SRK Acting abilities getting older?

Posted: 17 years ago

Does acting ever become old with the age of the actor? Does age matter in what you do or your talent?

Being an SRK fan it doesnt feel nice people saying things like his acting is same all the time, he does same kinda roles etc.

In Anjam he played a negative character for which he got an award too, in DDLJ he played a spolit lover boy who is ready to take Panga with his would-be-father-in-law, got an award for that too. In K3G he played a son who longs to get back in the Parivar he left (i think he did get an award for this too).

In Bazigar he did play a lover boy but it was a negative role (another film he got award for), i don't get one thing why do people say he always plays same kinda roles, and then those people go to watch his films.

In Devdas he played a diff. role too and got an award for that too. I know all his films he played a lover boys role, but look at other actors they too play lover boys toles in their films, for instance HR, he played lover boy role in Kaho na...,Krish.

I know he is getting old but i dont think ones acting abilities gets old too, look at Big B, he is in his 60s but his acting is the same. Then why are people partitial towards SRK? I'm not an AB Senior fan but i have never said something like his acting abilities are getting older and etc, in fact i respect his work, i really liked him in Don, Souryavansham and Black.

Is it because he is famous, is it because people love him a lot and some people can't see that or is it because he is the King of Bollywood and your favourite star isn't?

I'm really hurt after seeing quite a lot of people's views (negative remarks) about SRK's acting. Evveryone has their own style, and if you like Salman doesnt mean you have to hate SRK, or if ur Amir Khan fan you dont have to be anti-SRK.

Originally posted by scorpion134

Does acting ever become old with the age of the actor? Does age matter in what you do or your talent?

no,age has nothing to do with talent..but as one actor ages,he must do roles which suit his age..you know,SRK can actually play the second fiddle now...Do roles like Big B(who is mostly playing a sidekick),and then ofcourse a movie like black would come one's way😛

Being an SRK fan it doesnt feel nice people saying things like his acting is same all the time, he does same kinda roles etc.

In Anjam he played a negative character for which he got an award too, in DDLJ he played a spolit lover boy who is ready to take Panga with his would-be-father-in-law, got an award for that too. In K3G he played a son who longs to get back in the Parivar he left (i think he did get an award for this too).

But look at the number of films where he seemed repetitive...DDLJ,Dil to Paagal hai,Kuch Kuch hota hai,K3G,kal ho na ho,main hoon na,chalte chalte and those n number of flicks with Juhi chawla......SRK has only swades,paheli,asoka where he has actually played a different role..whereas Aamir has Sarfarosh,Raja hindustani,Lagaan,mangal Pandey,Rang De basanthi,dil chahtha hai etc,each beloning to a different genre..and Ajay devagan is one of the most versatile acors...He has played all kind of roles👏

In Bazigar he did play a lover boy but it was a negative role (another film he got award for), i don't get one thing why do people say he always plays same kinda roles, and then those people go to watch his films.

In Devdas he played a diff. role too and got an award for that too. I know all his films he played a lover boys role, but look at other actors they too play lover boys toles in their films, for instance HR, he played lover boy role in Kaho na...,Krish.

No,the point is,SRK gets repetitive,whereas one doesnt feel the same about Hrithik...In Krrish,Hrithik has a boyish charm,and that could be sensed even in the dialogues...whereas in Kaho na,he was very much domineering..SRK plays the same "perfect lover boy kinda roles" which sucks🤢

I know he is getting old but i dont think ones acting abilities gets old too, look at Big B, he is in his 60s but his acting is the same. Then why are people partitial towards SRK? I'm not an AB Senior fan but i have never said something like his acting abilities are getting older and etc, in fact i respect his work, i really liked him in Don, Souryavansham and Black.

BIg B plays roles which suit his age😛...Its kinda hard to accept SRK as a lover boy any more..He looks too old for that

Is it because he is famous, is it because people love him a lot and some people can't see that or is it because he is the King of Bollywood and your favourite star isn't?

