun's pragmatic handling of the issue that gave Kumud the desired peace, dukhba was kept out of that scene completely, and how powerful that was! 

All this dhol bajana, very TRP! 
Arshics thumbnail
Originally posted by: shana0127

2 month extension means november end coz...till september end they already had contract so plus two month means November end

still i am not happy we need at least a year to actually have a valid end

i too dont want it to be dragged now as its going really well and if it ends by february then we have a whole story  coming to a logical happy ending

I am glad you put both logical and happy together Shana! Logical is a critical keyword here Shana 
Edited by arshicritic - 10 years ago
hotdogg thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Reemz..

your posts though less in number are insighful...

love the effort you made to reach out to jennifer and help sort out all the bad press some time back..

some of us here often discuss and go many layers deeper than what is portrayed, try frameworks to explain character behaviours, take off-beaten tracks  - both on the characters and the story / track etc...

If you have followed these threads - I trust you will agree that most of us devote so much time and bandwidth (both intellectual, from personal & professional time) simply because we are passionately and emotionally involved in this show - and as per our families & friends,  sometime excessively so πŸ˜‰.

We have always been an outspoken group - both on the positive and negative aspects of the group.

So here I trust you are mistaken - its not that knowing about off-screen world is impacting our understanding of a first-rate epi.

Its the other way around. The epis are starting to fray on
- the overall track logic
- speed of the track (introduction of key elements of Act 3 right now)
- missing of critical tracks in Act 2
- track deviations / additions  

This is leading to major deviations from the original work, unfortunately very noticably to some of us who have internalized the show so much (Iwould be part of this category) & know so much about the original work (smrth)

The only reason this can be explained is unfortunately by the off screen reality.

While your point is duly noted - "Lets give this show & new PH sometime".
and we are not bashing...this is simply free-wheeling discussion among us ...

We have experienced off-screen reality impacting the show earlier when SLB was trying to garner to TRPs. We were very vocal at that time too. Then he veered back to the story which is when we got the best set of epis - and now we are experiencing a sense of deja-vu.

While a democratic right to freely express, supported by the simultaneous right to agree / disagree embodied in Arshi has been our guiding principle - we sometimes agree to disagree and park our strong POVs for the future to prove / disprove. We also stand up later and admit we were wrong too.

The moot point being we all continue to contribute, discuss and learn from each other.

So do continue to post...

And lets regroup in the near future to see which of us was correct...
πŸ‘πŸΌ

Edited by hotdogg - 10 years ago
Arshics thumbnail
Originally posted by: Adiani

Arshi, Superb lines again. I would be missing CB more than SC.

I would rather treasure few meaningful episodes than dragged extension.

I've a Plan B In place, I'll start watching IPK1 with strong recommendation of yours truly. Noticed it has 300+ episodes, will last an year. 

Episode:
 Kumud averting the grill from her family and Saras getting deceitful in front of BD family. Both are getting immersed  deeper into their own lies, no defence will be sustinable when truth will be out. 

Kavita written by Kumud,with words of pyaar at naveen's hands. More humiliating than his so called earlier 'galti', when caught. How bad on Kumud! 
Isn't Saras being depicted more and more like repeat offender?
 A culprit who has not learnt his lessons? I wonder where they are taking this to?

To me, VC family is excusable for overlooking this time, Kumud looks far better than what she was at the time of actual marriage. It would be unreasonable to be truly happy after the disaster Kumud had. They would be happy just to see signs of recovery. Pramaad left home, saved himself from getting caught.

I cannot tolerate  this way of story telling, red herrings and nothing coming out of it. Feels like someone out there making fun of sincere viewers. 

@bold
Sincere viewers - is that ever a consideration? Only loyal or should I say habituated viewers, who will tune in and get quick gratification, another precap thrown as bait for tomorrow's viewership ... 

Maybe everyone can be, but not Guniyal, she would be the most anxious and the most probing, and would not take anything at face value! 

She knew the full extent of Saras Kumud relationship, has been her partner in crime so to say, even during the first rejection, during PMS 

But Dukhba is more dramatic, so...

The letter also - to show Saras as the hero, not Saras as the careless fool! So good recovery from him 

and good use of the opportunity to highlight Kumud's plight, but exceedingly careless of him, again 

putting Kumud at risk! You do not,  DO NOT, leave your ex gf's letter lying around in her sasural, you 

are supposed to have a separate secret place for this sort of stuff! 

What you are calling as his galti, will be seen as herogiri espousing the cause of bechari Kumud, I just call it a smart comeback! 

So Kumud will have all these champions who will root for Saras Kumud reunion, all because of Saras the knight in shining armor, her savior! πŸ˜‘
Arshics thumbnail
Originally posted by: P020167

Haven't seen the episode yet...looks like nothing happened and it is better to skip.

