Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TheJake thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 10 years ago
Vishal-Shahid combo worked the first time, so why not now? Even before Kaminey, Shahid wasn't doing too great in his career. Kaminey surprised everyone. Yes, he came back to square one 'cause of Mausam but ... you always learn from your mistakes, don't ya?

Shahid should do more such roles. Such roles really suit him. I hope the news is true. 
springkissed thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Since shahid has not tried something like this before, I'm a little skeptical, but he is a hard worker. And I think he sort of fits the bill of hamlet in a weird, sort of twisted way. I'm saying that after seeing his performances in his previous movies like Jab me wet, and kaminey. He has the potential and if the script is good, this can actually work out. Of course, the movie will bollywoodfied (totally a made up word), but it will be a pleasure to see shahid doing something like this nonetheless. If he does try it, I hope he works very hard to bring out the various layers of hamlet's personality, he is a good actor, but he needs a push to do even better. Maybe this project will be his push..?
vssaras thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: coolpixie

Since shahid has not tried something like this before, I'm a little skeptical, but he is a hard worker. And I think he sort of fits the bill of hamlet in a weird, sort of twisted way. I'm saying that after seeing his performances in his previous movies like Jab me wet, and kaminey. He has the potential and if the script is good, this can actually work out. Of course, the movie will bollywoodfied (totally a made up word), but it will be a pleasure to see shahid doing something like this nonetheless. If he does try it, I hope he works very hard to bring out the various layers of hamlet's personality, he is a good actor, but he needs a push to do even better. Maybe this project will be his push..?

There were so many layers in the Guddu & Charlie's characters in Kaminey...what seemed apparent at first sight was actually misleading in case of both of them..

The stuttering seemingly afraid guy was actually the steely one of the two...ready to face off with Bhope..trying to outsmart the goons by joining hands with the police...having a 10-20 year plan..

While the muscular hard-hitting guy was a softy..crying and shedding tears unashamedly for his best friend...trashing the drug in an emotional way, as it had led to his friends death..not a practical guy at all...

Shahid, as he showed us in Kaminey, is an extremely sensitive actor...able to bring out the various facets of his characters...to continuously oscillate between two such divergent characters, must have taken some doing...and it resulted in such a brilliant portrayal...👏 ..will be looking forward to a similar portrayal in this one too..😳

vssaras thumbnail
Shahid working with Vishal again is confirmed...🥳

Faridoon interviews Shahid -

Shahid said, "I'm doing a film with Vishal Bhardwaj." Is it Kaminey 2? "We will announce it soon." Or is it a take on Hamlet as is the speculation? "Ye sab Paper mein to aa hi raha hai. Just wait for a few days, I'll tell you officially very soon. Let Vishal sir make the announcement." Vishal Bhardwaj redefined you as an actor withKaminey and spelt out the possibilities in Shahid Kapoor the actor-with-a-difference. "I'll work with Vishal sir with my eyes shut any time. Unhone jo mujhe Kaminey mein role offer kiya I don't think any director would have had the guts to offer me a role like that when my appearance was so different since I had done films like Jab We Met and Kismat Konnection before Kaminey. For him to think that I could do it, I'll always be grateful to him.  He's someone whom I respect immensely. I always feel one has to support people and talent. Success and failure is not important," Shahid said. 
vssaras thumbnail

Vishal Bhardwaj to shoot Hamlet in Kashmir

By Bollywood Hungama News Network, September 04, 2013 - 11:30 hrs IST
#

Though the leading man in Vishal Bhardwaj's film adaptation of Hamlet still remains a mystery, the locations for the film has been finalized. Vishal recently revealed that the film will be shot in Kashmir. 

Apparently, the director wanted to weave the story of Hamlet with a violent, political backdrop and he believes that the story of Kashmir would perfectly suit the theme. With Maqbool (adaptation of Macbeth) which is based on Mumbai and Omkara (adaptation of Othello) based on a small town in the north, this location for yet another drama seems to be an apt choice. 

The film is said to release in 2014 and will coincide with the 450th birth anniversary celebrations of the most popular playwright William Shakespeare.

Caustic thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Shahid is a FLOP star. Nothing he does or can do will make the film a hit.
TheJake thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Yay! I'm so excited for Shahid!! I wonder who's the girl gonna be.
fire_gun thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
shahid ke sar mundaate hi "oole" padnge 😆😆
vssaras thumbnail

Watch: Vishal Bhardwaj turning back to Shakespeare for his next film

After 'Maqbool' and 'Omkara', filmmaker Vishal Bhardwaj is turning back to Shakespeare again. He is adapting 'Hamlet' on the big screen and this one is tentatively titled as 'Haidar'. Set in Kashmir, the film will star Shahid Kapoor in the lead and he is expected to don a new look in the film.

hiddenstar thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
ye bhi try karke dekna chahiye shayed kismet chamak jaaye!