Jodha Akbar

Jalaal-Jodha: We Only Tell The Truth.

MoronsKiMallika thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago

Jodha :

I did exactly what you told me to do, or rather ordered me to do. You said get up and sing a song - i sang a song and i sang what i have been singing since childhood. You are drunk and you are not in your senses , you must leave from here as this behaviour does not suit a king. Forcing yourself upon me is not done. I honour my commitment to you as your wife , no matter how much it depresses me , but you must be an honourable man. And i say this in the most respectful and mild manner - Leave me alone and stay away from me. 

Jalaal:

I hate you and am obsessed with you with a passion and obsession that you can only imagine. All this theatrical play of being a good king, a good son-in-law and restoring Amer to your father was just an eye wash so that i could clip your wings and lock you up in my stunning four walls. Everyone wants me . How can you not want me?  How can you reject my advances towards you when am your husband? You are disgusted by me? Great. I am also disgusted by you and even though i have every power to conquer you physically, i won't. If me touching you is against your pride, then, me touching you is also against my pride. I am leaving you alone but we are not done yet. 

Today, while Jodha was a mixed bag of fear, guts, depression and terror, Jalaal was a roaring wave of rejection, dejection, fury, hatred and an obsessive attachment. Jodha only made her refusal and disdain mildly visible but was definite with it - she wouldn't have gone running in passages if Jalaal would have pushed her for consummation. Yes, she hates him but she also accepts and understands that she is his wife. Jalaal , on the other hand was not just royally bruised in his ego when Jodha flinched at his breath closing in on her face - he was hurt as well - that how can she hate him to such an extent that she would run to the Hamaam to wash herself at his mere touch? It hit him really hard that Jodha does not want to be his wife in a whole sense - and that is why he hit her pride with his arrogant declaration of never touching her. 

Its a passionate tug of war where Jalaal is no longer control of Jalaal as Jodha continues to drive him up the wall ; where Jodha is in a 50-50 boat as a woman who accepts Jalaal as her hubbykins on paper but not in body, heart and spirit. And Jalaal's alligator behaviour does not make it any easier for her to even start thinking of this Nikaah as marriage in the real sense. 

I remember a scene in the film Jodha-Akbar, where Jodha had calmly and sweetly told Akbar that she is not ready to consummate this marriage. Akbar was super offended but he gave her time and their relationship built over time. Here, on the other hand, unless one of these two - Jalaal or Jodha don't stop fighting, they are going to stay in square one. I hate you, you hate me, lets give hell to each-other. 

For now, Jalaal is an offended man and Jodha is a traumatized woman. So, Jalaal will continue hurting Jodha in hopes that this will cure what is burning inside him, and Jodha , will continue with her patience, perseverance  and spirit. 

And no, am not talking about Ruqqu or MA today. Not needed. :-)
Edited by MoronsKiMallika - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

LadyMacbeth thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
What about Maan Singh ? You did not mention him in your post ? I'm sooo in love with this boy right now n they made him a captive ??? ðŸ˜¡
Come on ! He is no guy ! He's a 14-15 year old boy for heaven's sake .
This content was originally posted by: LuvMishalRaheja

What about Maan Singh ? You did not mention him in your post ? I'm sooo in love with this boy right now n they made him a captive ??? ðŸ˜¡

Come on ! He is no guy ! He's a 14-15 year old boy for heaven's sake .

Thank you. I will write about Maan Singh tomorrow after Jalaal declares the punishment - watching a whole scene gives you its essence properly. 

Jalaal is not being mean to Maan because he is taking this breaking of rules seriously. He is being harsh because he knows he can hurt Jodha through Maan. And Jalaal will not stop hurting Jodha until that burning sensation inside him heals.😆
Edited by MoronsKiMallika - 10 years ago
Super Kool thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Firstly, I love your posts...

The moment jodha closed her eyes with disgust and fear...jalal's rage knew no bounds...he shot back at jodha...if, you don't want to touch mein...fine...i echo the sentiments...jodha knowingly or unknowingly manages to push his hot buttons...
Edited by Super Kool - 10 years ago
Suchi- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
poor Jodha.. felt really bad for her today. 
Waiting for how Maan singh's punishment will be dealt with. I think Jodha will win the chess match and ask for his release. 
preet_pal320 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Haven't seen the episode yet but just wanted to say I love your posts! I used to read them in Qubool Hai forum but haven't seen them lately. I'm glad to see you here :)

Based on what you've said, now that the hatred has been disclosed, things will probably remain at this level for a while and then improve.

Also, I like how no one has really instigated Jalal against Jodha. Ruqaiya did make that comment during the song but it seems to me he was already angry. His hatred is only his; it's not pushed upon him by any outsider. I hope this continues and that he doesn't use anyone else's words to spur his hatred and changes his mind about Jodha based on her actions.
LadyMacbeth thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: MoronsKiMallika

Thank you. I will write about Maan Singh tomorrow after Jalaal declares the punishment - watching a whole scene gives you its essence properly. 

Jalaal is not being mean to Maan because he is taking this breaking of rules seriously. He is being harsh because he knows he can hurt Jodha through Jalaal. And Jalaal will not stop hurting Jodha until that burning sensation inside him heals.😆

It was really sad to think that women of harem could not meet any relatives of them if they were men . Does not matter even if it was your kid nephew ! ðŸ¤¢
Though I don't think Jalal will actually give Maan Singh any harsh punishment . He likes the boy , I think so at least . ðŸ¤”
Bushra_Munia thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
I loved their takraar. Kya intense hain
This content was originally posted by: Suchi-Virmanian

poor Jodha.. felt really bad for her today. 

Waiting for how Maan singh's punishment will be dealt with. I think Jodha will win the chess match and ask for his release. 

Thank you. Well, Jodha has gotten married to an apparently heartless man who thinks of her as nothing but his prized trophy - the weather between them is going from bad to worse. So, all this had to be coming. Jodha winning the chess match or purposely losing it will only make Jalaal more furious.😆
LadyMacbeth thumbnail
Btw . Why there was no precap today ? ðŸ˜•