Now since SC got two months extension and that too with KJs production, will we be able to see some pace, let us wiat and watch?

So this Umesh guy is here again and will poison Pramad more. Didn't Pramad knew about Saras?

Nah, see it! It will be nice to get your perspective also P02

It's not KJs production it is Balika Badhu's production house

Maybe pramaad did not know about Saras, infact makes more sense for him to have not known 

Bd wouldn't tell him that, must have just twisted his arm to get married 

He is baap ke paise pe dum wala character, 

The way he bullsh***ed umess yesterday, so he must have assumed she has married him for all the 

Paisa and power, judging her by his motives so as to say! 

And another contrast between Saras and pramaad there

Saras left his inheritance and business because he couldn't take the insult, even though he had made several of those millions himself 

And pramaad is ok with being called a dog and worse just to keep his hold on the millions, which he has contributed nothing to! 
hotdogg thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: arshicritic

Hogg, continuing with your prev post here.

Re: BDs change of mind, was it just to show him in a sympathetic light? 

or was it laying grounds for a quick end? in case pramaad does die, and the show has to be wrapped

up in a couple of months, a remorseful BD, who also suspects the truth about Navin, will then

personally push for Saras Kumud marriage, making all the TRP aunties very happy, and making

everything neat and tidy. 

Agree arshi--

And there has been so much emphasis on the 'saras as BD's beta' part in recent times...explicitly mentioned by BD and now by Pramad... in the previous epi before the departure ..we had pramad holding back saras and stating you are his beta I could not be ,,,,

In the novel naveen was a valued employee / advisor  - never a beta category...

But then the reunion becomes easy to explain na?...giving away kumud to my own beta ...

Arshics thumbnail
Originally posted by: hotdogg

Reemz..

your posts though less in number are insighful...

love the effort you made to reach out to jennifer and help sort out all the bad press some time back..

some of us here often discuss and go many layers deeper than what is portrayed, try frameworks to explain character behaviours, take off-beaten tracks  - both on the characters and the story / track etc...

If you have followed these threads - I trust you will agree that most of us devote so much time and bandwidth (both intellectual, from personal & professional time) simply because we are passionately and emotionally involved in this show - and as per our families & friends,  sometime excessively so πŸ˜‰.

We have always been an outspoken group - both on the positive and negative aspects of the group.

So here I trust you are mistaken - its not that knowing about off-screen world is impacting our understanding of a first-rate epi.

Its the other way around. The epis are starting to fray on
- the overall track logic
- speed of the track (introduction of key elements of Act 3 right now)
- missing of critical tracks in Act 2
- track deviations / additions  

This is leading to major deviations from the original work, unfortunately very noticably to some of us who have internalized the show so much (Iwould be part of this category) & know so much about the original work (smrth)

The only reason this can be explained is unfortunately by the off screen reality.

While your point is duly noted - "Lets give this show & new PH sometime".
and we are not bashing...this is simply free-wheeling discussion among us ...

We have experienced off-screen reality impacting the show earlier when SLB was trying to garner to TRPs. We were very vocal at that time too. Then he veered back to the story which is when we got the best set of epis - and now we are experiencing a sense of deja-vu.

While a democratic right to freely express, supported by the simultaneous right to agree / disagree embodied in Arshi has been our guiding principle - we sometimes agree to disagree and park our strong POVs for the future to prove / disprove. We also stand up later and admit we were wrong too.

The moot point being we all continue to contribute, discuss and learn from each other.

So do continue to post...

And lets regroup in the near future to see which of us was correct...
πŸ‘πŸΌ

@Reemz,

Hgg has perfectly put words to my feelings, once again( πŸ€—)

But still I shall adao my leg ! 

Here we meet to discuss our feelings about the show, also do a lot of analysis, reading of tracks, 

Somedays critically, some days lovingly, each according to their interpretation, somedays it becomes a collective thought, and some days we get divided into teams and debate 

Some days we even have all against one, but all with acknowledgement of the fact that we are entitled to independent views and thoughts, and with respect for the right to what each think

So while we often question each others opinions, we never question the right to that opinion

Maybe that's why smrth's strong reaction to the word 'shame' . 

Also we do try to go behind the scenes, into the mind of the makers, and make future predictions, and then feel a childlike pride when they come true, or just disown them when they don't. 

Today, you are right , the offscreen is interfering with onscreen, maybe we are reading too much into the tracks and will have to swallow our words, but Reemz, we will all be more than happy to do so

In fact at this time all of us are begging to be proved wrong! The general mood is of pessimism, you are one of the sole few who still have the optimism, and we always look to you for that! 

I have been your fan from the start and would want you to keep giving us the dose of positivity, it helps, even if we don't seem to be paying heed to it. 
-Ivy- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Hey Arshi, 

Not venturing an analysis, per se. Highly let down by today's offering. Your CB was the only saving grace of my "holistic SC experience" today.

