Interview of Producer Shrishti Arya.

Proud-India thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 years ago

The moment Sangeeta Ghosh walked into our office, I knew she was our Saanchi - Producer Shrishti Arya

The very sweet and vivacious Producer Shrishti Arya (Rose Audio Visuals) is all set to launch her next big show on television with Sony Entertainment Television's Kehta Hai Dil…Jee Le Zara. The lady sounded all excited about the show when we recently caught up with her. She says she is here to tell a beautiful story and that Sangeeta Ghosh, who is making comeback with the show, is the best choice as the lead of the show.

Here are some excerpts from the interview...

Tell us something about your show Kehta Hai Dil…Jee Le Zara…

The show is very close to my heart as it portrays the story of today's woman who wants to step ahead in her career and also take care of her family. Marriage takes a backseat in her life. And we do come across such women around us, and it is heartwarming to see how well they handle their professional life, are happy taking care of their family rather than settling down.

How did you come about with this concept?

Well, the channel came forward with this concept and it was a beautiful one. There was no second thought that we wouldn't want to narrate this story.

Tell us about the leads of the show?

Saanchi is a 34 year old girl who has lost her parents long back and is single-handedly taking care of her family and her dad's farm with a broad smile on her face. She has her nani and dadi showering their love upon her, and a brother and sister who adore her. Dhruv on the other hand is a cool lawyer who shifts in her neighbourhood and the beautiful relationship that they build will be for the audience to cherish.

Sangeeta Ghosh is making a comeback with the show, what made you zero in on her?

Sangeeta is a beautiful and adorable woman who doesn't have a hang up about her age. She comes in the same age graph as the character she plays, and is not of the type who will shy on her age. We needed this kind of a confident girl, who can carry the show on her shoulder, and the moment she walked into our office, I knew she was my Saanchi.

There had been lots of shows that have an elder sister taking care of her siblings- anything new the audience can expect from the sibling relationship in this show?

Thankfully Saanchi's family is not the evil types (chuckles). The siblings love their sister and will not go overboard in troubling her. She also has her grandmothers as an emotional support to her. Just because she had to grow up early in life, doesn't make her old. She knows how to balance love and act strictly when needed.

Delnaaz's character looks a bit similar to the one she played in Kal Ho Na Ho, any inspiration from that end?

Really? Well I do not know about that, but yes Delnaaz's character is very close to me. There are not many people around who have the strength to laugh at one's own self. And her character is like that, completely transparent like water.

What kind of an audience are you targeting for the show?

Well, to be really honest I have been lucky that the show is coming on Sony Entertainment Television. They have the right audience that will enjoy it and understand the story we are trying to share.

How different will this show be from your previous ones?

In this show we have put across all the experiences I have gained over the years. Rose Audio Visuals has always been making shows that are very different from regular projects, so you can expect a good story without overly done dramatic sequences. It will be very close to reality.

Does this mean that you are moving away from saas-bahu sagas?

We are here to say a beautiful story and not to make any point.

Any plans to delve into Bollywood again?

Of course, I love my job and we are geared up for more interesting things soon. Just wait and watch.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

...Jes... thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 years ago
tfs :Dall the best to the whole team!