Jodha Akbar

India-Forums

Jodha Akbar
Jodha Akbar

Jodha Akbar Episode Discussion & Live Updates Thread #2 (Page 18)

EXOL IF-Sizzlerz
EXOL
EXOL

Posted: 28 August 2013 at 7:30pm | IP Logged
am little confused by the title "mariam uz zamani"..

according to wikipedia...mariam uz zamani was the changed name of harkha bai r jodhabai.
As per the custom of renaming a Hindu wife, Hira Kunwari was given the title Mariam uz-Zamani ("Mary of the Age").

today ruqiaya was saying she will become mariam uz zamani Ermm

so am confused is it title or name ??? coz apart from jahangir's mother no one else is called mariam uz zamani..if this was some kind of title then there should be have been many mariam uz zamani..for e.g mother of shah jahan etc...Confused

Edited by nneeiill - 28 August 2013 at 7:31pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

SonaLuvZaSaf

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 28 August 2013 at 7:37pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by nneeiill

according to wikipedia...mariam uz zamani was the changed name of harkha bai r jodhabai.
As per the custom of renaming a Hindu wife, Hira Kunwari was given the title Mariam uz-Zamani ("Mary of the Age").

so am confused is it title or name ??? coz apart from jahangir's mother no one else is called mariam uz zamani..if this was some kind of title then there should be have been many mariam uz zamani..for e.g mother of shah jahan etc...Confused

I think it's the title reserved for the Queen Mother...the Mother of the Heir...since Jodha's going to be the one who ends up giving birth to the  heir, she'll get that title eventually but Ruq thinks that she's going to be the one to get it...and that's not going to happen.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-Khush-EXOLSonaLuvZaSaf....Poojie....

SpeakNow22 Newbie
SpeakNow22
SpeakNow22

Posted: 28 August 2013 at 11:20pm | IP Logged
I honestly think that Ruks is not actually pregnant. The lady probably had some error, and later she figures out that she isn't actually. I am guessing that she continues acting like she is and attempts to secretly adopt a child and make it hers. Or perhaps, she blames that Jodha caused her a miscarriage. Jalal gets angry and askes her to leave the castle. Later he figures out the truth and goes to get her back from her parent's house.
EXOL IF-Sizzlerz
EXOL
EXOL

Posted: 28 August 2013 at 11:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by AreYaar

I think it's the title reserved for the Queen Mother...the Mother of the Heir...since Jodha's going to be the one who ends up giving birth to the  heir, she'll get that title eventually but Ruq thinks that she's going to be the one to get it...and that's not going to happen.

ya but then i was wondering why no one else is called mariam uz zamani...if it was a title then hamida begum  was mairum uz zamani too..but no other queen in history is referred by that name..so got little curious...
....Poojie.... IF-Stunnerz
....Poojie....
....Poojie....

Posted: 28 August 2013 at 11:48pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by AreYaar

ya but then i was wondering why no one else is called mariam uz zamani...if it was a title then hamida begum  was mairum uz zamani too..but no other queen in history is referred by that name..so got little curious...

I think.. historically it was Jodha's muslim name.. but then we have shown that Akbar has allowed Jodha to keep her traditions etc intact.. so can't change Jodha's name like that.. So they must have thought to make it as a title.. which will eventually go to Jodha 

EXOL

EXOL IF-Sizzlerz
EXOL
EXOL

Posted: 28 August 2013 at 11:55pm | IP Logged
@poojie : ya it could be like that 

....Poojie....

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 29 August 2013 at 8:54am | IP Logged

Yeah you've got a point...Ruq mentioned the title like it's an understood thing...and Jalal instantly figured out her meaning when she said "Marium Zamani"...so I'm also wondering what twist Ekta is putting on this...lol...

Oh well, we know in the end there will be only one Marium Zamani.

EXOL

-Khush- IF-Dazzler
-Khush-
-Khush-

Posted: 29 August 2013 at 9:19am | IP Logged
Tujhe pyaar hua pyaar hua Jalal Mia Dancing Day Dreaming
She is already occupying his thoughts... she is now touching his heart... Heart It won't take long to discover that heart hidden in her devil... Embarrassed

Ruq jodha scene was Sleepy ... knew Ruq would blabber shiz and Jo would shut her up with her sweet melody... LOL

Hamida chill karo babes... Angry Love toh hone de before demanding it's installments from Jo ROFL 
But truly tho the woman is a total fangul of Jodha Embarrassed

Jalal saw and read and understood the gift! Dancing

LOL thank god cause i thought maybe Ruq will twist words but again her ego is too high right now to be that despo LOL

Someone looks HAWT in that fuschia Blushing Day Dreaming
I totally didn't see how beautiful it was thanks to that green overcoat...

They should give more scenes of him in the kurta only... I love this peacocok blue one he wears too Blushing All tight and tailored Evil Smile

Maina's concern was justified...

Poetry Eggsplanasion Tongue

LOL the Jibes these two take at each other Embarrassed
Haan Joe... he ain't that ishtupid... until u eggsplain the poem he can drool on you Cool
Hahaha so jodha does realise... That Jalal saves someone's words to throwback at the correct time! Tongue
Aur kitna taiyyar hona hai babes... Let him stare you when u wear the Jewelery Wink or you are afraid he might melt your Ameri gold with his heated gaze Blushing ROFL

Precap: MA and her D'oh attempts to explain Adham lol... poor her..Ashwini is good here protraying the "W*F shall I do with him" stance lmaooo...
Jalal dancing with Rahim so freely! Dancing

BTW MA is telling adham Ruq will be declared M-U-Z in the Jashan? Will she make something happen at the Jashan only? Shocked
Looks like she ain't gonna involve Jo, but surely make Ruq look like a negligable one!

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

supriya18l-NiklausFan-lFr0zenEXOLSuper Koolsun29AreYaar

Go to top