Instead, breaking tradition, have gone thru CB first before posting. Hgg bhai, a delight to see you still actively engaged, imparting logic and consistency at a time it is severely wanting πŸ‘πŸΌ

Happy, that was a brilliant VM, a very unusual and charming concept. Very classily done. Huge props to the maker, and thank you, my friend for sharing such a marvellous fusion with us πŸ˜³

smrth Bhai, I did not like the relegating of Guniyal to be honest, but consoled myself that maybe Dukhbaa might take the bull by its horns, to speak... Watching that "game" today, was a low blow. It seemed to be making a mockery of when that "game" was first played. So charming and innocent then. Full of deceit and blind eyes today. Vaudeville at its worst, unintentionally funny. What of Dukhbaa's proclamations now, more WHY Dukhbaa's proclamations NOW? πŸ€’

Arshi, a point... I won't be too surprised if SC remains "Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Saraswatichandra" till its very end. There is a charge to the above that takes expectations and prestige associated with work to another level altogether. Also, SLB is most assuredly not signing off on what we're currently seeing anymore. Last Wed's epi was the last of SLB supervised, and for me it represented the pinnacle of what SC was all about. The prevailing grammar has shifted now. But I take huge solace in the fact that SLB did not walk out and abandon his small-screen dream in the most callous of ways. He did not opt out. He in fact offered to take SC to a beautiful end but his vision was negated in favor of a strict commercial mandate. If anything, I salute the man for not doing gaddari with his kalaa. Not for television rating points. Sphere Origins are merely caretakers... Think of SC as having gone into "recievership" now... Both SP and Sphere will mutually benefit from this agreement. Sphere gets further goodwill from SP for IPKKND2 and SP, in turn, gets a PH who will strictly adhere to their "vision" for SC. A vision spelt in green and in three - TRP/TVT. They will cater to SP's demands and sugestions for show and script and push SC to a 'conclusion' whereupon they can finally concentrate on their own. I say, SC deserved better. This is also indicative of the rut television lies in. A rut it has made its happy home. Highly resistant to any change. Television needs to be evicted from 'home'. Needs to be dragged kicking and screaming into the future, IMHO. 

Arshics thumbnail
Originally posted by: IdiotViewer

Hey Arshi, 

Not venturing an analysis, per se. Highly let down by today's offering. Your CB was the only saving grace of my "holistic SC experience" today.

Instead, breaking tradition, have gone thru CB first before posting. Hgg bhai, a delight to see you still actively engaged, imparting logic and consistency at a time it is severely wanting πŸ‘πŸΌ

Happy, that was a brilliant VM, a very unusual and charming concept. Very classily done. Huge props to the maker, and thank you, my friend for sharing such a marvellous fusion with us πŸ˜³

smrth Bhai, I did not like the relegating of Guniyal to be honest, but consoled myself that maybe Dukhbaa might take the bull by its horns, to speak... Watching that "game" today, was a low blow. It seemed to be making a mockery of when that "game" was first played. So charming and innocent then. Full of deceit and blind eyes today. Vaudeville at its worst, unintentionally funny. What of Dukhbaa's proclamations now, more WHY Dukhbaa's proclamations NOW? πŸ€’

Arshi, a point... I won't be too surprised if SC remains "Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Saraswatichandra" till its very end. There is a charge to the above that takes expectations and prestige associated with work to another level altogether. Also, SLB is most assuredly not signing off on what we're currently seeing anymore. Last Wed's epi was the last of SLB supervised, and for me it represented the pinnacle of what SC was all about. The prevailing grammar has shifted now. But I take huge solace in the fact that SLB did not walk out and abandon his small-screen dream in the most callous of ways. He did not opt out. He in fact offered to take SC to a beautiful end but his vision was negated in favor of a strict commercial mandate. If anything, I salute the man for not doing gaddari with his kalaa. Not for television rating points. Sphere Origins are merely caretakers... Think of SC as having gone into "recievership" now... Both SP and Sphere will mutually benefit from this agreement. Sphere gets further goodwill from SP for IPKKND2 and SP, in turn, gets a PH who will strictly adhere to their "vision" for SC. A vision spelt in green and in three - TRP/TVT. They will cater to SP's demands and sugestions for show and script and push SC to a 'conclusion' whereupon they can finally concentrate on their own. I say, SC deserved better. This is also indicative of the rut television lies in. A rut it has made its happy home. Highly resistant to any change. Television needs to be evicted from 'home'. Needs to be dragged kicking and screaming into the future, IMHO. 

Makes sense Ivy, SLB keeps his stamp on the serial, but washes his hands off all creative thought. 

And sphere options - maybe it was a package deal. 

But why is any attempt to push the envelop blocked? SP, with its huge viewership base is in the best position to have at least one niche show, with steady TRP, free to experiment. 

Must every show fit into the formula and be money and number making?