AKDHA FAN FICTION: MANY SHADES OF LOVE [Prt 3 Pg4]

Posted: 10 years ago
Hey Guys -

Inspired with some of the great FFs doing the rounds in the forum, I am posting my first part here below. Do let me know your comments. More parts are coming up, but welcome your comments for tweaks.

PART 1 

Jodha lay awake in her bed, wringing her silk bedsheet into knots. She tried writing a letter to Sukanya and masa  a while ago, only to give up when it made her desperately homesick. And with homesickness came pangs of anxiety on the decision she had to make - to meet or not to meet. Her heart was heavy with dread ever since she read the message from Sujamal bhaisa , sneaked in by Moti bai last night.  What was he doing begging her to meet at dusk near the Eastern wall of the fort? Was he in his senses? Couldn't he just write whatever he needed to say in that letter and be done with it? While she hated the fact that he waged war against Amer, while she vowed never to see his face, he is her bhaisa and she wouldn't wish him to be caught by the guards. But he surely realizes that its impossible to sneak out when she is constantly surrounded a babble of the 100 odd dasis, spies, assorted begums day in and day out? She let out a long sigh.

She heard a soft rustle at the hallway entrance, and knew Moti was back with her rose buttermilk she had promised to ease her throbbing headache.  "Oh Moti, you couldn't have come any quicker. My head is going to explode with the anxiety over his letter. Should I meet him, but don't you think  it would be hard especially after dark '" she realized there was a queer stillness and knew something was not right. "Moti?, Moti?"

She rose from the gigantic bed that overwhelmed her every time she lay on it and parted the gossamer curtains that shielded the bed from the rest of the chamber. "Moti, are you there?" Her heart thumped, it cant be one of the palace spies can it? If so did she give away too much? Her mind raced, yes she mentioned a letter, but no names. Still' She fumbled in the darkness towards the general direction of the doorway. Her eyes grew accustomed to the darkness and finally caught sight of the still figure towering at the doorway. For a moment, her heart stopped beating. It wasn't any palace spy. Oh, she wished it was, but her slamming heart told her exactly who it was. What was HE doing here, now? I thought after the ugly scene last night - oh, not again, not another drunken tirade. She halted in her place and took a deep breath and straightened her back and spoke in the dark, "To what do I owe this surprise visit in the middle of the night, Shehenshah?" She tried to sound as cold as she could, but her slamming heart didn't fool her one minute.

The figure snapped out of its menacing stillness, and slowly made its way towards her deliberately. Seeing his deliberate approach, Jodha felt like a prey trapped in terror. She panicked and took a few steps back saying " I, I .. better light a lamp." More confidently, "I am not accustomed to talking in the dark".

In response, there came the biting mockery of a laughter. It stopped and a deep, bitter voice range out "How funny. Then I must be mistaken a few minutes ago. I thought I heard you sighing and planning  what seems like a clandestine meeting with a lover?" Jodha nearly dropped the lamp she had managed to light.  A fierce hand grabbed her hand on the lamp steadying it roughly. He didn't let go of his vice like grip when he whispered  in her ear "Careful my dear wife, you are acting very guilty." 

To be continued

Part 1 - Page 1

Part 2 - Page 3

Part 3 - Page 4

Edited by darcy - 10 years ago
This is so lovely. ❤️ I finished it in one breath. 
This is absolutely great! I am amazed and I really liked this story's idea.
I am looking forward to next chapter :) !

Wow...!!! What a delightful read..it's a cliffhanger...please continue...
hey dear
nice start... i like it
please continue soon
Wow Yaar!Awesome FF!! 👏 👏 ⭐️Loved the 1st Part alot.❤️
Really eager to read more. 😳 😳 Pls Do Continue...Soon. 😊 😳
And Pls Do PM me when you update. 😊 😳 😳
Very nice update. I could imagine every scene.
Very well written. Continue as soon as possible.
Pm me
Superlative writing, plz PM me for updates.
nice ff
plzz update next part so soon

Nice start !!!
Pls continue soon !!!!