Nope,no jealousy here....a plain unbiased opinion

I'm really hurt after seeing quite a lot of people's views (negative remarks) about SRK's acting. Evveryone has their own style, and if you like Salman doesnt mean you have to hate SRK, or if ur Amir Khan d opinion...fan you dont have to be anti-SRK.

and do you think people compain only because they are jealous😕😆..Nahi .....

i remember reading one of his interview n he siad that he is happy, he is getting to play his age roles in films (taking about KANK).
I dont think he repeats himself, i'm very very very critical towards anything, in fact there are only few things that impress me, so whenever i watch anything i don't keep in mind that he is my favourite or she is my favourite.
About playing Perfect lover boy roles then yes he does, n only because he gets offered such roles, He played a perfect but negative lover boy in Anjam n did a fair job there too.
I think people generalise SRK's work. He does NOT have same facial expressions in each movie, be it a Chopra movie or be it a critics movie like Swades. If you are talking about crying then i have one question, don't we all cry in the same way, so whats the problem with SRK crying in the same way in each film, n mind you he has diff. facial expressions according to the role he plays.
About Hirithik i agree, criticism came his way in very beginning of his career, but didn't everyone stop after Jadoo film (forgot the name).
I'm not saying that people hate him but i think people dislike him coz of his status.
I dont like Ash as an actress but i do agree that she is beautiful not the most beautiful but yes she is pretty.
About SRK playing same roles, i mean young roles, then he is trying his very best to play diff. kinda roles. I'm 100% sure when DON will come out, people will still say the same thing "Lover-boy role" when there is nothing like this in the film.
Originally posted by Buffie

I agree with you👏 Well said😃

I am definitely not SRK's biggest fan, but I do think that compared with other Indian actors today, he can actually act, and overall, his movies are usually great. Age has nothing to do with it. 😊
Scorpio..shahrukh will b quite happy to know that he has such an adoring fan who debates against anybody who criticizes him and clarifies every other point they make 😆 ...Abt age,I think that as stars age, they should slowly move on to roles which suit their age. Remember AB, few years he used to play loverboy or action-hero with pretty young actresses, and nobody accepted him, then eventually he grew a silver beard, and started 'acting' his age...and everyone is going ga-ga over him...
Abt SRK...I think that he is a 'star', he has style and class, he has a charming demaneours( I dunno spelling)..but I wudnt say he's a very 'great' actor..He acts good, but not gr8..and I never like his acting when is doing emotional scenes and crying and all..he kind of overacts...Shahrukh has his own charming style..its most of the time, "SRK" we see onscreen, and not the character...I hope u got the point.. I am not against SRK..I like him too...

True..One cant call SRK a bad actor...SRK was EXCEPTIONAL in Swades....People say that DDLJ is his best performance,but I feel that Swades was his best performance 👏 ...Not even a modicum of overacting and SRK was just out of the world...But then again he was back to square 1 with a KANK and the N number of prosaic KJo flicks which he'd sign in future🤢

I think the SRK KJo jodi is getting quite insipid and boring ...I mean,yeah it worked in Kuch kuch hota hai and K3G,but now they dont really click with the audience as much as they used to earlier...Its wearisome to watch the movies from the same school...Ostentatious sets , boisterous over the top characters, movies invariably being tearjerkers imbued with dollops of grandiosity, extravagant clothes but with no soul....I mean,one really cant connect to these characters of a Karan Johar movie(and since he always makes movies based on family and stuff,one cannot say that one must forget about it once out of the thratre),atleast not me..I cant start dancing out of the blue without any rehersal,I dont wear the most expensive clothes when I'm at home.

High time SRK moves out of the Chopra Johar camp,and works with director like Asuthosh Gowariker(Swades),Rakeysh Mehra[Rang De Basanthi),Ram Gopal Varma(sarkaar) and Vishal Bharadwaj(Omkara) who make realistic movies...Seeing SRK do these hackneyed candyfloss roles really gets too monotonous..Whereas Aamir and Ajay devagan play roles which are atleast some what plausible and convincing.....Sheena,you could defend SRK 😃....Contradict me 😃

