Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

vssaras thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: A.Hajnal

You are right...It has been 4 years...and now I am suffering from Shamnesia... LOL But still, Kaminey released 14 August 2009 and RG awards were held in August 19, and was aired at 6 setmber...so at least not anyone had a doubt that he deserves best actor category of Rajiv Gandhi Award...😊

Actually he deserves much much more than what he has got till now..hope this changes & Lady Luck shines on him...😳
xoxsusanxox thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
ahh i love him so muchhh
love u  Shahid :))
marytisdale thumbnail
love you shahid kapoor 
jesskapoor thumbnail
Interesting.!!!!!!!!!                                        
vssaras thumbnail
😃

1. MY SHAHID KAPOOR @ShahidzDeewani

@ShraddhaKapoor shradhaaa howww are u???? How is it working with Shahid for Haider??:))

1. Shraddha Kapoor @ShraddhaKapoor

@ShahidzDeewani really nice :)

Edited by vssaras - 10 years ago
vssaras thumbnail

Embedded image permalink
Johnny.Balraj thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
vssaras thumbnail

Vishal Bhardwaj has given me the best character of my life: Shahid

Mumbai: Actor Shahid Kapoor, who is teaming up with 'Kaminey' director Vishal Bhardwaj yet again, says the new movie, 'Haider', has given him a chance to explore a new space.

Talking about 'Haider', Shahid said: "It's awesome. I love working with Vishal sir as he has given me the best character of my life."

'Haider' is the director's adaptation of William Shakespeare's tragic play "Hamlet".

Shahid Kapoor is teaming up with Vishal Bhardwaj yet again for his film 'Haider'.

"Vishal sir is doing the third adaptation of 'Hamlet'. Earlier he has done 'Omkara' and 'Maqbool', so it's ('Haider') is very different from 'R... Rajkumar', and it has taken me to a different space. I am enjoying that," he added.

Shahid refrained from revealing much about his role in 'Haider'. But said: "All I can say is that I am having great time working in this film. We started shooting some time back and we have shot for around 10 days."

The film also stars Shraddha Kapoor and Tabu.

vssaras thumbnail

Haider' crew in trouble, shoot cut short after Kashmir varsity students protest

hairder crew in trouble in srinagar kashmir 24-11-2013 face protestSrinagar, Nov 24: Bollywood director, Vishal Bhardwaj, had pack up after University of Kashmir students objected to a scene depicting the hoisting of Indian flag for his upcoming film Haider' which was being shot in the campus on Sunday.

Students of the varsity objected to the shooting of Haider' in the campus and held anti-India protests during which police briefly detained four protesters'.

The shooting for Shahid Kapoor starrer Haider'"began early morning, a student, who pleaded anonymity, told journalists.

"At around 5: 00 am, the film crew, nearly two hundred forces personal appeared in the Naseem Bagh side near hostel," he said. The protests started as soon as the crew arrived and the protests escalated around noon.

"They set the stage and they had to shoot a shot in which they were to raise the Indian flag," the student claimed, adding: "How could we allow them to raise India flag."Forces deployed at KU during the shoot. (Pic credit: KUSU)

The varsity, these days, is conducting internal exams of various departments and students accused authorities of disturbing academic environment'.

"We don't understand what they want. They know we can't tolerate the hoisting of Indian flag in the university campus," said another student.

The students held strong protest in the campus and opposed the shooting of the film, witnesses said. However, government forces deployed in the campus, resorted to cane charging and chased the agitating students, they alleged.

"Policemen thrashed us ruthlessly and chased us. They even entered our hostel and detained four boys," a student, while speaking to media over phone, said.

Despite several attempts Public Relation Officer of the varsity couldn't be contacted.

However, a police officer of Nigeen Police Station admitted that trouble erupted during the shooting of the film in the campus. "Some miscreants disrupted the shooting of the film. They resorted to sloganeering and tried to disrupt." He, however, denied the cane charging, but said police detained two students. "We released them immediately," he said.

The students accused varsity authorities of collaborating with the filmmakers and fomenting trouble'. The situation in the campus was tense till last reports came in.

Actor Shahid Kapoor began shooting for Bhardwaj's Haider' in the scenic Dal Lake here about two weeks ago. The 32-year-old actor, who is teaming up with Bhardwaj again after Kaminey', is starring opposite newbie actress Shraddha Kapoor in the film adaption of Shakespearean tragedy Hamlet.

Over the past few years, Bollywood has returned to Kashmir. Late filmmaker Yash Chopra shot large parts of his last movie Jab Tak Hai Jaan', starring Shah Rukh Khan and Katrina Kaif, here.

However, the portrayal of Kashmir and its people in some of the movies has left the locals including chief minister Omar Abdullah angry.

But Bhardwaj has assured Omar that Haider' is about the people of Kashmir. The director, referring to meeting with Omar, said he told the chief minister that "every character is Kashmiri in my film. It is the story of the people of Kashmir-both in period and present".

Midnightsorrow thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
This should be a interesting role for Shahid.