~** HAIDER [U/A] - Updates Thread - D-DAY!!! YAY!! **~ - Page 23

Posted: 10 years ago
Originally posted by Deathstroke

also her father will have an important role unless vishal changes the story

Yes..also Shahid's friend..who will be sort of narrator of the story..
Also I am curious to see how Vishal is going to portray the king-prince background...

In Shakespeare's play...Hamlet is worried about the turmoil in his kingdom..but does not actively do anything to resolve it..

The turmoil I guess will be shown by the Kashmir's volatile situation..wondering if Shahid will play as part of a politician's family...equivalent to King-prince in today's world..
Originally posted by vssaras

Also I am curious to see how Vishal is going to portray the king-prince background...

In Shakespeare's play...Hamlet is worried about the turmoil in his kingdom..but does not actively do anything to resolve it..

The turmoil I guess will be shown by the Kashmir's volatile situation..wondering if Shahid will play as part of a politician's family...equivalent to King-prince in today's world..

i think it would revolve around politics

Hair-raising change

By Vickey Lalwani

Hair-raising change
Shahid Kapoor is sacrificing his hair at the altar of acting and hopes for boxoffice glory with a mix of genres.

The last time Shahid Kapoor had a hair moment was with Vishal Bharadwaj's Kaminey when his character Charlie's messy long hair becoming a much demanded salon staple across the country. 

Ironically, his next collaboration with the same director will see him without hair. It's official, Shahid Kapoor is going bald. 

According to recent reports, Shahid and Vishal have been debating the drastic transformation for Haider, the director's adaptation of Hamlet. Now, Shahid has confirmed to Mirror that the duo have decided to go ahead with the bald look. 

The 32-year-old's last film Phata Poster Nikla Hero, met with a tepid response, but when we met him on Tuesday evening, the actor seemed unperturbed, even as he ran his hand through his mane on every cue. 

It is surprising that Shahid is not worried about losing his thick crop in the coming months. "I knew it five months ago when Vishal started discussing Haider with me. All my hair is going. But it's fine. The role is so good that I don't mind shaving off my head completely." 

Ask him if it is necessary to go bald for the film and Shahid, replies: "I cannot tell you the exact reason because that would give away the story. The protagonist in Hamlet may not have been bald. But Haider is an adaptation." 

Come December 6, he will have another test at the box office, Eros International's R... Rajkumar directed by Prabhu Dheva whose films have not failed at the turnstile. 

Interestingly, Shahid had only seven days to make the switch from R... Rajkumar, where he plays a singing-dancing goon, to Haider, a dark revenge drama set in Kashmir. "Yes, I was nervous. But I am an actor. And fortunately, I had worked with Vishal Sir in Kaminey and I have read Hamlet. If I had to switch from Haider to R...Rajkumar, it might have been more difficult because I didn't know Prabhu Dheva's world," he says. 

He adds, "Prabhu Dheva's style is very different. He doesn't want you to come prepared to the set, whereas Vishal Sir wants it otherwise. The two filmmakers are like North and South. It is important to understand the vision of a filmmaker, surround yourself with knowledge and then decide how to go about it." 

Though Shahid is one of the finest dancers in Bollywood, Prabhu Dheva's intricate choreography forced him to rehearse for a couple of days. 

"And I have also done so many stunts for the first time. I did not use body doubles but it wasn't easy. I must give full marks to the film's action director Ravi Verma. My body hurt a lot and a physiotherapist was constantly with me to take care of niggling injuries and sprains." 

While Prabhu Dheva is all about spontaneity, Vishal made sure that his lead actor came well prepared for the Shakespearan flick which will release next year, Shakespeare's 450th birth anniversary. "A local actor from Kashmir stands by to correct my dialect. For example, Kashmiris don't say 'ghar', they say 'gar'. We are taking every minute detail into consideration," says Shahid. 

Till he shaves off his head, he is of course going to remain as possessive about his hair as always. A leading actress (on request of anonymity) had once told this journalist that Shahid runs his hand through his thick crop every five minutes. 

"I love my hair, but no problem. I'll get them back again," smiles Shahid. 

Going back to his bald look, he says, "The shaving will be done in Kashmir. I have threefour looks in Haider. We shall complete the ones which require me with my hair first and then move on to the look which does not. It is going to be fun," he says with an impish smile. 
OMG!!..Shahid is going bald.. ðŸ˜² ..Poor Shahid..
A leading actress (on request of anonymity) had once told this journalist that Shahid runs his hand through his thick crop every five minutes. 

Too true..he was continuously doing that during the Hangout too..😛😆

I have three four looks in Haider.

Can't wait..3-4 looks..

loool when i readed it Tumblr ðŸ¤£

OKAY SO SHRADDHA HAS FOLLOWED SHAHID BUT SHAHID HASNT FOLLOWED HER

ITS OKAY

ONE OF THEM ARE TRYING TO MAKE THIS RELATIONSHIP START OKAY

Hamlet never went bald so dunno what is this ðŸ˜•ðŸ˜†
Originally posted by Deathstroke

Hamlet never went bald so dunno what is this ðŸ˜•ðŸ˜†

Bollywood twist i think 

dont want shahid Bald ðŸ˜­
Originally posted by .Siham.

Bollywood twist i think 

dont want shahid Bald ðŸ˜­

Yes..this is the twist provided by Vishal..to do away with Shahid's zulfien..he has been after it since Kaminey...😆