Edited by Buffie - 17 years ago
your right he should do some realistic movies but don't you think it will be too boring when everyone starts doing realistic movies and none is doing a commercial film?
I'm not defending SRK and i'm not his BIGGEST fan, i'm not like those who only live watching his movies.
He acted gr8 in each film he did except one with Naseerudin where Nasserudin was a ghost, SRK was good in that movie but not extraordinary.
About SRK;s movies, his acting makes you believe in the non-existing characters, his intensity in his acting reflects hwo powerful actor he is.
I'm not saying that no one else gives such powerful performances, AB sr did in Black.
i agree with the dancing part, no one dances in the rain, no one starts singing in a public place but thats what every other film has.
Krish, its a fairy tale but still people like it, why? coz people want to see such a beautiful world so whats wrong if SRK does such movies, n btw people still have extra-marital affairs, its just that we dont hear about them. And if we don't hear about something or if we don't see something doesnt mean it doesnt exist.
People do do detective jobs, so what if SRK played a detective in Badshah. People do go to Kothay so what if SRK went there playing Devdas.
Amitabh worked in a film where he goes to a Kothay wali, why do people say SRK's films are NOT REAL and everyother that doesnt have SRK IS REAL.
I'm not an Amira Khan fan, i dont like the kind of films he choses, like Rang De, Fana, Ghulam,these are boring subject films which DO HAVE LOVE scenes in THEM. But i won't say he is a bad actor, he is a good actor but his acting looks too perfect for me to believe in. I think whats perfect is boring.

Originally posted by scorpion134

your right he should do some realistic movies but don't you think it will be too boring when everyone starts doing realistic movies and none is doing a commercial film?

no,it wouldnt be boring..it'd be a nice change😛..I thoroughly enjoyed swades,Paheli......they werent boring...even Baazigar was quite interesting..He can work with Abbas mustan as well....Guess its some kind of an infra dig😕

I'm not defending SRK and i'm not his BIGGEST fan, i'm not like those who only live watching his movies.
He acted gr8 in each film he did except one with Naseerudin where Nasserudin was a ghost, SRK was good in that movie but not extraordinary.
About SRK;s movies, his acting makes you believe in the non-existing characters, his intensity in his acting reflects hwo powerful actor he is.

no,actually,he makes a caricature of himself many a times😆...he is a powerful actor,but he just gets too repetitive,and its boring to see the "SAME powerful" emoting😆 a ka the hamming,the smirking etc😆

I'm not saying that no one else gives such powerful performances, AB sr did in Black.

Sorry to say,But i think Big B overacted in black🤢

i agree with the dancing part, no one dances in the rain, no one starts singing in a public place but thats what every other film has.
Krish, its a fairy tale but still people like it, why? coz people want to see such a beautiful world so whats wrong if SRK does such movies,

no,when people go to watch Krrish,they go to the multiplexes knowing that they cant be supermen and superwomen..Like when I go to watch Dhoom 2,I would go there knowing that I will never be a thief.....But the Karan Johar SRK movies are the ones which (apparently ) can be related to....One tries to relate to a K3g,one never tried to connect to a krrish...Some movies have plain entertainment value,and some make us think,some influence us(as RDB did...the outh fought for  Jessica bedi ,and against the reservations..agreed,one cant say that it was only because of RDB that the youth stood up,but that too was quite inspiring)..one goes to watch a KANK/kal ho na ho to laugh,cry,feel sorry,hate etc..and when one comes out of a theatre,always after watching the SAME SRK acting out SIMILAR recycled scenes,they get peeved

n btw people still have extra-marital affairs, its just that we dont hear about them. And if we don't hear about something or if we don't see something doesnt mean it doesnt exist.

I havent watched the movie..but going by what people have said,the concept wasnt delt well...It just didnt strike a chord,as silsila or kabhi kabhi did

People do do detective jobs, so what if SRK played a detective in Badshah. People do go to Kothay so what if SRK went there playing Devdas.
Amitabh worked in a film where he goes to a Kothay wali, why do people say SRK's films are NOT REAL and everyother that doesnt have SRK IS REAL.

no,he does slightly different roles too,but his expressions remain the same..now see,I know that if a person is used to smiling in 😃 way,he can smile  that smile only in that way...but,he can also smile this smile 😛,or this one 😊(are you understanding what I'm saying..if you do,kindly explain to me😛,as I dont understand)..SRK's expressions are always the same,no voice modulation for ifferent roles,no change in look..he's boring

I'm not an Amira Khan fan, i dont like the kind of films he choses, like Rang De, Fana, Ghulam,these are boring subject films which DO HAVE LOVE scenes in THEM. But i won't say he is a bad actor, he is a good actor but his acting looks too perfect for me to believe in. I think whats perfect is boring.

Aamir might be perfect,but he's atleast different....watch mangal pandey and fanaa...Aamir's acting is so different,and he works on his look too,msomething which SRK doesnt do