Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

NiharikaMishra thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 10 years ago
This completely looks like some kind of biased essay written without specific proofs given

I do not deny that I am one of the viewers of this show who has always criticized it for not being close to facts but this post is nowhere close to the same as well.

Almost every king and emperor has risen to height after stepping up on corpses and Akbar is no exception and still is called The Great inspite of all the wars he fought and murders he committed in them.
We call Ashoka -The Great as well even though its a known fact that he had massacred quite a lot of people including the Kalinga massacre before turning a Buddhist.

Talking about Akbar and the treatment meted out to Mariam uz-Zamani aka Jodha Bai, she was married to Akbar and not abducted, allowed to practice her religion in an Islamic harem (yes she had to accept Islam as you cannot have a "Nikaah" or Muslim marriage as per their rituals of you do not accept Islam and an Islamic name)

She was also having the privilege of issuing Farmans which apart from her only Ruqaiya Sultan and Akbar himself had and also supervised safety of both Hindu and Muslim pilgrims when they visited holy places like Chaar Dhaam, Ajmer, Haj etc.

This type of political intervention was granted on to Nurjahan after her if Mughal empresses are concerned.

If it did not have a love story, we cannot even ignore her importance in Akbar's reign which its not supposed to be granted to a woman won or been gifted in a treaty post war.

If we are considering about objectification of women in those times that is a different case altogether and cannot be compared to how Jodha was treated at the place.
We can definitely consider this as a favour on Akbar's behalf that he married the women he was "offered" (yes, that's the term) instead of using and dumping them in his harem like objects.

Fatehpur Sikri and rest of Agra does have decent tombs and graves built for all of them

We have seen ample larger than life portrayals of stories of Jahangir-Nurjahan (he murdered her husband to marry her) and Shahjahan-Mumtaz (he did marry thrice after her including her sister after she died) depicted in movies because we love to enjoy and idolize things to set bench marks.

Jodhaa-Akbar (both the film and the teleseries) is no exception here.
All we can do here is enjoy this gratified story here...
Edited by nikkie - 10 years ago
Barbiedoll_sona thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
please no one talks from grave..is this joke
luna24 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
i guess i wudnt be surprised if the authors claims about the condition of slaves in harem were to be true...but as far as jodha is concerned, she definitely wasnt treated like an object/ransom/part of a deal all her life because she had a lot of powers as compared to even other muslim queens..let alone like a slave...she was directly involved in the court, issued farmans and had a lot of role in waterway trade and communication...the historians of that time have recorded the upheaval in mughal court when one of her ships were captured by portugese pirates ( for some reason im getting this really ridikulus pic of jodha in all her regalia facing captain jack sparrows.. :P anyway) ..also mariam zamani (meaning mary or mother of the universe) was a title (just like rukaiya was called noor e harem in one of the episodes) , not a name, given to her after the birth of much awaited child of akbar. she might have been made a muslim for the nikah but i dont think she practiced islam...she did have a temple and a kitchen and a 4 palaces ..one for each season. so doesnt seem like it was that sad a tale...only weird thing is why she wasnt cremated...
Hawa-Hawaii thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
LOLL...this is definitely written by sumone who dint like Gowarikars - Jodha Akbar...!

Autumn_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I read this nonsense ages ago.
Autumn_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
This is the power of Internet. I can cook up a story how Sonia Gandhi is a Saudi princess, people will start sharing and most of them will even start believing it lol. Edited by Autumn_Rose - 10 years ago